The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Colour burn by David Forest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6999 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This effect is ridiculously magical.

For those of you who are on the fence because of the demo, the most important part of the effect, the slow motion change, is not chopped up with editing. The only parts which have cuts are the lead ins to the main effect. The slow motion change is what you are really buying here and you see that very clearly in the demo.

This is an excellent effect.

Harv, I understand what you are saying about books. But individual effects have been and are sold at all sorts of price ranges. $25 for a single effect is not a huge asking price. Especially for an effect this good.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1188 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
This has got to be one of the MOST VISUAL color changes I have EVER seen. I am having a lot of playing around with this! GREAT work Dave...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I have dreamed of a colour change that looked like that where a card melts from one colour into another. The applications for this gaff are mindbloggling.

one thing I thought of: a card is torn into pieces and burnt. A blank card is then magically printed so that the deck still remains complete. Patter? the reason bicycle supply that one blank card with every deck. oh and when they turn the pieces of the torn card over -its blank.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6999 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Do they still do that? I have never received a blank card in a normal deck of Bikes.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Cameron,

I think Mac may have been talking about presentationally. I don't think laymen would question whether or not a deck came with a blank card.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Actually down here in south africa we get 1 blank card with every deck. I have yet to find a rider back in a shop, all I ever get is league backs.

Another Idea I had was talking about marking cards. You have a spectator pick a card and then you say that you're gonna let her in on the trick. You tell her that magicians put a secret mark on the card.."just a tiny red mark that you can bearly see" that's when you colour change the card.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I stand corrected.
do magic

www.8bom.net
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I wish we would get a blank card with every deck here in the U.S.
Instead of the Texas Hold'em Rules cards..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I wish rider backs where more common place as there are so many gaffs and gmmicks I cant use.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 13:07, evolve629 wrote:
I wish we would get a blank card with every deck here in the U.S.
Instead of the Texas Hold'em Rules cards..

Gotta go with what the marketing department says Smile
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Beautiful, clever, practical and highly magical in appearance. Probably the first "instant download" that's actually exceeded (never mind met) my expectations. This WILL go into my repertoire.

Gaff takes moments to construct and will last pretty much forever.
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sounds great
Cards never lie
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Another *Great* effect by David Forrest! I really like the way this guy thinks!

Enjoy!

** Bill **
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2008-02-18 06:48, Marc Frese wrote:
I have this now!!!
I LOVE it!!!!
10/10!!!

Gimmick is very very easy to make.

Highly recommended.

Shhhhhhh..... Not much to look at here people, move along... go download some other effect by that genius David Forest... leave this one to us.

In the meantime, I'm having a little trouble when I'm doing the color change. With my grip the card is coming off a bit 'crooked.' Hopefully, that makes sense without giving anything away.

I'd appreciate a pm from anyone else who has had and resolved this problem... maybe I just have a "death grip" on the pack! Smile
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
This is really cool. Just downloaded, made the special something, and getting ready to practice.

Sweet stuff.

John
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Let us know how you like it John

Don
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
For anyone who has this, does the download come with written instructions as well?

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 09:04, motown wrote:
For anyone who has this, does the download come with written instructions as well?

Craig

Hi
Craig

No, there are no written instructions!
Everything is explained in the video.

I already had a lot of fun with CB!

The idea is soooo easy ! But GOOD!
And, nevertheless, the trick looks great!

Angle are OK!
And a little bit practice Is assumed.
I like CB!
And I am glad that I have CB!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Marc!
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2482 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ill Put my hand up here. This one fooled the hell out of me. Fantastic work as always dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Colour burn by David Forest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL