The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Unfamiliar cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
I perform for annually a large cocktail party where company's smooze. This year my sponsor has requested that I have cards printed with their logo. The cards have come through and are not easy to handle for slight of hand (bridge size and thick). My compromise was that I would use them for only one or two effects and contrive to have signed cards left with spectators (to spread the advertising).

I will prob do paperclipped or something similar.

What effects would you guys do with these cards? Needs to be easy handling if not slight free.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Out Of THis World. Tie in the company's message with the presentation and they'll fall in love with you.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
Yes - that's an effect that is often requested. and the logo is in focus as the cards are delt by a punter! Excellent suggestion.
--Albert Einstein
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Boris Wild has a nice 3 Card Monte with an odd backer as the kicker. He uses a card with company info, at corporate events, to drive home the message to great success. I'm pretty sure they're in his lecture notes.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Playing cards or business cards?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
Playing cards. I've got loads of them and have no need for them after the gig so using them as give aways would be ideal.

I do a multiple signed card to wallet that may be doable with these cards and hand them out as souvenirs.

the cards are horrible to handle (there plastic coated) so something simple and stress free would be ideal.
--Albert Einstein
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Signed "ambitious card" then add "to:" above their name and sign your name underneath it!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My god card in wallet, card under tablecloth, or any of the Schulien stuff.

I don't think complicated card work is necessary in the first place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
Thanks guys you've helped me get over my initial panic of being separated from the old familiar bycicles.
--Albert Einstein
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Good.

Remember your cards are simply a too. YOU are the craftsman! (I meant that as a compliment by the way)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Actually, I have a suggestion for a routine that requires no sleights at all - if you can deal, you can do it.

PM for details
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If they made the decks with the logo going one direction you can have a nice lil' deck to do some mentalism with.
alondon
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of alondon
Do the "Color Monte" routine and have the special card appear as the kicker.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Gemini Twins (Fulves, not Bro. John) but have two spectators find each other's cards as described in Pete McCabe's Scripting Magic book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Unfamiliar cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL