The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
Ya the sound quality in the beginning is garbage then after the first phase the quality goes up. Great piece of magic.
topandball
View Profile
Regular user
New England
132 Posts

Profile of topandball
Quote:
On 2008-03-15 20:26, daffydoug wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 23:23, closeupinventor wrote:
Man, I have to agree. I don't own extreme burn (I own slow burn) but it looks ten times better than phrophet. "The most insane visual bill change yet released." Hmm... I would have to say the wrist kill literally kills the moment compared to extreme burn.

Extreme burn is right out in the open, no BS. Prophet doesn't look like you can do the same.

Since this is just a teaser maybe there is more to it?? Maybe...

I also watched the video...he said "Instantly they see a change" (meaning in a split second, I assume?)

Well, that's pretty hypey, because Sander's effect could also boast "Instantly they see a change"

So, so far, I don't see anywhere that this is light years ahead of "Extreme Burn".

And the Sanders video demo showed a lot more variety in the way you can effect the change...this only shows one! That's a little sparse!

Hopefully Theory11 will come out with a better demo video. I've seen Tom do this trick in person, and I feel there are two points that make it really great. The first is the actual change, one version of which can be seen in the teaser and creates a very nice effect. There is also a change he did holding the hand and bills absolutely still, and there is no cover to speak of (just snapping the fingers of the right hand in front of the bills). The first six or eight times I saw it, I found myself entertaining fanciful thoughts of springs and elastic pulls. I just couldn't figure out how he got the bills to change so quickly that I couldn't see it, even without cover. As far as that change goes, in person it looked better than anything I saw on the demo video for Extreme Burn.

The second point is in the handling leading up to the change. No fumbling and no extra movements. He doesn't do much of anything at all, and he's ready to go. Clean handling is an understatement in my opinion. It's one thing to create a beautiful visual change to show on a teaser video; it's another thing entirely to have a practical, clean, and deceptive handling to get into and out of the actual change. Tom definitely succeeded on both counts with Prophet.

-B
"Gamblin' Sam from Birmingham, I learned this game in Vietnam"
R.I.P. Haynes, the ORIGINAL "Gamblin' Sam"
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of cbmar
I should be receiving "Extreme Burn" in a couple of days, but I already know how to assemble the bills for Hundy 500. Should I wait, or does the "something extra" I'll be receiving not figure into this set up? (I ask because I'm building the gimmick w/ $2 bills, and even though they wont get ruined by setting up the H500, I'd rather not risk tearing them if I'm going to have to pull stuff apart in order to use the Extreme Burn I'll be getting soon. Know what I mean?)
JAWS67
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of JAWS67
Greetings, gang. I guess I'm what you'd call a lurker on these forums- don't post much(I'm not a pro, more like an enthusiastic hobbyist, so what do I know?)

I have Extreme Burn, and all I can say is wow. If you are even just a little curious about this kind of effect, the DVD is a worthwhile purchase. Extreme(ly) well though out, and loaded with tips, tricks, and multiple variations on the handling. Even some great patter lines. I'd even suggest that it's unfair to call this a 'one-trick DVD.'

Regarding 'PROPHET':

It's been years since I've attended highschool, so perhaps I'm not T11's intended audience. That being said:

1. I am a little(a lot, actually) weary of these overproduced, hyperkinetic style demo trailers that are 99% special effects/audience reaction shots and 1% performance of the actual trick. If your effect is that good, show a performance standing behind a table in front of an L&L-style minimalist background. I'm buying magic tricks, not Adobe Premier CS3.

2. The actual Prophet effect doesn't look too great, in my opinion. Especially if that's the only version on the disc. Is it? If so, I can't imagine it being that great of a value (besides, as someone else mentioned- you could probably work out a similar version using EB.)

Just my thoughts- again, I'm not a professional, so what do I know?.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of samdan
JAWS67,
What is the difficult level of extreme burn? Don't mind practice but not good with the sleights as am a hobbyist like you. Thanks for your input.
JAWS67
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of JAWS67
Samdan,
Not terribly difficult, but like anything else, you should probably do it several hundred times in front of t a mirror to get the muscle memory down. It's a great effect, well worth the time it takes to do it well. Hope that helps.
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Hi All,
Got my Extreme Burn dvd.
Wow, this has got to be the trick of the year. Richard really goes into depth on this one. Made it from old magazines into English money. Works awsome.
Really pleased with this.
Loved all the different presentations Richard gives on this dvd. An extremely well thought out piece of magic.
You will use this one.
10 outa 10.
Enjoy........................................................................
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
Yeah, the general concept (not sure who's responsible for it) is almost perfect. It's incredibly well thought about and almost mindblowing in its simplicity. That said, I do feel you have to be very careful with your angles. Truth be told, regardless of how careful you are, there will always be a flash or two you simply can't avoid. I guess you just have to hope nobody's burning you too hard. Am I missing something or is that simply the case with this one?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2075 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Platt,

The angles are better for some of the changes than others. A couple could probably even be done surrounded.

Regards, Steve
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1870 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-03-17 19:54, yachanin wrote:
Hi Platt,

The angles are better for some of the changes than others. A couple could probably even be done surrounded.

Regards, Steve

Yeah, I see what you're saying. But even the get ready, and the spreading of the bills leaves the sides and back of the stack vulnerable to hawk eyes. I'm not trying to pick this effect apart. It's brilliant. Just calling out the issues.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This does look incredible for sure.

The angles on HUNDY 500 are excellent and I never had a problem with flashing.

I will eventually try this as the change just looks so over the top amazing.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Mine FINALLY arrived from Hank Lee, and it was worth every second of the wait! Man, Richard had my mouth watering with all the juicy variations of the change he shared on the DVD!

For the money, this is an excellent value! no matter who you are, or what your performing conditions or preferences, you are SURE to find three of four changes on the DVd that you will like!

His last one, the "underground change" is truly saving the best for last! In that one, what he says about "it just changes" really lives up to his words.

Actually several of the changes live up to that promise, but the underground change is outstanding.

I'm pretty much putting all my other bill changes out to pasture after viewing this DVD. It really is THAT GOOD. Kudos Richard!

I am going to the bank tomorrow to do a little withdrawal, and build this, and I am positive I will be performing it for the rest of my life.

If you have ordered and have one on the way, man, you're in for a lifetime of fun!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
I found this video on youtube. Looks like Tom????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnuO6LWCCHs
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Tom's Prophet looks good, but it's really similar to Extreme Burn too. I think both will be worthwhile products, but in this case, Theory11 was a bit slower to market and lost a good amount of sales from that. Either way, I don't think people will lose going with either Extreme Burn or Prophet.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2119 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Quote:
On 2008-03-17 23:38, Sir Pharaul wrote:
I found this video on youtube. Looks like Tom????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnuO6LWCCHs

This looks worlds better than what T11 posted on their site. Pretty intriguing...
Kevin Reylek
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hey Kevin,

Agreed, it looks a lot better. After the first demo, I went ahead and ordered "Extreme Burn," though, which I'm sure I'll like although I will admit that now I am wondering if "Prophet" has something "Extreme Burn" doesn't. As Platt says in a post above, you always want what you can't have.

I'm sure T11 will be hurt by being slow on this, and maybe it will push them to do better demos for their effects in the future.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6965 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
If that's Prophet, there is a handling on Extreme Burn which looks exactly the same except Richard doesn't snap over the bills. The Underground Handling. There differences are minor. People who own this can back me up on that.

Plus there are a number of other really excellent handlings on the Extreme Burn dvd.

I don't know this for a fact but it looks like Tom might have independently created the same thing. That said, Richard's came out first and is ridiculously comprehensive. If it is the same method, this is going to be an issue.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
After viewing this new video, I too am 99.9% convinced he created the same thing..
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
That video sure looks like the Prophet demo.

Actually, I still think the Underground handling from Extreme Burn is a bit better (from what I've seen so far)-- there's no need for a wrist kill/ thumb movement or any snap of the right fingers for cover (if that's what's being done). Too bad Sanders didn't put the Underground handling on his demo... though I imagine someone will eventually put themselves doing it on YouTube Smile.

- Frank
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
To me it looks liek an independant creation of the same thing. Im still rocking the underground handling.

ALan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL