The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..28~29~30 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
My motto is:

"Want to see something?"

I don't always use my motto when performing magic.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hmmmmmm. You mean kinda like spreading your coat out and saying "Wanna buy a watch?" That sort of thing? Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Depends.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 15:18, Greg Rostami wrote:
Has someone tried Prophet or EB with 3D Cash. ($1 to $10 to $100).

I really like 3D Cash. I'm wondering if the new methods of Prophet and EB can be applied to this DOUBLE change?

Thank you,
Greg Rostami

Greg, I am a huge fan of 3D cash. I love the triple change ability. Not sure about Prophet, but while the EB new method could physically be applied to 3D cash, it is not really workable for three reasons. 1. The 3D cash packet is too thick. While this is concealed very well in Mark Allen's coreography, the open nature of EB requires a thin packet because the packet is more openly shown in EB. 2. Due to the way the bills are opened up to prepare for the quick visual change in EB, in 3D cash, it would be extremely difficult to do this due to the 3 packets. You would fumble badly to open the packet to the proper place 3. Even if you could get over the first two obstacles, you would need two EB's because of the triple change. One EB can only go back and forth, it could not do a 3rd change.

What EB offers is a killer visual change that 3D cash doesn't have. 3D cash has the kicker of a 3rd change without having to screw around with wallets or pockets. Personally, its a hard pick for me.
Click to visit:
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-03-28 16:36, daffydoug wrote:
...Use a Himber wallet...NOW, your audience has just been unwittingly set up...put the wallet AWAY, and without any cover whatsoever perform EB and blow 'em out of the water...

Great take on the sucker play. Nice ideas coming out in this forum, now that people are having time to play and experiment with the gimmick.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
I wanna know who's gonna take the plunge and get both EB and Prophet, and see if some hybrid *** child can be created, from the best of both gene pools.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I have both Extreme Burn and Prophet. Extreme Burn is better than Prophet, simple as that.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Magicman4646,

I don't know how much you can say without revealing methods, but why do you say that Extreme Burn is better than Prophet? Can you explain a bit more? Thanks.

Regards, Steve
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
First off, here is my new video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kdir3rjMVbI I perform the Gravity Change and the Underground Change. I hope you like the video. Please comment and help me out.

I think Extreme Burn is better than Prophet. The Prophet change can be accomplished using Extreme Burn. I do it like that everyday. People say Prophet can replicate all of Extreme Burn's changes, and they're totally wrong. There is no way that's possible. The special gimmick that comes with Extreme Burn makes the changes happen. Overall, I think Extreme Burn is WAY better than Prophet, but they both have some good tips to offer. If you had to choose one, get Extreme Burn. If you can afford both, get both. They both offer incredible things that will make you an expert on EZ Money.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Brother, I LIKE your candidness! Rock on, EB!
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Magicman4646, great vid but... Why do you name it Extreme Burn. I used to see no problem in that but since I post my own video's I noticed that by naming it after the original name, people are being led to exposure video's very easily.

I now give my video's tagnames that do not relate to magic at all.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I ordered Extreme Burn, after watching both the demos for EB and Prophet.

The change the EB "just happens" with no finger adjustments. In the trailer for Prophet you can see the guy's thumb move from the edge of the bills all the way into the center of the bills on the change. It is a nit pick point but to my eye, the EB changes look more open and magical.

Let me say one thing however, if EB did not exist, Prophet would have been a purchase for me. They both look darn good with EB getting the slight edge in my opinion only.
Click to visit:
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thank you for the comments. I see no problem naming it the actual effect, because the real demo for the effect is on Youtube as well.
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
Like many of you, I bought the DVD for Extreme Burn right away, and am very glad I did.

It has become my close-up reputation maker. The problem with it is that it trumps so many other things that I do in close-up that I have to be careful to make it the last thing I do, because everything else pales in comparison. It is what one imagines "real" magic to look like. Absolutely stunning to lay audiences. I have been waiting for someone to either grab the bills out of my hand or demand to examine them, but the handling is so clean that the only thing people want to grab is their jaw and pick it up off of the floor...

I used the effect during an interview with a new bar and grill owner in the town where I live and I believe it helped me secure a restaurant gig. Can't say enough good about it!

http://www.CurtisMagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It is amazing to me how unanimous all the positive feedback is on this effect! Betcha at the end of the year, this will be on the list of top ten best effects of 2008. Easily.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 15:18, Greg Rostami wrote:
Has someone tried Prophet or EB with 3D Cash. ($1 to $10 to $100).

I really like 3D Cash. I'm wondering if the new methods of Prophet and EB can be applied to this DOUBLE change?

Thank you,
Greg Rostami

I don't own 3D. I have EB. I did construct EB as a double change (5's to 10's to 20's).

However, the gimmick is very thick in this scenario (you're now carrying 18-21 folded bills), and more prone to flashing. It requires more careful handling than the intended 2 way switch, but it is possible.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
With your double change gimmick do you use two of Richard's special something?
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-03-30 23:16, daffydoug wrote:

If I had 2, that's exactly what I would do. Since I only have the one, I used a "similar substitute". Not as hi-tech as Richard's but achieves the same goal.

I hear he will be offering the "special something" as a single purchase in the near future.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-03-30 23:16, daffydoug wrote:

I should add, that if constructed correctly, the double-change version only requires one gimmick at a time to be in motion--never both simultaneously.
Keith Runion
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Keith Runion
Does anybody know if Richard is out of town touring I ordered from his site on 3-24-08 but have not heard back from him. I emailed him twice and PM on this site.
I know he is a great guy I and will get back to me when he can but I have a gig this weekend and wanted to try out EB and Interlace.

thanks,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL