The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Cup routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
CMNeff
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CMNeff
Can someone tell me what an RNT chop cup is?

Thanks!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13385 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually Chop Chop was his stage name, not his nickname. He and his wife performed as Chop Chop and Charlene.

The original bamboo chop cup was only sold for a few months. There were so many of them that cracked that he had to go to some other way of making the cups.

The original name that the cup was advertised under was "Beauty."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
waterford
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of waterford
I am looking for resources that would help me develop a STAND-UP routine with a chop cup -- something that would play for a hundred people or more. I do standard C & B in the that setting (my variation of Vernon's routine) and I'm looking to vary the program with just one cup for audiences who have seen that. I'll look at the L&L and Stevens videos. Can anyone guide me further or make a recommendation? Anyone know where I could see Paul Daniels' routine and whether it has ever been written up? Many thanks!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You can see the Paul Daniels routine on YouTube. Although he's standing, it still required a table (more like a tall pedestal)
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Waterford

I built my chop cup routine from Worlds Greatest Magic The Chop Cup, Gazzo Street Cups and Balls and Peter Wardell Crowd Puller. It makes for a mix of a Chop Cup and Cups and Balls routine.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Bob McAllister did a standing routine with no table. He was using a Ravel chop cup for his routine and did a series of visual penetrations. I've been searching for clips on youtube but couldn't find any. It was his weekend kid's show where Bob did magic that actually got me interested in the chop cup.

Jake

Quote:
On 2008-05-11 16:22, Dave V wrote:
You can see the Paul Daniels routine on YouTube. Although he's standing, it still required a table (more like a tall pedestal)

Dave,
just found that clip on youtube, that was great. Thanks for bringing that up. I've always loved Paul's whitty style of magic.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Paul Daniels routine (but not his personality) is available from http://www.stevensmagic.com It is the KEN BROOKE routine, which he taught to Paul. I have seen Paul do this for a theater audience of 1,500 and kill. It was the feature of his act when he played the Tropicana in Las Vegas.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
I couldn't find the booklet on there as a stand alone. Only packaged with the rnt2 chop cup.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
L Trunk,
PM me your address, I've got original KB cups coming out my ears, One has a dent in the side. With that being said, PM your address and I'll send it along with the original mimeographed version of Ken's routine at no charge, that ways their's no conflict in sharing the routine with you. The cup still works great it just look like it has a pair of small but cheeks on one side Smile

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Do you still have any of the tall sized ones jake? only saw junior on the site
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Josh,
I have a bunch of originals from years ago, they are the tall highball cup, I was collecting them like PF cups to make the tooling from for Stevens. I have some old and some of the newer ones for Stevens on hand.

Jake
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Ahh cool, I only got "stubby" ones. I could use a taller one for some things
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Cup routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL