The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17029 Posts

Profile of joseph
..and probably way better in person... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Looks fantastic.
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
I wonder how this compares to Theory 11's new bill switch! This is so visual, I don't know if T11 can beat it!!!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-02-24 11:52, Eric Simmatis wrote:
I wonder how this compares to Theory 11's new bill switch! This is so visual, I don't know if T11 can beat it!!!

What's the scoop of this new bill switch by T11? Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Quote:
On 2008-02-24 11:57, evolve629 wrote:
Quote:

What's the scoop of this new bill switch by T11? Smile

Well all we know is it is a very visual bill switch that I think uses 4 or 5 bills.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3255 Posts

Profile of warren
Wow I couldn't resist ordering this even though I only picked up slow burn a couple of weeks ago.
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
243 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
Amazing.... I didn't think slow burn could get any better....
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Quote:

I agree. Extreme Burn looks just so darn visual I don't see how anything can really beat it on that level.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of samdan
Anyone know the difficulty level yet?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
I don't want to be the guy who starts a whole chain of questions. So if the answer isn't clearly yes, a PM will do. I'm, of course, curious if the bills can be handed out after the change. It's an amazing effect either way, but as a casual performer in only casual performing envrionments, I probably wouldn't have a good use for it if the transformed bills weren't examinable. Either way, looks like another winner from Ricard Sanders.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe "Extreme Burn" is just another handling for the Pat Page bill gimmick also used in "Slow Burn," "Hundy 500," and "Heiny 500." That means that no, all the bills can't be handed out.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2772 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree it's Slowburn with a gimmick built in to make the visual change . The way it looks the last packet contains the gimmick with bills, just my guess here .
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Why hand out money anyways? Smile
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2772 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Especially all 20's , I never understood why magicians ask if you can hand it out WHY ... the trick is over move on to the next demonstration .
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Of course, since the DVD isn't released yet... all of the "this is what it is..." are guesses and suggestions. Possibly correct but still.

But dang, looks good.

RevJohn
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Dear god, how many versions of Pat Page's "Easy Money" do we have to have? What is so great or new about this? No funny moves? It looked awkward to me...twisty, turny, slappy hand. Frankly, I thought the changes were shifty and un-natural in comparison with Heiny 500, which is much smoother.

Just one more version too many. I guess people have a lot of money to burn on single effect DVD's that make minor alterations to already proven effects. In my opinion this is not an improvement at all. Just another handling.

I'll pass on this.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 04:36, tdowell wrote:
Dear god, how many versions of Pat Page's "Easy Money" do we have to have? What is so great or new about this? No funny moves? It looked awkward to me...twisty, turny, slappy hand. Frankly, I thought the changes were shifty and un-natural in comparison with Heiny 500, which is much smoother.

Just one more version too many. I guess people have a lot of money to burn on single effect DVD's that make minor alterations to already proven effects. In my opinion this is not an improvement at all. Just another handling.

I'll pass on this.

I agree that Heiny 500 is a lot smoother, but for me I like this because one second you see ones and in that split second it's like a smack in the face change into 20s. Just my opinion though.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1034 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I love the looks of it, as it is great eye candy.
Richard Sanders is so creative.

For now, I'm still doing hundy. Love it.
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2075 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi tdowell,

Interesting observations. I watched the the Extreme Burn demo and thought the changes were quite smooth. I liked some of the changes better than others, but I didn't get the impression that any of the moves were "awkward," "shifty," or "un-natural."

Regards, Steve
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 00:13, tophatter wrote:
Especially all 20's , I never understood why magicians ask if you can hand it out WHY ... the trick is over move on to the next demonstration .

As a formal presentation, absolutely. Unfortunately casual presentation (the form the majority of us here would engage in) is a diffierent beast. I've talked a lot about this here. With 20 years, and 1000s of casual performances (dozens of formal ones) under my belt. I feel I'm qualified to say this. Much more often than not, performing for family, co-workers and friends, requires tighter cleaner handlings. Of course we can all put the gimmicked money or prop away and move on to the next demonstration. But for casual presentations, more often than not, it just wouldn't be natural. It would, however, be natural for a friend to strongly verbalize that he wants to see the money. Why wouldn't he? Clearly to each their own. But I feel there's generally a clean line of demarcation that separates the "formal" magician's effect from the "casual" everyday guy's effect. And for me, if you have to immediately pocket an item that your friends would unquestionably like to examine, it's not an ideal "casual' item.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL