The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Question on ECHOO echoo, (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Howdy, I just got in my first PA system. I have never had one of my own, always just talked loudly or used the system from the facility.

First, I have a sound newbie question. Is there a specific use for the echo effect? I wasn't sure if it is only used to sound "cool" or if it has a specific purpose such as adjusting for the acoustics of a room or something.

Now, about my new purchase--this little PA system seems pretty good. I got a factory refurbished Pyle PWMA230 battery operated system with wireless hand mic for $100 delivered. It is not what I was looking at originally, but seems to fit my immediate needs and will make a good (I hope) back up system and for those times when I do not have power available for some reason. Specs are below.

It seems to have plenty of power for a party at a home or classroom sized event, probably will handle up to 50 or more children I guess. I still plan to get the Fender Passport PD-250 with stands at a later date for use in gyms and auditoriums. But this little fella seems to pack a pretty large sound and is very very portable.

Specs

• Unit Powered by Internal Rechargeable Battery Pack
  • 2 Mic, 1 Guitar, and 1 Audio 1/4'' Inputs
  • Echo, Bass and Treble Controls
  • RF, Charge, Low Batt & Power LED Indicators
  • Dynamic Wireless Mic w/ 3 Position Power Switch & LED
  • Operation range: 100 ft.
  • 8'' Full range Speaker
  • 100W RMS, 200W Peak Power
  • Unit Battery Life: Approx. 5 Hours
  • Mic Battery Life: Approx. 45 Hours
  • Ported Enclosure for Increased Bass Response
  • Telescoping Handle & Caster Wheels
  • 35mm Speaker Stand Mount
  • Operating Frequency: 177-205 MHz
  • 110/220 Voltage Switchable
  • Weight: 26.5 lbs.
  • Dimensions: 14.7''L x 10.6''W x 11.2''H
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
The echo effect is not something you will use for anything other than "special" voice effects.

It has no application in correcting room acoustics.

It is really just icing on your PA, and you shouldn't feel uncomfortable if you never even turn it on Smile
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
It's an effect to give the ambiance of being in a concert hall or a canyon. It's not an EQ tool. It can give you the "Voice of God." Good luck.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Question on ECHOO echoo, (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL