The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Ring or coin in ice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

minnich_magic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of minnich_magic
A property of physical chemistry can be used to our advantage. Chill a plastic bottle of water (Dasani, etc.) to close to 0 degrees Centigrade, just before it freezes.

Secretly load the object into the bottle (perhaps assistant does this- object plops into the water, and lid is replaced). Assistant then snaps the outside of the bottle smartly with finger, and the water immediately crystallizes to ice! Bottle is then brought into view of audience, and they see the coin, etc. in the bottom of a bottle of ice!

Obviously, best used in routine where coin vanishes from one place and appears in the bottle. Try it! Pretty cool.

Tom
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27019 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How reliable is this? I.e., can one drop in a marked coin and its impact starts the crystallization?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
minnich_magic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of minnich_magic
Jonathan,
Great question. Have not tried to get the object itself to initiate the crystallization, as I don't think the impact of its weight is great enough. The most reliable is the finger snapping, for lack of better description.
Tom
minnich_magic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of minnich_magic
Agitating the bottle might also produce the same result.

Tom
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27019 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The idea is to get a verifiable coin into the bottle - right?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
minnich_magic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of minnich_magic
I don't know if I would call that "the idea" as you state.

The point of the effect is to vanish a borrowed & marked coin, ring, etc. It then re-appears in the bottle of ice (well within the ice, not just at the bottom).

Hope that clarifies.
Tom
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
Chris Angle did that on one of his shows where a borrowed ring ended up in a ice cube in the persons drink.
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 19:11, magicwatcher2005 wrote:
Chris Angle did that on one of his shows where a borrowed ring ended up in a ice cube in the persons drink.

yup I saw him in television is very clean effect. I get trick from some one ring or coin outside or polyster thread can be one in ice. just give salt in polyster and ice. and put refrigerator wait 30 minute you can get thread polyster be one with ice. maybe science with salt is good 2.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Why polyester?
Cards never lie
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
You might be interested in this then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qFXyEFMwBE
A vid I came across demonstrating and explaining how to freeze the beer in a glass beer bottle in 1-2 seconds.
Basically it needs to be kept on ice (icy cold) for a couple of hours, then opened and clanked against something to release the bubbles... which freezes it all.

Why not try it with a signed playing card loosely rolled, so it unrolls mostly when in the bottle, then freeze it up. The sig may still be visible then...? >:-]

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Ring or coin in ice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL