The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..28~29~30 [Next]
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Ordered mine, should be here this mornign cant wait!!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Just to let everyone know, the Underground Change looks even better if you are watching directly above the bills. There is no cover whatsoever.
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
My brain hurts from trying to figure this out, what's really annoying is that once ive bought it with the little money I have I will be kicking myself with the secret...i know this is going to happen... I just have to except it...bite the bullet... and order what will be probably be the most visual piece of magic with bills I own

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You are correct. You will indeed kick yourself. So darn simple it hurts...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Mr Sanders,

Please check your PM inbox. I've sent you a PM regarding an unreceived order.

Thank you
Alvin
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
"For cryin out loud, how many versions of this effect do we need???"

That was my first response when I read about "extreme Burn".... I was determined to hold out on this one...as I already have a couple different versions and they have served me VERY WELL...But I like many of you I suspect just had to know....and man o man am I glad I made this investment!!!!

Extreme Burn is truly some amazing thinking and I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. Richard offers so many "changes" I am having a difficult time figuring out which I like best as they are all that good! In addition they are all easy to perform. When you see the result via a demo you would figure there would have to be some fancy sleights involved in at least some of these terrific changes...but NO.

Even though as I mentioned I have performed at least a couple different versions of this amazing effect....I guess there is always room for improvement and in my opinion Richard has added that little something to take a bill change from a great trick to an amazing miracle. Just my 2 cents worth...

Best,

Bobby
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Bobbyk,

This thing is getting nothing but high marks..sterling reviews from all who purchase. It's pretty much unanimous. This thing rocks!

If somebody ever does come along and say it stinks, I would be forced to conclude that this is a person who is impossible to please!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I use $1.00 to $2.00 bills with Slow Burn and its eyepopping. The 2's are sooo different looking.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Has anyone given any thought as to how to weave this effect into a full thematic routine? Yes, it certainly stands on it's own merit, but for those with higher ambitions, what other effects would you combine it with to create a rounded routine, let's say, for example in a stand up act or a TV spot?

My first thoughts are that it would weave in nicely with Mike Bornstein's "Polaroid Money Outdone", and Jahn Gallo's "Osaka Bills" routine. Most of the other bill packet changes on the market would be too similar to combine it with. The two I mentioned woud make nice contrast, while still keeping in theme.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'm combining it with a PENetration effect and a Portrait Restored. This moves the intial change into a reason to be left with one loose bill for the penetration and cuts off any requests for inspection.

I don't rmember the actual name of the Portrait Restored...it's where I tear out the George Washington portrait and snap the bill for a restore. Anybody know the real name?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4729 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Congrat's Richard on another sure-fire winner. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
ChrisK
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ChrisK
I don't usually do bills/coins/money for that matter. When I saw this, couldn't help but get it. Added some variety, and excellent variety at that!

ChrisK
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
Performed this last night at a high end club in Hollywood. Did the $1 to $100 with the under ground change surrounded. I used the changed bills to pay for a bottle of champagne and of course all of the girls went crazy for it. I will definitely be making a $1 to $20 version to pay for every day things.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 18:40, Doug Higley wrote:
I'm combining it with a PENetration effect and a Portrait Restored. This moves the intial change into a reason to be left with one loose bill for the penetration and cuts off any requests for inspection.

I don't rmember the actual name of the Portrait Restored...it's where I tear out the George Washington portrait and snap the bill for a restore. Anybody know the real name?

Doug, you might be referring to "Dining on Dollars" by Rick Johnson.

Daff

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 4:01pm
I finally did it. I went through all my old bill packet change gimmicks last night and peeled the real cash away from the gimmicks. Dollarama, Foreign Exchange, Hundy 500, the whole enchilada. They all had to go. I don't need them anymore. Richard's version leaves them all in the dust. They are all now woefully obsolete.

I stuck the real dough back in my wallet, and serendipity! I got most of my money back that I payed for Richard's effect!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
First of all I like Richards effects but I am not happy with the realtime video shown.

Question about Video. "No fancy cuts or edits."

While this appears true by the words used there is definitely some shall we say "framing" problems. The bills disappear from view briefly during what appears to be the setup move and secondly when the bills change there is an obvious zoom-in that does not let you see the entire change. Later on it happens again.

I did see some versions in the demo that to me packed more punch then the main one shown that looked cleaner, but they did not show the whole effect.

So, to those that have this already does the setup folding have to be hid or is just simple misdirection required?

Second, on the actual change does anyone pick up the move as it is not shown properly on the demo? (I like the changes better that do not reverse the bill's view.)

Again, I am being nit-picky, but video demos are one of my pet peeves. Why do so many seem to leave out something important to the effect in some way or another?

Even with what I have notated it would seem Richard has another winner, from the reviews already posted.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
There is no real misdirection needed, they can burn you during the whole trick if they want.
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
I too was a slight bit skeptical with the demo video, but I decided to take a leap of faith and got it. Let me assure you that I wasn't mislead in the least.

Even now in my own hands, some of the changes simply look like trick photography.

It's one of THE most well thought out products I've personally ever come across.

Long gone is my Hundy gimmick......Long live EB!!!! Richard really batted one out of the park with this one.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Please believe me I am NOT saying that anyone is being mislead, just wanted to know what effect if any the two "framing" issues has on the effect when done in person.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 17:42, James Adamson wrote:

Second, on the actual change does anyone pick up the move as it is not shown properly on the demo? (I like the changes better that do not reverse the bill's view.)

There are slow ways to do the change, where you could get caught. Richard addresses this in the DVD. There are some angle-proof ways, where you can do it as slow as you want, and not get caught. But the power of this illusion is the split-second change. It looks like a special effect. It looks like real magic.

As far as the orientation of the bills, if you follow the DVD instructions, Extreme Burn switches fronts to backs. But after a little thought, and making a test mockup (with paper clips and tape) of the gimmick, I was able to construct one that correctly changes faces to faces. I now realize, after making my third gimmick, that you can orient the bills any way you want: faces to faces, backs to backs, right-facing to right-facing, or left-facing to left-facing.

Once you have made the gimmick once, and practiced the trick, you have an understanding of the workings. With that, you can construct the gimmick in any orientation you wish.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2008-03-23 17:42, James Adamson wrote:
First of all I like Richards effects but I am not happy with the realtime video shown.

Question about Video. "No fancy cuts or edits."

While this appears true by the words used there is definitely some shall we say "framing" problems. The bills disappear from view briefly during what appears to be the setup move and secondly when the bills change there is an obvious zoom-in that does not let you see the entire change. Later on it happens again.

I did see some versions in the demo that to me packed more punch then the main one shown that looked cleaner, but they did not show the whole effect.

So, to those that have this already does the setup folding have to be hid or is just simple misdirection required?

Again, I am being nit-picky, but video demos are one of my pet peeves. Why do so many seem to leave out something important to the effect in some way or another?

Even with what I have notated it would seem Richard has another winner, from the reviews already posted.

I'm not sure what you mean. He does the set-up move multiple times and I didn't see it fall out of frame once. You can burn the move all you want and there's nothing to see. As someone mentioned, if you are surrounded you need to be a little more careful, but Sanders addresses this in the DVD. The only problem (not unique to EB) is there's not much motivation to do the get-ready. That's where scripting / off-beat / etc. should be used. (Prophet's demo handles this nicely, as there is a need to turn to the side and the larger action of the body turning helps cover the get-ready.)

Regarding the "zoom"-- are you referring to when Sanders shows the bills closer to the camera (there's no camera zoom that I can tell)? You actually do see the entire change(s) on the demo. I've seen bad demos before, but this is not one of them.

- Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL