The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good ol' rubber cement...the magicians best friend!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 18:19, Dan Watkins wrote:
...I have found that if you don't let them fully dry, you can put them together and if they don't line up perfectly, you can slightly slide the bills over each other when the cement is still wet...

Wow, what a great idea. I'm going to try it next time I reconstruct my gimmick. I actually have a very complicated method of insuring the bills are lined up. I place a blank sheet of typing paper between the bills, leaving just a small top and right margin showing. I line up the opposite end of the bills first (non-cemented end). Once it is true, I line up the opposite corner. Then I begin pressing around the edges as I slowly begin pulling the typing paper out from between them. I'm able to perfectly line them up this way.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Visualizing what you just described, and can see that it would indeed work!
cmeyers
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cmeyers
Anyone having trouble with the larger bills sticking out too far when doing the count on the smaller bills? To cover this, I have been facing the larger bills towards me, but it is much more natural to count out the bills the other way. Any suggestions?
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Well, I finally made my gimmick and after playing around with it for a couple of hours I noticed that the magazine clippings stick a bit out after the change. They are towards me but I think it will flash for people when I do it.

I will deconstruct the gimmick and make it with American money, maybe the tiny flash is than solved.

CMeyers, what do you mean with larger bills and smaller bills? I thought they all had to be the same size? Or do you mean the value of the bills?
cmeyers
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of cmeyers
Yeah, value. I use $1s and $20s. Due to the construction of the gimmick bills, and the folding of the regular $20s, the hidden money sticks out.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
You can always cut the ends down with a small paper cutter. Just don't completely trim the bill that's folded off-center.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
There will always be bills sticking out just a little bit. No way around that.

The key is the handling method throughout the routine to hide the stack which should not be seen.

It does help if you use 4 bills instead of 5 though.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Because our Canadian bills are different colors, I routinely trim my bills to keep them from flashing. I don't trim them any smaller than the gimmick. I trim them to exactly the same size as the gimmick. Because of the nature of nested, folded bills, the inner bills stick out more. I fold all my bills, then trim the folded packet to a justified line. Only about 1 mm. For the specially folded bill, just realign the edges temporarily, then make your 1 mm cut.
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 20:48, dreamadream99 wrote:
Because our Canadian bills are different colors, I routinely trim my bills to keep them from flashing. I don't trim them any smaller than the gimmick. I trim them to exactly the same size as the gimmick. Because of the nature of nested, folded bills, the inner bills stick out more. I fold all my bills, then trim the folded packet to a justified line. Only about 1 mm. For the specially folded bill, just realign the edges temporarily, then make your 1 mm cut.

Do you trim them when they are folded the other way around?

MagoStevo
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5260 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 10:44, Larry Davidson wrote:
I've developed a routine that combines Extreme Burn with Larry West's Bill Counting Trick. I'll share my routine with those who PM me and can answer a question about the West effect, and if you don't know that effect, I strongly suggest that you learn it, it's a classic!

Larry

For those who have asked me, the Larry West routine that I'm referring to above can be found on Volume Three of Doc Eason's Bar Magic 3-DVD set.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
This is one amazing effect! I have done most of these bill changes I guess...But even so, I couldn't be happier that I purchased this!

You really shouldn't pass this up... This is one super strong piece of Magic!

Best,
Bk
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
Recieved my Extreme Burn this weekend. Set-up, practice....I see all sorts of opportunities. My initial set-up is a $1 to $5, 4 bills. The new US $5 dollar bills are very visible (large 5 on the lower right corner of back). Change these ones to a 20? = $5 x 4 <grin>. My next set-up will be $1 to $20. Richard created a remarkable product, a DVD with clear instructions and plenty of variations to make this magic your own. cheaha bill
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 23:08, bobbyk wrote:
This is one amazing effect! I have done most of these bill changes I guess...But even so, I couldn't be happier that I purchased this!

You really shouldn't pass this up... This is one super strong piece of Magic!

Best,
Bk

Again, it's pretty much unanimous...EB rocks!
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
I got EB yesterday and watched the DVD last night. This is really, really awesome. I was scared that some of the nine changes would be filler material, but they are all pretty good. I can't wait to go to the bank later today and get some nice crisp bills.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 04:36, tdowell wrote:
Dear god, how many versions of Pat Page's "Easy Money" do we have to have? What is so great or new about this? No funny moves? It looked awkward to me...twisty, turny, slappy hand. Frankly, I thought the changes were shifty and un-natural in comparison with Heiny 500, which is much smoother.

Just one more version too many. I guess people have a lot of money to burn on single effect DVD's that make minor alterations to already proven effects. In my opinion this is not an improvement at all. Just another handling.

I'll pass on this.

I would have to disagree with you my friend. Smile

The greatest magic a magician can possibly perform for his/her specs is "in your face" visual, that's what magic is all about, there is no debating this. This effect has a much stronger visual impact to it's performance than any I have seen or ever owned (Yes , I own Hundy). I have never been so impressed with a bill change before, it really blew me away watching the Demo. What I loved about it is there are so many different variables to the effect, you can perform it which ever way you want.

I understand where your coming from, but from what I see in your post, is a magician thinking to much like magician. You say it's not as smooth as Hundy? I see nothing "Not smooth" about it?! Suspicion within this effect is ZERO in a layman's eye's, they see front and back, and then "Boom", the bills change right before there eye's (without touching them, unlike other effects of this kind)!

With Hundy 500, I feel $100 are necessary to get the full impact; with Extreme Burn, the visual change is so powerful, I would have no problem, and feel totally comfortable using any size bill. The visual change is that strong.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 10:44, Larry Davidson wrote:
I've developed a routine that combines Extreme Burn with Larry West's Bill Counting Trick. I'll share my routine with those who PM me and can answer a question about the West effect, and if you don't know that effect, I strongly suggest that you learn it, it's a classic!

Larry

Folks, take Larry up on his generous offer, because his routine makes sense of the bills changing and is diabolical.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 12:05, Piz wrote:
Quote:
Dear god, how many versions of Pat Page's "Easy Money" do we have to have? What is so great or new about this? No funny moves? It looked awkward to me...twisty, turny, slappy hand. Frankly, I thought the changes were shifty and un-natural in comparison with Heiny 500, which is much smoother.

Just one more version too many. I guess people have a lot of money to burn on single effect DVD's that make minor alterations to already proven effects. In my opinion this is not an improvement at all. Just another handling.

I'll pass on this.

The greatest magic a magician can possibly perform for his/her specs is "in your face" visual, that's what magic is all about, there is no debating this. This effect has a much stronger visual impact to it's performance than any I have seen or ever owned (Yes , I own Hundy). I have never been so impressed with a bill change before, it really blew me away watching the Demo. What I loved about it is there are so many different variables to the effect, you can perform it which ever way you want.

I understand where your coming from, but from what I see in your post, is a magician thinking to much like magician. You say it's not as smooth as Hundy? I see nothing "Not smooth" about it?! Suspicion within this effect is ZERO in a layman's eye's, they see front and back, and then "Boom", the bills change right before there eye's (without touching them, unlike other effects of this kind)!

With Hundy 500, I feel $100 are necessary to get the full impact; with Extreme Burn, the visual change is so powerful, I would have no problem, and feel totally comfortable using any size bill. The visual change is that strong.

Amen brotha! Couldn't have said it better myself!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2008-04-09 12:05, Piz wrote:
Quote:

I'll pass on this.

I think you are mistaking Heiny 500 with Hundy 500. Also, Heiny 500 is smooth, but not nearly as visual. No cover, no folding, the bills just change in Extreme Burn. I have ALL the versions of "EZ Money", and I mean ALL, and Extreme Burn is the best bill change to date.

P.S. Richard is one hell of a guy. A week or two ago he sent me a Youtube message and thanked me for promoting Extreme Burn on the web. He said he would send me some extra stuff, and he did! I just got the package today. He sent me six, yes SIX, extra Extreme Burn gimmicks. He sent me his Royal Stab and 10, which both are wonderful. Wait, there's more! He sent me his Fiber Optics Extended, which I haven't watched yet, but I'm sure it's great. THANKS RICHARD!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I noticed that you should indeed use very crisp bills. I played around with older ones and noticed that the l.. (although folded very well) didn't hold very long because the bill was not crisp enough. Breaking the bills in will occur naturally when you practice and perform this effect enough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL