We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The best dvd to learn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
What you all said is what I was trying to say but you all explained it much better than I. Thanks for the help and in elaborating what I could not say and for not pre-bashing me because I couldn't explain myself clear enough.

Respectfully,

Doc
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1914 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2008-02-18 03:08, Unknown419 wrote:
You all earned your knowledge and you're just giving it away just like that? Let any one in the future who ask search the search engines; it would show that they are really interested and that's when we help them.

Hey Doc, stop crying and help a brotha out... now getting back to topic, I personally learned my cardmoves from 2 vhs tapes called how to swim with the sharks and not get eaten alive by simon lovell...I learned underground moves like the drunk paw..etc ..

j
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Everything anybody visiting this particular forum might want to know about has already been answered in older posts.
It may be buried deeply in those old posts.....but it's here.

The standard answer to a post like the first one in this thread should simply be "read the whole forum half a dozen times and you'll find what you're looking for".

Tipping DVD's isn't the end of the world, but tipping DVD's to folks who haven't even spent the better part of a day searching the information out themselves is just helping the lame who could easily help themselves.

This should remain the "no free lunch" forum.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 00:11, iamslow wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-18 03:08, Unknown419 wrote:
You all earned your knowledge and you're just giving it away just like that? Let any one in the future who ask search the search engines; it would show that they are really interested and that's when we help them.

Hey Doc, stop crying and help a brotha out... now getting back to topic, I personally learned my cardmoves from 2 vhs tapes called how to swim with the sharks and not get eaten alive by simon lovell...I learned underground moves like the drunk paw..etc ..

j

Okay I'll help him out.

Vayron, I am appointing iamslow to help you from this point on. Please PM any questions directly to him and he will help you with whatever you need.

Thanks and Take Care

Doc
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 00:11, iamslow wrote:
I learned underground moves like the drunk paw..etc ..

Lol, nice.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
I think what it boils down to is just grab everything that you can and try to learn what you can from it.

There is no "flex course" when it comes to this stuff. There's no syllabus, no cliff notes. The reason that the more established or knowledgeable amongst the group scoff at questions like this is the same one that they, themselves, were scoffed at upon asking questions of the same nature when they were getting started: because the people who have the knowldege and have become more established worked for it and, most likely, got no handouts.

It's a lot of reading, and infinitely more study over an immeasurable time period. As alluded to by Mr. Z (who I agree with 100%), those who are truly dedicated to perfection of the art will be "at it" constantly.

But, asking what sources apply specifically to gambling-related sleight of hand isn't a major offense when compared to issuing public requests or, even worse, demands for specific information (no matter how coveted.) Committing the latter crime is a fantastic way to ostracize oneself in this relatively small world.

I see where the original poster is coming from, and I was there at one time. I quickly grew tired of reading about sleights that could be used in "routines" and that would "amaze an audience." This is one reason why I have no familiarity with magic, or performers of it, whatsoever. The solution, for me, was to seek out a professional cheat and work for him. Like anything else, I started as an apprentice and earned my information (and money.) And, yes, it annoys the hell out of me when I am asked point-blank to give information away. I just ignore it, most of the time.

But, as I said, I agree with Z. Get your nose in some books. Any books. You will either find your path, or you won't.

That's all up to you.

CC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The best dvd to learn (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL