The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A review of "Anti-Gravity" Self-levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I am fortunate enough to be one of the “select few” who has test driven Ray Noble and Magical Dimensions’ new self-levitation, “Anti-Gravity.” I know that Mr. Noble has spent several years perfecting this method and has finally been cajoled into releasing it to the magic fraternity.

As a magician who has performed the Balducci levitation for years and more recently purchased, “The Elevator,” an absolutely awesome self-levitation by Peter Loughran, I must say that this new self-levitation effect is an interesting alternative deserving of the attention of professional minded magicians interested in this type of effect!

The instruction booklet that comes with the effect is well written and chock full of descriptive photographs. The gimmick itself is definitely different from anything else that I have seen on the market. It allows the performer to levitate without bending or squatting down. This will definitely be of interest to others like myself who may have bad knees or trouble with the get-ready needed for other similar self-levitation effects.

Without tipping the method here in this open forum, suffice to say that Mr. Noble has taken a very old principle of magic and combined it with a “special something” that allows one to accomplish the effect of self levitation with ease. He even tells you in the instruction booklet about a method of going south with the gimmick that would allow you to be strip-searched and the gimmick never found.

I have only encountered two minor negative points with “Anti Gravity” during my testing of the prop. The first is balance. I suspect though, that with more practice, it would become easier to perform and that ones sense of balance would improve over time. The other point was some one time minor modification to your shoe that must be done in order to make the effect practical to perform.

Owners of “The Elevator” and/or “King Rising” may be interested in “Anti-Gravity” just for the purpose of having multiple methods to accomplish the same effect. (When your audiences’ guess too close to one method, you could switch to another the next time they see you do it.) Others who are in the market for a self-levitation will find “Anti-Gravity” an amazing effect that is clever, practical and deceptive.

Lyndel
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Very descriptive review Lyndel! Yeah, you are quite fortunate and it sure has it's plus points. I have a few quesions though:

Do you NEED shoes to do this?

How much will it sell for?

Thanx!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Logan,

In answer to your question, yes, you DO require shoes to be able to perform "Anti-Gravity."

As far as price goes, I'm not sure that Mr. Noble has worked out his costs and/or price point for the effect as of yet. I am sure that he will post it to this forum as soon as he has done so. Based though on a brief conversation that I had with him, I suspect that it will be under $200.00 bucks.

Hope this answered your questions Logan. Meanwhile, I would suggest that all other inquiries about the prop be directed to Mr. Noble himself as I have nothing to do with the manufacture and/or sale of "Anti-Gravity."

Lyndel
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey Lyndel!

Thanx, yeah you've answered my questions!

By the way, cool avatar man!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Quote:
On 2003-03-07 17:35, Lyndel wrote:
....under $200.00 bucks.

Lyndel

Jeez..200 bucks?!? Anyway, why is this so great? Do you go higher or something? I'm afraid I'll be sticking to the Elevator and King's Rising!!

Ian
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
You said you own the Elevator. Is Anti-Gravity harder to balance than the Elevator?

What sort of situations have you used this in so far?

Thanks for your time
Justin
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
Ditto the question on comparisons on balance.

Also, is it suitable for Parlour? Comparisons with the Elevator as which you think (if either) would be more suitable for Parlour presentation.

Many Thanks
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
Elevator is an awesome effect and requires quite a bit of balance but can be mastered in a few days of using it. By the way is anti-gravity the same as zero-gravity? Smile
~Magic-Al~
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
No it is not.

Mr. Lyndel,
Thank you for the kind words. I asked you to tell what you really though. I am pleased that you like it.

I have been talking to Jacob about his "Antigravity" I am going to change the name of my levitation. He had the name first. It is only fair.

Listen up people! Anyone that comes up with a name for my levitation and I use it, will get one for FREE!

Thinking caps on!

Ray Noble
Arlen
View Profile
Regular user
Keith Arlen Lack
143 Posts

Profile of Arlen
How about the following:

HOVER
HOVER FLIGHT
LIFT OFF LEVITATOR

or my favorite: If you only sold them to pepole named Bud, you could call it Bud Light! I crack myself up! Just kidding.
Happy Conjuring,

Keith Arlen Lack
530-221-7324
www.arlenstudio.com
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
The Ascension
Lighter than Air
Eagle's Flight
Truly Flying
Defying Gravity

I'm sure I'll think up more later...

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Zach Allen,
I like "The Ascension". But someone already told me that name in an E-mail.
You know who you are!

Ray Noble
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Hmmm....

"Ascend"
"Poise"
"Deliberate Drifting"
"Ultimate Levitation"
"Going Up?"
"No Strings Attached"

Judging by the nature of how you want to keep this somewhat exclusive, I'd think that you'd probably want a name that suggests a bit of higher mystique around it. Perhaps something simple such as "The Rising".

You could always go the route of altering a popular slogan.

"Just Float"
"Got Air?"

"Walking on Air"
"To Soar"
"Leap of Faith"
"Flubber"
"Air Cushion"

Another idea would be to simply name it, "The Levitation".

"The Surge"
"Magnetic Attraction"
"Static Shock"

From the audience's point of view, with proper presentation, any levitation appears to be a miracle. So "The Miracle" would be an apt name for it.

"The Upspring"
"The Star-Toucher"
"The Arising"
"The Lift"

"The Portent"
"The Phenonemon"
"Tibetan Ascension" - named after the Tibetan monks
"Wonder-Lev"
"The Perplexity Paradox"

Ok that about does it for me tonight...I'll be up bright and early to add some more. This is pretty fun...

Zach Allen
The Magic of Zach Allen

Starlit Circles
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Okay, I'll bite. Here are a few, cuz I am intrigued by your levitation...

-Polarity
-Reverse Polarity
-SL2K3 (Street Levitation 2003)
-Millenium Levitation (I know, dated idea)
-Off the Asphault/Concrete
-Commando Levitation
-Urban Levitation
-Skywalker
-How High
-Balducci's Dream
-Sidewalk Rise
-The Rise
-G-Force
-S3 (Super Street Suspension)
-Angelic
-Angelic Rising
-Angels Rise
-Winged
-Hover
-Hovering
-Searle's Levitation (Searle was the scientist who noted the relationship between electricity and gravity, and the first person to acheive 'anti-gravity)
-Nobility
-Rising Nobility

I, like everyone else, would like to get a copy of your effect, so I will post more, as they come to me, but hopefully, you will choose on of the above. Smile

Later,

Sean
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
One word: Levitator Smile
marien_zc
View Profile
New user
Dominican Republic
46 Posts

Profile of marien_zc
I though if a kind of proffesional quote this would probably atract some costumers. chek it out...

" If newton didn't exist would there still be gravity?"

"With the LEVITRON gravity are just fantasies, without it levitating is just another impossible things humans dream of..."

that's the best I can give hope you like it... By the way I am just trying to help I don't really want one of your gimmiks free, I will accept with being one of the selected few, or I will also accept a little disscount, but don't need to bother to give me a free gimmik, I know it takes time to create them why waste one like this...

Hope this helps you in any way.

Uhh bu the way how hight can you go with this levitation??
What?!
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
...up up and away? Smile

I haven't read any names yet, but it looks like theres a great interest in the levitation because I've seen so many posts..

Why don't you just mass produce it?

Why don't you call it "Iraq"? Theyll see a lot of flying things in the next few weeks... Smile

Ian
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Reach for the Sky
Just Float
Carbonation Levitation
The Noble Effect
Disillusioned
Forces Unleashed
Spirit Rise
Balancing on Air
Simply Soaring

That's it for now...

Zach
The Magic of Zach Allen

Starlit Circles
MagicAL47
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of MagicAL47
How about hover-feet or maybe "Weighhtless"?
~Magic-Al~
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
"Stealth Rising"
"Spirit Rise"
"The Yogi Rising"
Hoping you like these! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A review of "Anti-Gravity" Self-levitation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL