The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ringer by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

suella4ever
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of suella4ever
Do anyone know where I can purchase the "Ringer by Steve Dusheck"? I emailed him regarding the Ringer and also because I wanted to buy his DVD but he didn't responsed. Do anyone knows how else I can contact him ?
Please help !
Andy
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Andy, give him a little time and he will get back to you. Last time I contacted him he got back to me in about a week or a little more. He is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with, that is once ya get a hold of him!
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
He'll get back with you. He will also put you on a list and contact you when "Ringer" is again available.

jim
suella4ever
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of suella4ever
OK THX guys!
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
I have a trick I believe is a Dusheck invention, it is a ring flight but is used with a chain and a fob, not a key ring but a chain. It seems really cool but I received it in a lot and no instructions came with it. I imagine I would hafta make a vanishing ring hanky to complete the trick...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yep it is one of Steve's various Ring Flight props. It usually came with a big, red, plastic, numeral "1" attached to the ball chain. At least the two dozen that Al Cohen was selling all looked that way.

You can use any vanish. Heck, do a retention vanish to one hand, have that hand held as you go to your rear pocket to grab the fob and Bob's your uncle! You're done! That was the way that Al Cohen showed it back in the day when he was selling them. That is the way he taught me and I did it for a decade before losing the prop. It is brilliant in it's simplicity.

Al also did a hank vanish. It was just an ordinary men's white cotton handkerchief. He would hold a door key in his hand, holding the ring in the same hand. He'd toss the hank over the ring and simply switch the key for the ring. The spectator would hold her ring (really the key) through the hank. After a bit of magic the person would open the hank and find the key. Al seeing the key would then make a big show about getting his key chain out of his back pocket.

or...you get the idea...there are hundreds of ways to vanish the ring. Pick one that suits you. I'd say keep is simple.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Harry, sounds good to me, yeah I have been doing it the simple way. When I recieved this prop there was no fob so I added one to it, it is a belt loop type fob so one can snap it to their belt. I fumble while loading but I will work on it. Thanks for your time Harry!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The fob that came with it stuck down in the rear pocket so that the chain would hang over the outside of the pocket in the ready position. Hope that makes sense.

This is a great little version of Ring Flight. I liked it better than Steve's "Ringer" (which I loved BTW).
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Been having fun with this version, had a gig at a hip-hop club and must've done this trick several times at least and it got some good reactions indeed! I have played around with it for years off and on but I think now I am stuck on it. Whatever this trick is called it is really really good and I prefer this ring flight to any other I've seen so far.

Is this version of ring flight even on the market, I've looked here and there, no videos of it in performance either.

I really like the idea of using a normal hanky and using a key, that is cool and thank you Harry!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Harry: That idea with the key is BRILLIANT!
Thanks.Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22413 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 01:56, Christopher Rinaldi wrote:
Been having fun with this version, had a gig at a hip-hop club and must've done this trick several times at least and it got some good reactions indeed! I have played around with it for years off and on but I think now I am stuck on it. Whatever this trick is called it is really really good and I prefer this ring flight to any other I've seen so far.

Is this version of ring flight even on the market, I've looked here and there, no videos of it in performance either.

I really like the idea of using a normal hanky and using a key, that is cool and thank you Harry!

The model with the ball chain and big number '1' was only on the market for a short time. A famous Trade Show magician was doing it and it became popular for a short time, it was hard to locate as Steve Dusheck did not sell direct.

Last I heard Steve Dusheck is still selling his other version on his web site by mail order only.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

I think the ring on keychain trick that I have from Steve Dusheck is called Chain Reaction, I seem to recall seeing it in an old Hank Lee's catalog but cannot seem to find it now.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5322 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You're probably right about the name of the prop. I doubt if it has been made by Steve (or ripped off by anyone else) in over a decade maybe two.

The last time I saw one for sale, in a shop, was in Al Cohen's shop just before he retired. I should have grabbed it! I should have grabbed a half dozen when they were available. Sigh...oh the folly of thinking something will be around forever! It was a very underrated prop. It would be perfect for todays more casual venues and for the Jeans and t-shirt performer.

I loved Dusheck's "Ringer" and used it for "formal", paid performances. But I carried this little prop with me all the time just in case. Every prop has its use and its venue.

When "Ringer" became unavailable I started to use the Morelli ring flight prop as my go to (non-reel) prop of choice. I had learned my lesson and bought three right from the start. Now that Dusheck is making "Ringer" again I'll probably go back to using it. Yes, I'll buy three! I cannot think of many routines that play as strong in a walk-around situation.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Performed Chain Reaction last night for a group of people in a private setting, of course at one point somebody says to do some magic, another person mentioned I probably didn't have any tricks with me...you know the story...so I borrowed an expensive looking finger ring from one of the ladies, wrapped it in a hanky, made it vanish and reappear on a keychain, people were speechless.

This has to be my favorite ring flight concept, absolutly brilliant, this is such an innocent prop and I am so glad I have it now.

I recieved this trick in a box of magic given to me by a friend, this box of magic stuff was given to him by a widow whose deceased husband had been an amateur magician and one of the tricks in the box was a weird looing keychain thingy minus the fob and NO instructions. I had no idea what it was about, until one day while flipping thru my old Hank Lee magic catalog I saw an ad for Steve Dushecks Chain Reaction and in the ad was a hand drawn picture of a key ring effect, a metal chain with a fob in the shape of a number one. I read the description and then realised the prop I found must be the same thing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ringer by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL