The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Give-a-Ways (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Don't be silly Christopher, make him do somethign really amazing. Borrow $49.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I give away pencils with my logo and email address printed on them. Cheap. If I did a $5 bill switch, I'd increase my price by $5.

Jim
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I know magicians swear by give aways.

But I have never used a personalised give away. I do give away signed cards, and then sign them, but nothing with logo stuff on it.

I think magicians are more enthralled with them than people are really.

I have always felt that if "everyone gets one" it diminishes the value of it.

I know how rare this opinion is. I am not saying it is right for anyone but me, just my viewpoint is all. No flames needed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
andyhurst
View Profile
New user
Somerset, UK
64 Posts

Profile of andyhurst
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 23:13, Cohiba wrote:
A give-a-way I always wanted to do but never purchased the effect for was Sixten Beme's One-Card Link. It was advertised in The Linking Ring years ago. Has anyone ever seen this or done it? It was quite pricey for an effect ($80 maybe?), but the effect was killer, leaving a card linked to itself in an impossible way, and it could be given away. A friend showed me the premise behind it, and it was clever.
If you've done this, what were the reactions?

Sixten Beme's one card link is genius but (without exposing anything) there is a some preparation you need to have done for each performance of the trick, this takes time and there is something descrepant about the linked cards you give away at the end of the one card version which can be noticed. I'd let the linked cards be examined but I wouldn't necessarily give them away as a souvineer. The problem is that time is money and the time factor involved in the pre-performance work is quite a bit, especially if you wanted to make enough to do this at a number of tables for example. I think I'd rather give away $4 each time I did a table than have to spend all the time making up the one card links.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking one card link at all here, like I said, it is genius, but its probably not something you'd do table to table and give away. It's more someone you'd do on special occasions.

For table hopping I do my own "Hitched Linking card" and leave the specators with the frames and torn out centers (not in a linked condition though). I've come across people months later who have come back to the restaurant and they pluck the battered card frames out of their purse and say "can you do this one again?".

It always amazes me what rubbish people keep!

Andy.
Andy Hurst
----------
http://www.andyhurstmagic.com/
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 16:13, jimhlou wrote:
I give away pencils with my logo and email address printed on them. Cheap. If I did a $5 bill switch, I'd increase my price by $5.

Jim

Good point! The problem is this trick would quickly become your most requested. You'd have to ask for raises each week!
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Thanks for the response, Andy.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I use ..

Business Cardio-Graphic
(they get my business card, and cardiographic drawing which is signed by them)

Napkin Rose.
(currently do Incredible Dancing Paper Napkin, and then turn it into a rose)

One Care Garage- Sankey
(They get their signed card with garage drawing)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Give-a-Ways (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL