We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Colombini card dvds - reviews wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of T.House
Hi,

Rachel and Aldo Colombini have a bunch of new card dvds - A Host of Surprises, Against all Odds, All Hands on Deck, Card Capers, and Crazy for Cards. Could anyone provide reviews of these? Is anyone using any of the effects from the dvds?

Thanks,

Bruce
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I have Crazy for cards. For 10 bucks you just can't beat it.

I intend to get all the rest in this DVD series. I must admit that I am a huge Aldo Colombini fan.
Overall, the production quality is good, and the tricks are typical Colombini type effects.

My favorite effect on Crazy for cards is Mouse Trap, very easy and entertaining effect.
Again, for 10 dollars you cannot go wrong, even if you only learn or use one effect off of these DVD's.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

Tracy Guillory [aka ProfessorWhut]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6898 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I do not have any of the dvds but I do have some of the marketed effects from most of them. They are all very good. $10 is a steal, especially considering some of the effects included on the dvds are marketed items which sell for $10 or more on their own.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4391 Posts

Profile of Paul
As stated above, you cannot beat the value, and this may affect the price of future DVD's released by others. I have "Crazy For Cards" also and a couple of the effects I'd come across elsewhere, but no matter, I've easily got value for money on the other items. My favorite items are the two Peter Duffie items "Follow The Sign" and "Point Blank Assembly". For the latter I've thought about using alphabet cards and my name rather than playing cards (if your name spells with four letters like Paul or Aldo you can do this and conclude by making yourself disappear).

"Mouse Trap" and "Uncanny Kings" might get an airing in the restaurant where I work also. Shell out your ten bucks you can't go wrong with this DVD.

Paul.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4391 Posts

Profile of Paul
I'll post another idea for Peter's "Point Blank Assembly" from the DVD in Secret Sessions.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6898 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love Point Blank Assembly. One of my favorites from Peter. Even though the method and effect is completely different, it was one of my inspirations for the Assembled Reset effect on "The Omega Mutation".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Colombini card dvds - reviews wanted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL