The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2008 entrée: Jay Sankey » » Other Career? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Hi Jay - it's great to have you at the Café! If you had to pick a career other than magic (or comedy), what would it be?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
jay sankey
View Profile
V.I.P.
68 Posts

Profile of jay sankey
Writing for film, or maybe photography (esp B+W without people in the shots) or maybe advertising (I LOVE the art of 'compelling communication') or music, I can't play an instrument, but I hope to---rather I WILL! I love the aural and the visual. They are my friends. It's been said there is only one art. And I believe that what we call 'intelligence' often comes down to an ability to FOCUS. So what am I trying to say? I'm not sure, and hey, that's fine, right? Certainty is an all too popular form of self-delusion! (PS. It's a mere 50 degrees today in my office! Darn landlord has been dragging his heels on the 'new heating system' for months now! And so my fingers are a little cold and stiff and my double looks even worse than usual!) Smile (Note to new members: when someone types ":" combined with ")" they are creating a very small, human face that is smiling. The ":" represent the eyes while the ")" represents the smiling mouth. It is typically used to underscore/guide the interpretation of the previous sentences/sentences as funny or humorous. More often than not it is actually way to defuse/defang any hidden or not-so-hidden ideas that some may find challenging or even threatening. Now you know.) ~:) (that dash before the smile is borrowed from symbolic logic and I'm employing to underscore that the previous sentence/sentences are NOT ment to be funny. Smile Oops, by using that smiling face I've created a paradoxical/contradictory message. Wittgenstein is my great grampa. Yogi Bear is my cousin. Bob Barker is my son. (Jay continued to pluck out his few remaining hairs with a pair of pliers.)
"Muggs"
View Profile
New user
Bridgeport, CT
64 Posts

Profile of
LOl...they make pliers that small in Canada?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2008 entrée: Jay Sankey » » Other Career? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL