The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming soon - Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I am a huge fan of the Pat Page/Fred Kaps Easy Money plot. I was a big proponent in Greg Wilson releasing his Hundy 500 and helped Greg with that project. I was a big proponent when I saw Richard Sanders' Slow Burn. I thought the bar had been reached and then I saw Karl Hein do his Heiny 500 and strongly encouraged Karl to release this as it once again raised the bar on this great plot. I thought nothing could come along that would touch Hundy, Slow Burn, and Heiny until I saw Richard Sanders new "Extreme Burn". "Extreme Burn" will be previewed in a very limited run of 100 units at Blackpool. Don't walk but RUN to buy this. You just won't believe how visual the changes are and it is LOADED with different ideas, handlings, etc. on Richard's improvement (consider working in Karl's count and some of his shows as well as Greg Wilson's thoughts from Hundy). Murphy's will have it a week or so after Blackpool so it will be available through your favorite dealer but if I were at Blackpool (I can't go due to my leg injuries) I'd buy one in a heart beat. This is SO good. It looks like trick photography. Wait until you see the clips. I am getting a copy of the finished DVD soon so will post more detailed information. This may well be one of the BIG releases of 2008.

Tim Trono
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Jeez, so many variations of this one effect. I can't say I mind though since it's my closer.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I LOVE Richard's Slow Burn. I think it was the best version of Kapps/Page plot. As with all of Richard's magic. it LOOKS like real magic, not just a "trick".

Richard is one of the most brilliant Magicians in the world today and this is exciting news that he has taken the effect to another level!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
923 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I just recently got Slow Burn and love it. Maybe I should have waited for this version.... Story of my life.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
rubadubdub
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rubadubdub
How many versions do we need?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Just the Fred Kaps version of the Pat Page idea is enough for me!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Well, if it's from Richard Sanders, then I say anything is worthwhile and worth getting excited. I'm looking forward for the releasing of this effect! Cheers!!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Certainly if you use the Pat Page/Fred Kaps version (it should be noted that the originator is Patrick Page, Fred Kaps changed it and popularized it) then more power to you. It is a great handling and has stood the test of time. Definitely use what works for YOU. It's not so much that we need a new version but it's amazing to see the improvements. As I said in my initial post, I didn't think it could go beyond Hundy 500 as I personally felt that was a big improvement over the Pat Page routine. Then I saw Karl Hein's Heiny 500 and was amazed at the count, shows, etc. - it just made it look that much more like real magic. I actually recommended considering combining ideas from Heiny with Hundy. Then I saw several full clips of Richard Sanders' "Extreme Burn"... it looks like magic... no folding... just the change right with no cover. What until you see the clips! As in any routine I always recommend one learn ALL they can about it... look up and study Pat Page, Bob King, Fred Kaps, Mark Allen, Jim Pace, Greg Wilson, Karl Hein, Richard Sanders, etc. and pull what YOU like from all of them... what works for you, what feels right for you. Personally I don't look it as just another version... I look at it as raising the bar.

Tim Trono
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 13:07, Tim Trono wrote:
Certainly if you use the Pat Page/Fred Kaps version (it should be noted that the originator is Patrick Page, Fred Kaps changed it and popularized it) then more power to you. It is a great handling and has stood the test of time. Definitely use what works for YOU. It's not so much that we need a new version but it's amazing to see the improvements. As I said in my initial post, I didn't think it could go beyond Hundy 500 as I personally felt that was a big improvement over the Pat Page routine. Then I saw Karl Hein's Heiny 500 and was amazed at the count, shows, etc. - it just made it look that much more like real magic. I actually recommended considering combining ideas from Heiny with Hundy. Then I saw several full clips of Richard Sanders' "Extreme Burn"... it looks like magic... no folding... just the change right with no cover. What until you see the clips! As in any routine I always recommend one learn ALL they can about it... look up and study Pat Page, Bob King, Fred Kaps, Mark Allen, Jim Pace, Greg Wilson, Karl Hein, Richard Sanders, etc. and pull what YOU like from all of them... what works for you, what feels right for you. Personally I don't look it as just another version... I look at it as raising the bar.

Tim Trono

Well said. I'm still open for new ideas. Let's keep trying to improve this wonderful trick.

Robert
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I heard that T11 is about to put out a new one. It's supposed to look like trick photography.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Extreme Burn trailer is up on Richiards site: it looks like trick photography! I gasped when the change was made.

http://www.sandersfx.com
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
That's amazing! 9 changes?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4312 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 20:55, Sir Pharaul wrote:
I heard that T11 is about to put out a new one. It's supposed to look like trick photography.
Yeah called "Prophet". Nobody is sure if it it -just- a bill change. We will just have to wait and see.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Looks hot! Richard you got me. I'll definitely be forking over the real dough for the magic dough.

No monkey business, no fartin' around. They just change. Love it!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Does this use the same gimmick as Hundy 500. It says it comes with a specially manufactured gimmick.

Jeff
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
No, the move is totally different in Extreme Burn!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Without tipping anything it does use a gimmick but you can do ANYTHING you want to from Hundy 500, Heiny 500, etc. with this. It's not what I originally thought it was - it's better.

I have seen all of the various changes and they are just incredible.

Tim
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yeah, that demo blew my mind. I am officially, and happily, fooled!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Very nice. I thought Hundy and Heiny 500 were great. This one just fried my brains.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming soon - Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL