The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Blackstone on youtube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I found this on youtube. I just thought everyone would get a kick out of it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=J__QN5XTTv8&feature=related
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Yup, same clip of Uncle harry is found on the Remembering Blackstone video. He also used Santa Claus in the routine with the kids the candy and the rabbit. There he would claim Santa Claus was his grandfather, and I got in a big argument with my second grade teacher over him telling me that, since his grandfather and my great, great, grandfather was the same person. Was years before I believed otherwise. Thanks for posting it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Is this entire documentary, Heros of Magic, available on DVD? I can't seem to find it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I don't know. I just found this on youtube and it was a pleasant surprise. I wish there was more footage of Blackstone. All we have is the memories of Father Photius. The Santa Claus line is great.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There is a vhs video called Remembering Blackstone, Stevens still had a few copies left a while back. It has him doing many of his classic routines. One of the better collections of his works, this set was obviously done after he stopped touring, and he was recreating his routines for film. Not ever routine there, but some good ones.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Photius,

Thanks for the info on the Blackstone video.

The clips from the YouTube video have many other performers besides Blackstone. There are 3 parts on YouTube. It made me curious as to whether this could be purchased as a complete documentary.

While on the topic, I have been looking for the A&E video, The Story of Magic", hosted by Ricky Jay. This is not the same as "Grande Illusions - The Story of Magic", a later release.

The A&E version (out of print) was only available on VHS. It was in two parts. The first, "Centuries of Deception" was eaten by my old VCR. I have the second part, "Mystery in America", but I'd surely take the set if it is available anywhere.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Blackstone on youtube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL