The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Gambling Invisible Thieves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
C. Loubard
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of C. Loubard
Kimura, the answer is NO!
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1679 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Dan and Dave are friends and I've always thought they had a great eye for design. So, I asked them to help me make the GPS website. They have helped out with some elements of production on the DVDs, but as friends of mine and Steve's, not as bona-fide "producers."

As for the footage RK saw, yes, most of that footage is going to be on the new DVDs. Steve and I spent several hours with our editor (who also posts on this forum) arguing over which moves to include and which one not to include. Don't worry, it wasn't an issue of holding back, it was an issue of space.

In the end, we've added 52 moves done by Steve to the bonus DVD. This section runs about 22 minutes or so and contains false deals, mucks, switches, false shuffles, stacks and a few other things that will blow you away.

Steve and I spend 5 hours together yesterday discussing sales techniques, etc. Suffice to say the project is moving along steadily. We would have been out several months ago if we just wanted to release the original GPS. It's all the new stuff that's taking up some of our time.

Give us a few more weeks.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15761 Posts

Profile of tommy
We are giving ya a few more weeks and no longer. Do ya follow me MR England?

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I'm not saying that there won't be a lot of new stuff all I'm saying is Mr. Z already showed you most of it in his videos. We'll see...

Take Care

Doc
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 02:12, Unknown419 wrote:
... all I'm saying is Mr. Z already showed you most of it in his videos. We'll see...

Take Care

Doc

I respectfully disagree.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15761 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well it would be neat to have a little training and instruction from the master what ever the result may be.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I agree. The originals should still be worth while.

On the other hand, I'm guessing that this whole project is gonna go WAY beyond what I can grab from my office's slush fund. The price tag is surely gonna cause some of us to gasp.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
To me the point is to get new material. For the last years, we have seen pretty expensive DVD on the market, but very poor material, nothing new, sometimes just the DVD form of former VHS.

The price is not really that important if it worth it. Giorgio's was interesting for example. Nothing really equivalent to his DVD was available. Good informations and balanced price. OK, was great.

I don't wanna pay a big bunch of money just to replace old VHS. I admit SF is great, but 22' of new material (is it new for everyone, you sure?), well, sounds a little bit short!

To me, the big question is the price.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 07:17, AMcD wrote:
To me, the big question is the price.

Me too. And I already have GPS transfered to DVD. But I can't see myself not buying it.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Well, depends. If they ask for 300 bucks...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 10:26, AMcD wrote:
Well, depends. If they ask for 300 bucks...

Yeah. How much was the video set when it came out? And when did it first come out? Anyone remember?
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Haha, hope I didn't offend anyone with the bucks comment earlier, it was just a friendly inquiry because I saw the db2 signature at the bottom of the webpage.

Can't wait for these, if I hadn't known they were being released on DVD I would have bought the tapes months ago.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 11:38, Kimura wrote:
Can't wait for these, if I hadn't known they were being released on DVD I would have bought the tapes months ago.

Even if it takes 6 more months I think you'll be glad you waited. I have them transfered to DVD but I would like to have chapter menus etc. It's still a lot better than VHS.

VHS stinks!!!
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 02:12, Unknown419 wrote:
I'm not saying that there won't be a lot of new stuff all I'm saying is Mr. Z already showed you most of it in his videos. We'll see...

Take Care

Doc

Ya I don't think that's even the tip of the iceberg..
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15761 Posts

Profile of tommy
Na more like a cold deck on the Titanic..

Tommy
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Lets guess as to the final price. the winner gets... to feel good about themselves. I say 195, as a worthless guess. I think they are 50 a tape now..
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Kimura
I guess it depends how limited the release is. People like us are likely going to buy them whatever the price but others may not.

My guess will be $165 although I think they will probably be closer to $200
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Whatever the price?

Well man, I'm a card player not a sucker...
Kimura
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Well of course no one is going to pay $300 for the set, but I figure if many of us are willing to spend the dough on Steve's books, then they're going to be willing to spend a high(ish) amount on the DVDs.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I disagree. The books are great and few (if any) can be compared to them. They are somewhat unique. If the new DVD set has nothing new but 22' of new material, I don't clearly see why I'd pay hundred of bucks. To get a menu? I'm in IT, I'm able to do that with my VHS to CD rips.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Gambling Invisible Thieves (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL