The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » XCM in a restaurant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Yea Steve...what are these DirtBiker restaurants? Smile
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Maybe where I work I see it more often I guess. We have a 400 seat restaurant connected to a bar connected to a brewery connected to an outdoor courtyard where the bands play in the summer time connected to a comedy club/night club connected to banquet rooms which hold 1000. We have a total of 7 bars.

We have 7 managers on duty all the time. 6 to 8 bouncers/security/doorman on staff all the time. Our banquets have a staff of 150 and I am not sure how many regular waitstaff, bartenders we have but it has to be over 100. I have worked this environment for 10 years. One of or lead managers who has been with the company since the beginning just LOVES to kick people out. She jumps up and down yelling "Let me do it Let me do it! I'm serious. She is quite funny. So you see my environment is a little different then the family restaurants you guys are used to. My shift takes me well into the night when the freaks come out. I get the full gambit from families with little kids to out of control drunks. The management does an amazing job of keeping the peace. Mainly because they have little tolerance for Jackholes. Wether it be in the family dinning area in the restaurant or the after hours clubs.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What you mean to say it is far different from the fine dining establishments I work in. Not to nit pick.

So you say that your situation is unique, yet you insist on telling others to do these things? I get it now.

How many doctors and lawyers show up at freak time anyhow?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2008-02-29 01:59, Dannydoyle wrote:
What you mean to say it is far different from the fine dining establishments I work in. Not to nit pick.

So you say that your situation is unique, yet you insist on telling others to do these things? I get it now.

How many doctors and lawyers show up at freak time anyhow?

You said you weren't used to security personnel in a restaurant. I was just explaining my situation. My situation is unique in that I get to see a wide variety of situations all under one roof. How many Doctors and Lawyers? Probably 40-50. I just pass-on what I have learned from experience. Wether people do these things is not up to me. Their situation could be completely different. My information may not help them. But I put it out there for those who do find it helpful.

, Jonathan
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 17:04, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ok all postings of Danny Doyle is mean are way off topic, and have been discussed ad nausium. Also his inability to spel, or care about speling.

Funny how weak arguements turn to an attack on another. Magicfish contributed nothing, only attacked me LOL.

I LOVE the Hitler thing, and can post many threads which show this in action!

I had no argument on this matter. only a question for you. I was wondering why you berated someone for offering there own experience from real restaurant work. Which is why a lot of guys join the Café- to learn. I just wondered why. Then you guys started talking about long lost cousins and battles and Adolf Hitler.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Magicfish, you keep reaching the other side of the bowl huh?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Ignorance is bliss... this is eden.
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
Ooooh Eden ,
Barbara Eden,
I dream of genie.
Magical Hotty
grrrrooooooowwwwlll..

How's that for a thread progression
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hey magicfish since you are contributing nothing tell us where we are ignorant.

Come on kick in that second TIER education and tell us all how we are ignorant. Let us marvel at your intellect.

Show us the error of our ways. Educate us. Please pronounce your experience, and how we are all lost in the woods.

I know your magic and your life must be just an amazing story. I understand that right now Michael Crighton and Maya Angelou are having a big fight as to whether your story will be a novel or a poem.

I know this story will be an epic the sort of Beowulf or the Canterbury tales and such.

So please show us your brilliance. Let it spew forth so that we can get away from our ignorance and bow down before your superior knowledge of such a subject. I can hardly wait.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2008-02-29 16:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Hey magicfish since you are contributing nothing tell us where we are ignorant.

Come on kick in that second TIER education and tell us all how we are ignorant. Let us marvel at your intellect.

Show us the error of our ways. Educate us. Please pronounce your experience, and how we are all lost in the woods.

I know your magic and your life must be just an amazing story. I understand that right now Michael Crighton and Maya Angelou are having a big fight as to whether your story will be a novel or a poem.

I know this story will be an epic the sort of Beowulf or the Canterbury tales and such.

So please show us your brilliance. Let it spew forth so that we can get away from our ignorance and bow down before your superior knowledge of such a subject. I can hardly wait.

+2 Smile
state
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of state
DJBrenton
View Profile
Regular user
Midlands, England
129 Posts

Profile of DJBrenton
Could someone point me to a thread that's about XCM in a restaurant please? I'm sure there used to be one.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2008-02-29 16:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Hey magicfish since you are contributing nothPlease pronounce your experience, and how we are all lost in the woods.
ing tell us where we are ignorant.

Show us the error of our ways. Educate us.

Well, Danny you make it easy for me and those who try to help. Once again you have nastily ridiculed someone who is trying to offer some advice based on real world experience. Your immediate reaction was to state that you work in better places than him. The reason you did this is because you were proven wrong.
SAt first you said that security personel at a reataurant exists only in fantasy land. You are wrong. Kammagic contributed with an enlightening post about his venue which sounds quite interesting. But for some reason you saw it as an opportunity for sarcasm and smugness as though you want to be the only guy who is a real "worker". This is supposed to be a fraternity and yet you keep trashing anyone who speaks. Why?

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Show me please magicfish where I said security personel equals fantasyland.

My point was that throwing out rude customers is fantasy land. Oh and see since you have reached the other side of the bowl again and forgotten where you were, let me explain. That is what many people will call a "joke".

You can argue that it may indeed not have been that funny. But I was asking YOU to contribute. All YOU are doing is attacking. You have not once mentioned anything about the meat of this thread. Your just here to argue. So prove me wrong and do what I asked.

And my "immediate reaction" was to clarify where I work as he got it wrong.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Well, I sort of agreed with your defending this kid. He's certainly put in a lot of practice- I'd rather see him doing magic, but who am i? maybe he doesn't like magic. He seems like he's having fun; and I'm pretty sure it's not a situation where he's approached a table in a restaurant and is trying to entertain a family. If he is well then that's a different story.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Even if he did approach them they didn't seem to mind really. Maybe not the most attentive audience, but not bored to tears either. Nobdy has mentioned that they WERE watching him and not talking amongst themselvs.

Yea I would rather see magic as well, I am with you there, but again as you said "Who am I"? His choices and I respect that.

It seemed to me everyne was projecting what "they" would do, or what "they" would like to see. I for one don't enjoy manipulation acts. GOD do they bore me. BUT some like them and they do go well. Who knows the kid may be onto something.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
I'll be honest here as well and say in his defense, that sorta thing is A LOT more impressive in person, as opposed to a video camera. I can vouch for that first hand. Smile
magicmystro
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom, Isle Of Wight.
1 Post

Profile of magicmystro
I don't really think this kinda thing is really suitable for real people LIVE as I just think of it as showing of, but if the spectators like it then hey I cant complain.
Thanks
Kyle Newton
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Each to his own I suppose but I switched off after about a minute.This stuff bores me silly.But it does take skill and dexterity.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Lennart Green does something a bit similar in his FISM act and he turns it into something very funny. Just takes some care and thought to make it interesting and entertaining.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » XCM in a restaurant (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL