The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion concept (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic559
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of magic559
Hi All,

I've been thinking about a rough illusion concept and was wondering if anything related to this was out there...

Basically I want to add a romantic piece to my show. Its one of those pieces where the music playing is along the lines of "she is the one for me...". The concept I want to use is a drawing of the girl becoming a reality. Aside from that, I'm open to suggestion.

I don't have a sketch size in mind, so it could be life size in theory if I wanted to do an artist's dream or something like that. I have only seen artist's dream done fast, do you think the illusion is suitable to be done slow and romatically?

For a smaller sketch pad size would blamo work? How could I incorporate a drawing into the blamo box?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brian
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Well, I don´t see any problems performing Artist´s Dream (or Daydream by J.Steinmeyer-recommended) romantically. However right now a romantic "slow" illusion with the elements you described is in fact being built.

Of course it all comes down to your presentation. If you want to work with really innovative and great guys, contact Adamant Design & Fabrication or Michelangelo Magic Works.
Sent from my Typewriter
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Check out Illusionworks 2 which describes several methods for the production of a woman out of a mirror.

This could be adapted to the life size frame that you are wanting. A stretch of white lycra in the frame and either a spray paint (see Nicholas Knight) or a projection of the woman on the lycra which would change to the real woman.

A simple "m****r b*x" would do the trick too with the frame on top.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
magic559
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of magic559
I Just ran a couple of searches and didn't have any builders turn up that listed Artist's Dream as one of their standard illusions.

Does anyone have this illusion? Could anyone reccomend a builder?

Thanks,
Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion concept (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL