The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bitten (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
BlackDove
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of BlackDove
Quote:
On 2008-02-13 21:20, BenTrain (Nordatrax) wrote:
Could I perform this effect with a zit, or herpes?

Eczema/scars work?

Kidding aside, I assume this is a joke? If it is, its a funny satire on the current market scene. If it isn't, well, then it's even funnier!

When I read herpes I actually laughed out loud... THAT was funny. haha
This effect looks pretty cool, but just curious, could it me done with anything else?
I love the idea, but I don't know if I want to inflict discomfort on my spectators. haha
Thanks.

Calvin Lauber
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Quote:
On 2008-02-13 21:20, BenTrain (Nordatrax) wrote:
Could I perform this effect with a zit, or herpes?

Eczema/scars work?

Kidding aside, I assume this is a joke? If it is, its a funny satire on the current market scene. If it isn't, well, then it's even funnier!

It is not a joke. If you don't like the idea, don't buy it. This obviously isn't the type of effect for a comedy magician like yourself. This is meant for the bizarre magician looking to really freak someone out. This could even be done in the offbeat with no words. The reactions I've had with this the past few months have been ridiculous. I've seen grown men run away.

One of the routines taught in the manuscript is the transfer of the bite from your arm to your spectator, then you apparantly heal the spectator and the bite ends on your finger leaving the spectator with a faint itchy feeling.

Once again, this effect is not for everyone. Look out for the raw performance demo within 2-3 weeks.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Seems like the same line of thinking that produced mentalists that thought it would be a good idea to go up to people and bend their house keys. Except this one adds physical discomfort to the mix... a marked improvement!
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Any updates? I am extremely excited about this! Approximate cost? Is it an ebook, trick, or DVD?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 12:17, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Any updates? I am extremely excited about this! Approximate cost? Is it an ebook, trick, or DVD?
Read things..

"Teaser will be out soon. Will hopefully be released to the magic community in both manuscript or PDF format by this April"
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Sorry, must have missed that... hehe...
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Because..You don't read..things
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I did... read... just... missed.. that... detail.
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

JacQues Olet and myself wrote most of the manuscript, but we may have the trick produced on video. A lot of the effect depends on the performance and selling the idea that the mosquito bite transferred from your arm to their arm with a rub of your fingers and the DVD format may be good for this. Additionally, the way this effect is performed will make or break this effect to yoru spectators, so we want to emphasize what the key points are in the performance. We're as excited about this effect as you guys are so keep checking back!
-Tomer

PS: We're trying to think of a tagline for this effect..any thoughts? The best we came up with so far is "It will suck what you thought was possible out of you"
elevenseventysix
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of elevenseventysix
This sounds interesting, but bizarre. But a good bizarre. I think.

I'd be interested to know the limitations of the effect, but if looks and appears to be pulled off exactly how it's been described then you've got my attention!

I think if people excercise caution when doing this effect then ethically you should be OK about it... Hey, if they know what they're getting themselves in for before the effect then I don't see too much of an issue. ("What I'm about to do was learnt in a cult in a far corner of Asia and never before seen in the Western world... Please do not offer yourself up if you are easily disturbed or get nauseous easily..." blah blah... some more cliche rubbish... you get the picture!) If you offer some kind of pre-warning then I don't see that much of an issue.

To be honest, I'm more worried about potential YouTubers splattering poor versions of it all over the internet.

Eagerly awaiting the video demo!
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Elevenseventysix, exactly
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2008-02-17 01:06, palmtreemagic! wrote:
PS: We're trying to think of a tagline for this effect..any thoughts? The best we came up with so far is "It will suck what you thought was possible out of you"

Bite me?
elevenseventysix
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of elevenseventysix
Can the person who comes up with the best tagline get a free copy?! Smile
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Dengue? You're Velcome.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
"Take a bite out of the possibilities, you will be bitten by this!"
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Like a vampire bite, the next victim is never too far away...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Words fail me...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
"Take a fresh new bite out of magic, get bitten"
"Taking a fresh new bite out of magic"

...mmm..biting..biting..biting..

lol to be honest putting "sucking" is a horrible thing to put in with a tagline or anything in a magic product description. Stray away from "sucking" lol
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Quote:

lol to be honest putting "sucking" is a horrible thing to put in with a tagline or anything in a magic product description. Stray away from "sucking" lol

agreed lol
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
"You'll be smitten with bitten."
What's funny is if it's not a good trick than the creator's next release will say, "once bitten, twice shy." Lol....I'm excited about this release..."chomping at the bit"...I can see me doing this with patter that says, "I had this one woman in the audience one time and she said, "bite me!" so I did!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bitten (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL