The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » The Chronology of a Nightmare (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Kudos to Dr. Spooner in the February issue for an exceptionally fascinating article on the history/origin of Bob Carver's "The Professor's Nightmare." This is the caliber of material that keeps me coming back for more.

Many thanks!
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Magiguy,

I had the same reaction. I felt like it was a real intimate story, he was pulling me, and me only, aside to tell me this fascinating history. It was an incredible read, especially given the popularity of the effect (which I do in every magic show I perform).

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Dr. Spooner is an incredible storyteller with a wealth of tales like this one. We are most privileged to have him and Phil Willmarth in our Ring...and when the two of them start spinning their tales the rest of us will find a quiet niche within earshot, sit and listen. Dr. Spooner also serves as our annual auctioneer. There was an audible gasp one year when he picked an item up, showed it to Phil & MIke Gorman and all three announced, "We have no idea WHAT this thing is." We all assumed that between him, Phil and Mike the sum total of magic knowledge resided in that room!

I also enjoyed Bobby Warren's feature on Richard Osterlind. While I don't have the studied personality to give Richard's effects justice, I really enjoy his style and creativity. Most importantly I agree strongly with and salute his avoidance of camera tricks, stooges and pre-show edits. I feel as though I personally know the man after reading that wonderful feature, Bobby! Thanks!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Skip Way,

Thanks for the kind words. Richard Osterlind was very generous with his time.

Thanks again,

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Was a good issue, I really think TLR is improving.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » The Chronology of a Nightmare (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL