The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..28~29~30 [Next]
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
Quote:
Slow Burn gimmick is Richards. The Easy Money part of the gimmicks is not. He's making a lot more sense then you.

PM how Richard's Slow Burn gimmick differs from Pat Page's.

Josh,

The Slow Burn is Richard's and the Easy Money part is Pat's??? There is only one gimmick, what are you talking about?
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Just picked up my copy of EB tonight. It's everything I expected and more. It just doesn't get much more visual than that.....

I give Richard a "10" for putting out a great product.

Dave
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
With all the changes and the detail he included on the DVD, I concur. He really held nothing back. And the underground change was the icing on the cake.

Richard sets an example here for others to follow. This is what we want and expect when we plunk down hard earned cash for a DVD. In other words, value for our money; quality.

Ammar set an excellent example in his L&L Easy To Master Card Miracle videos. Remember how he made sure to include a bonus effect with each tape? To me, that demonstrated real class.

Richard is following in the same boat. I have zero complaints about this DVD. In fact, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
If you work for lay people and NOT magicians, it all goes back, that they pretty much look the same in the eyes of the spectator. Like how many double lifts do you need? And torn and restored is torn and restored, to a lay audience. If the final effect looks the same, it does not matter how you do it.

So do the method you are most comfortable with and don't worry what other magicians are doing. See what your lay audience thinks.
This would probably involve buying all of the methods.
But thanks to this forum, hopefully we can make a decision which will work the best for us.

Is the latest the greatest?

So far most posters think so.

I've performed Pat pages original version a lot. I just got Heiny and have not had the time to put it together yet. This new one(extreme burn) seems interesting. After I pay off some major purchases, I might get it. But I have not even worked on Heiny yet, And I think I would get the same reaction from a lay audience.

After all, I have 6 different arm choppers, and they all do the same thing.
And about 11 chick, dove,& duck pans.
And many more duplicates.

I just like one of everything.

ACE
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks for the heads up, Chris. I'm gonna' head over to the Prophet Ranch and see what's shakin'.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-03-20 00:48, Acecardician wrote:
If you work for lay people and NOT magicians, it all goes back, that they pretty much look the same in the eyes of the spectator.

So do the method you are most comfortable with and don't worry what other magicians are doing. See what your lay audience thinks.

ACE

Amen.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Bills of differing colours:

If your currency is different colours, and you have problems with the different colours flashing during the performance of Extreme Burn, I have a solution. PM me for details.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Count the bills back toward you before & after the change this will cover the gimmick entirely .As you count just slide them back a little & show both sides the visual change is incredible !!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I am quite happy, "tickled pink", in fact, with my "Extreme Burn"
cbmar
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of cbmar
A note to those people who alter the construction of the gimmick so that the faces of one bill change into the faces of another (rather than the backs of one bill turning into the face of another)...

Avoid making the mistake I did, and remember that you'll also want to alter the placement of that "special something". Otherwise, you'll end up w/ backs turning into backs. (Which isn't horrible, but faces to faces will look so much better. Know what I mean?)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Richard is the ultimate worker ( OK, Bob Sheets may own that title;-)

I LOVE Slow Burn by Richard and am looking forward to his new offering!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-20 23:21, cbmar wrote:
A note to those people who alter the construction of the gimmick so that the faces of one bill change into the faces of another (rather than the backs of one bill turning into the face of another)...

Avoid making the mistake I did, and remember that you'll also want to alter the placement of that "special something". Otherwise, you'll end up w/ backs turning into backs. (Which isn't horrible, but faces to faces will look so much better. Know what I mean?)

It's kind of a mystery why Richard didn't so it this way himself.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Chris you will love Extreme Burn I put the gimmick together last night , took it to work today for a test drive . I showed it to a few people they went nuts ! the best change is the flicker , this is the finale change richard does in the demo.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think the underground is the best one...but their's no accounting for taste, I suppose.

One thing I did notice is that after you put together your gimmick, you need to use it a while before it breaks in and becomes loose. At least, that was my experience.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree Daffy it breaks in nicely after doing about 100 times in every mirror in the house lol! This is just insane so much fun to do . I made it up in 1's to 5's but this is worth going to 20's it's just that good !
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of magichoka
I have a little problem ,may be I use some new bills. I hope it will break in after 100 times or more.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 02:23, tophatter wrote:
I agree Daffy it breaks in nicely after doing about 100 times in every mirror in the house lol! This is just insane so much fun to do . I made it up in 1's to 5's but this is worth going to 20's it's just that good !

Really. When you think about it, I suppose that is the only thing Richard didn't mention in the DVD. (About breaking in.)

But that's alright. Considering the plethora of information that he shares with us, I think we can let that little oversight slide!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I also found it needed to be "broken in." It didn't take that long, however; maybe since my bills weren't brand new. I also "worked" the bills a bit, holding them at each end and moving them in a wave-like fashion.

Regards, Steve
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
IMO some of the changes will not work as easily with brand new bills, they're just too stiff. Good looking used bills work almost perfectly on the first try.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I've used mine so much the bills are looking quite "used". All of the people I've shown this to don't even notice the condition of the bills, they just freak out that they changed. Worn as it may be, the gimmick is still working great.

IMHO Extreme Burn is one VERY powerful effect.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL