The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "Busking" magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Quote:
On 2008-02-27 08:08, rjenkins wrote:
Quote:

I changed mine into a "do as I do" ring and rope bit...

I played around with this a few times but couldn't get it right. How many phases do you do? Do you start and end each phase with ring-on, or ring-off? Would be interested to know more.

My ring and rope bit is a combination of Whit Haydn's 4-Ring Comedy Routine and David Williamson's Ring and Rope routine. It sets up like David sets up and plays like Whit does. The exception is that Whit is able to "assume" that the spec gets all phases correct. I only assume that the spec gets 50% of the effects correct.

I also end with ditching the rings and the specs rope altogether and doing a no-cut C&R rope bit with the spec ending as the hero. They walk away baffled and hopefully feeling no worse for the wear.

That part came from both Pete Wardell and whoever put out Fiber Optics.

I sadly no longer own either DVD...(beware the lure of the video trading harpies that sing a wiley song once you've reached your requisite 50 comments of "Thanks for sharing" and "LOL, me too!!!").

Did I answer your question? Ummm phases. Let's see...inspect, choose, tie knot, ring off, ring on, change ropes, ring on ring off, ditch rings & 1 rope, cut & restored bit, then blow off the knot...so what's that make, 14?

I dunno, I'm horrible with numbers. Math I can do...but just not with numbers.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
MarD,

that hugard book is a jewel.

the beauty of it is very few are smart enough to spot it and even after they finally discover it, they don't realize what's in there hands.

many magic dealers have said this about every book published so when the magi sees this humble looking paper back from the 20s and 30s they think it's out of date and worthless, but little do they know, the working pros are making careers with it and dealers are pulling ideas out of it to hook their next hobbiest with slick packaging and a great demos. I know I've been on both sides of the counter hobbiest, dealer, and pro, my whole life.

p.s. don't forget tarbell, they call it the bible of magic.
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Jimmy - I'll be looking at Tarbell too...I watched some of your vids after looking through Hugard's and could see where you got some of it...great job btw...

I think that it's going to take me a little while to go through hugard's but it will be worth it...lol

I was watching the Mexie's vids and wanted to ask you how you got the knot to slide...lol I'm still not sure about that part of it...Smile Thanks for the encouragement!

Mike
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "Busking" magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL