We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Going Green Makes Room For Storage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

state
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of state
Recently, I have begun promoting going green in my performances. As a side affect, I have gained some new ways to transport my stuff. Here's how it works.

I do tricks like C&R Rope, News Paper Tricks, Magazine Predictions, Can Tricks like Healed and Sealed and Fizz Master. I try to include as many things as I can that make recycling look like magic. As I do the Tricks I place the used recyclable items in a recycle container that I bring with me. It ranges from paper, plastics, cardboard, cans, all that good stuff.

To top it off, I arrange all my supplies in a trash bag, and secretly stash my supplies in either a trash can that my host supplies or one of my own. I can carry the trash bag with my stuff to the show in the recycle container. During the show I make it seem like I just grabbed a trash can and I start pulling my magic show out of it.

I have performed like this 2 times now and it seems to be received very well. Plus it makes a lot of room to bring supplies and I can get away with about any rig.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
The only problem I see with this is that for example, if you are doing a cut and restored rope, there shouldn't be any waste...
Pulling things out of a recycle bin could certainly work however...
Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
If he lets the pieces fall into a recycling bin he's covered. If the point is going green, then the recycling logo should be seen constantly. Hence, a recycling bin wouldn't be out of place centerstage. If you have a recycling bin on stage and you simply let your rope pieces fall in - they where "recycled" when the rope was restored.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I really like that idea and can certaanly see it working at school assemblies. Here the kids use the floor as their bin .. they are so used to some-one else picking up after them. They seem to think litter doesn't matter.

Consequently, we have more packaging than product for electrical goods, video games etc. Skips full (I kid you not, we don't have bins in Kuwait .. we have a 20' long skip outside my flat that is emptied daily)
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Going Green Makes Room For Storage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL