The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Bridal Curse Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Mr. Crown very kindly sent me a copy of his manuscript for review, and it is my pleasure to offer my thoughts to anyone who may be interested in this manuscript, available at lybrary.com.

The short version:

1.The routine is a coins across with a little extra punch at the end, taking a cue from David Roth among others.

2.Technically, it is fairly easy, but will require some...equipment, though I suspect most of you have the needed item allready.

3.The manuscript itself is well written considering that English is a second language for the author.

4.There are a number of photos illustrating the routine, making it very easy to learn.

5. The author has some nice touches with a [ s**l. I never use one, but if you do, there is something here for you.

6. The author has obviously used this routine. Certain suggestions he gives only come out of repeat performance. I respect that.

Overall, a good product. Recommended.

A few reservations:

1. Due to the material requirements, this may not be something you can do immediately. If I had paid for this, I would have been a bit miffed to find out that I needed a [ s**l.

2. The basic method is David Roth's (duely credited) with an interesting ending, but I'm not certain it doesn't muddy the effect rather than improve the routine.

3. The presentation is good, but serves mainly to explain the use of the ring, which is needed for the climax. It seems a bit contrived.

Again, it is good. As part of a larger collection it might have been better. If you have the necessary item in your drawer, this is a worthy consideration for your repertoire.
tentoki
View Profile
New user
Berlin
45 Posts

Profile of tentoki
Hello John,

many thanks for your kind and honest words. I realy appreciate that especially from a guy who wrote a book about one of the most workable tear in mentalism (Barfly Billet)!

Yes, english is not my native language. So it may read a little bumpy. I will also talk to Chris that the gimmick is mentioned in the ad.
David Crown Paranormal Entertainment
www.David-Crown.de
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Danke Schoen.
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
It is a well put together routine. The handling is easy to do. The pictures are outstanding.
I like it ,and am sure everyone else will too.

magiclee
tentoki
View Profile
New user
Berlin
45 Posts

Profile of tentoki
I am glad that you like it. I am very proud of that piece and it serves me well in my performances. Just working on my manuscript "KB Force" dealing with a forgotten and underused principle in card magic. This will be finished in about 2 weeks and can be found on lybrary, too.
David Crown Paranormal Entertainment
www.David-Crown.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Bridal Curse Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL