The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » VORACITY (by Corey Burke)... Website Error??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
I recently purchased this DVD and although it shows the performance Only for TERMINAL VORACITY ($5 to $1 effect), it gives you a website to go to for the explanation.

That mentioned Website has been down for at least this past week that I tried with no way to contact Corey. Does anyone (who has this DVD) know how to get the explanation??

You can PM me to not let loose the website name to the public.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-02-23 17:12, Salby wrote:
. . . with no way to contact Corey.

PM Spydur (Corey Burke). He is member here at the Café.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Thanks... I just PM'd him.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
It's been way over a year and the promised weblink video is still NOT available. I PM'd him many times in the past with really no resolution... Just procrastination.

Anybody has any other word of this??
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Just to answer your question. I've been out of the magic community for a long time. Just doing actual gigs and working on other projects.

Salby, I saw that you put the DVD up for sale a while ago so it shouldn't really be a big deal to you, about this effect, seeing as you don't own the DVD any more. Right?

I decided NOT to put this out. It was more of a headache than anything (trying to help those that wanted just the FREE effect.)

The marketing for this DVD said the effect was "performance only" anyway so I know you weren't buying the DVD for this one effect alone.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

CB
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
I put it up for sale, but never sold it (ie.: I still own it). However, if I do sell it, it would be nice to know for the future buyer that the video that suppose to be included with the DVD (via an included slip of paper directing me to a non--existant website) is indeed true to its word.

And actually, I wanted to learn TERMINAL VORACITY. The clerk at the Mortar and Brick Magic shop explained to me that there is a link inside the DVD to explain this. I am a big Paper Money Magic Performer and decided to get this DVD "knowing" the instructions for it would be included (1 way or another) in my purchase.

I am upset as I was misled from both the Magic Shop clerk and by the slip of paper in the DVD case alledging me to believe that I can learn what I feel is a great effect of yours. This is one of the best $5 to $1 Transpositions I have seen!!!

If you were preventing the "trying to help those that wanted just the FREE effect", then the explanation should have been burned into the DVD itself.

Any reason you decided to just tease the issue of Performance Only? (Don't get me wrong, other DVD's have had "Performances Only" effects included as well.) I just wanted your take on it, let alone, not explaining the misleading slip of paper??
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's Corey and his sister Sarah singing ( Mrs. Burke is playing the Piano ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pg5AkPt9qA

The Voracity switch towards the end is undetectable.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I agree with Salby. I also bought this DVD and emailed Corey about the website. He stated that it was still in the works. The DVD stated the explanation would be available therefore the video should be available.

Corey,
I really don't know why you care about people that didn't buy your DVD catching wind of the site and watching the explanation. I think you should be worrying more about your customers. They are the people that put the money in your pocket.

Just my two cents.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 18:47, Spydur wrote:

The marketing for this DVD said the effect was "performance only" anyway so I know you weren't buying the DVD for this one effect alone.

Cory, if you included a slip of paper in the DVD saying that an explanation would be made available to the performance only effect, then the right thing to do is to honor that.

Unless of course the intention is to burn customers and create ill will. Then stay the course, because it's working.

MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Agreed...At least email the explanation video to the customers who are upset about the website not being up.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
That's not even me singing in that YouTube vid (fyi).

I didn't put a slip of paper in the DVD. Not sure where you got that from.

CB
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-08-02 03:28, Spydur wrote:
That's not even me singing in that YouTube vid (fyi).

I didn't put a slip of paper in the DVD. Not sure where you got that from.

CB

Ok, how about this. Did you ever indicate that a link would be made available to teach the effect?

Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Sorry... My mistake.

There was NO piece of paper (I got confused with another DVD (FLOW) that had a piece of paper directing the buyer to another handling of the effect).

However, on VORACITY, it was actually stated on the DVD (a menu) when viewed on your TV that directed the buyer to go to the link in question for the explanation of the effect.

Sorry for the confusion.

Either way, there was a direction to a website from Cory's DVD to gain the explanation TERMINAL VORACITY. I went to the site... It does NOT exist.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2009-07-30 13:23, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Here's Corey and his sister Sarah singing ( Mrs. Burke is playing the Piano ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pg5AkPt9qA

The Voracity switch towards the end is undetectable.

Now, that was funny.

Robert
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Okay Corey. You didn't put a slip of paper in the DVD but you did provide a link on the actual DVD. Is that statement correct?

Do you not understand the problem? Do you honestly think this is good business ethics? Do you plan on releasing more magic in the future? If so, do you care about your past customers at all?

It really is sad that people can put out products, make promises, not deliver on those promises and still make a profit. I am also an owner of this DVD and have multiple emails from Corey stating that the link would be up and running soon (that was on 2/22/08).
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
I also have this DVD and was upset that I cannot find the explanation. I figured out the explanation by running it in verrrrrrrrrry slow motion.
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
You shouldn't have to run it slow. It should be posted on the website as stated by Corey on the DVD and via e-mail. I purchased this directly from him and I just feel burned by his lack of understanding in this matter.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Such a Shame....... Smile
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
I have three of Corey's DVD's: Payphone, One-Eyed Jacks and Voracity. I guess you could say that I was a fan.

I too was rather upset when the explanation for Terminal Voracity (despite what it said on the DVD) was witheld.

The worst thing about this entire affair, is that Corey doesn't see that he has done anything wrong and fails to understand why those who support his work are agreived by this.

Sorry Corey, this is just not the way to treat loyal customers and if you truly think it is, see how many people buy your next DVD - I won't be buying it and I suspect that many others will feel the same.

AP.
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Agreed...I also own those three DVD's and like Adam, I will not be purchasing Mr. Burke's future offers and advising others to do the same. He should stand by his customers and provide what he sold us.

I really can't believe he hasn't responded to this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » VORACITY (by Corey Burke)... Website Error??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL