We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Floating Card Comparisons? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
O.K. I have seen various ones advertised, but don't know which one is right for me, so how do these compare to each other

Frequent Flyer - Bob Solari's Floating Card - LiftOff - Bornstein Floating Gimmick

I have the Bornstein floating bill, which could be adapted to a card, but the other three, I do not know about. Are they all similar gimmicks? or is one vastly better than the others and why?
I'm not fishing for method, I just don't want to buy all of them to find one that suits me. I hope that makes sense.
S.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get Hover Card.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Check out Enlightenment at http://www.wowbound.com

It's coming out in May.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2008-02-16 22:08, Ben Harris wrote:
Check out Enlightenment at http://www.wowbound.com

It's coming out in May.

Cheers

Ben

How much?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Hawk.

The price will be fixed shortly.

Factory made gimmick, instruction booklet in 4 languages, 100 page book on the Floating Card Application, all boxed.

Bonus "Floating Dollar on Spectator's Knee" to be included too.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
calen
View Profile
New user
asia
24 Posts

Profile of calen
Is expecting. Smile
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
[quote]On 2008-02-17 03:08, Ben Harris wrote:
Hi Hawk.

The price will be fixed shortly.

Factory made gimmick, instruction booklet in 4 languages, 100 page book on the Floating Card Application, all boxed.

Bonus "Floating Dollar on Spectator's Knee" to be included too.

Cheers

Ben

Wouldn't it just be easier to put it on a dvd? Its cheaper on shipping.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Teenagers/you-tubers usually steer clear of books.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
"Teenagers/you-tubers usually steer clear of books."

Exactly!

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I do a floating card to end an ambitious card routine. Sometimes I just bury the card one time via a DL and then float the card. I do it with a l**p.

Even Magicians don't see it coming.

Use your imagination. You may find that you don't need anything more than this. VERY magical.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
True.
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
As previously mentioned, buy the Hover Card. It gets a great response close up or on stage, no threads, last almost forever. Relative few angles. Cannot be done surrounded but with proper body blocking you can cover most all situations.
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Nice thing about Hover card is just get the special card and have the duplicate in the deck to hand out. I have a couple different Hover cards so you don't use the same one all the time.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Hope its not another flight deck type of thingy.

Alida.... Flight Deck....

Enlightenment sure looks nice.

it'll be intresting if it beats all the previous contraptions from Ben.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2117 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Guys,

I agree fully. HOVER CARD is awesome. I use it all the time when I need to project to a larger audience.

Enlightenment is designed to play one-on-one or to a small group in intimate conditions. A huddle on the streets, a table in a restaurant, etc. Where people can TOUCH.

It can be performed surrounded and with any chosen card. The card may be examined, before, after and during, and NOTHING is added or taken away at ANY POINT. The card may be levitated from an isolated spot on the table, or from your hands, or IN THE SPECTATOR's hands. THERE IS NO CLEAN-UP.

As mentioned elsewhere, we will make a full product disclosure available by FREE download in the very near future. This will explain all you need to know, including the method, so you can make an informed decision.

An important point. Enlightnment is not JUST a Floating Card effect. The method revolutionizes a particular field of our craft. It is a paradigm shift. This is WHY we will be making a full disclosure. By doing so, people will understand that this is the basis for a whole new way of doing things. The method is going to be developed, tweaked and used in various guises for decades.

Cheers

Ben
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
I can also vouch for Hover Card being a very cool effect. It finds its way into my routine when I'm performing behind a bar or the like. It does require some audience control to perform it for a group of people that are not all directly in front of you, but the effect itself is SO easy to perform, that you can focus a lot on the performance aspect.

Ben---I've been lurking the Enlightenment thread pretty much since its conception, and man, I CANNOT wait for it. Imagine the confidence he must have in his product to disclose the full method free of charge. Amazing. I sincerely wish you the best of luck with it.

-Amadeus
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I have hover card, but I don't want a card to float witht he deck held sideways. I want the card to float up from a pack held in the hand flat or on its own from the palm of the hand.

A kind soul here contacted me about a few versions which helped a lot.

At this time, I will wait for the release of Enlightenment. It lookslike that might be exactly what I am looking for.
Thanks again guys
S.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Floating Card Comparisons? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL