The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Close-Up Gospel Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
clarissa35f
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of clarissa35f
I just thought of a way to use "Red Hot Mama" in a one-on-one ministering situation. But it would require a card I do not know whether or not it is for sale. A playing Card with a red back, on the back, and a Cross on front. Anyway onto the effect.

You show the pack, as being a regular deck of cards... faces and backs, with proper precautions if you know " Red Hot Mama" or " The Chicago Opener". You talk about how we all look more or less the same to one another. You have them select a card..that will represent them... and have them Hide the card in the deck, as you perform Red Hot Mama. Talk about how easy it is to hide from one another, but that God will always see us, no matter how hard we hide. Expose that the only red backed card is the selected card. Talk about how it is impossible to hide from God, or to try and cover our sins, since he sees us no matter what. Place on the table as per Red Hot Mama. Then you can go into telling the Good News about the Lord, and his gift of salvation. You talk about How Christ becomes sin for us. And that from that point on, when God looks at us, he no longer sees us, but his Son. In God's eyes, we are no longer our sinful self, but God's sinless son.

Here you turn the card on the table over... show the red card with Cross on the front. Representing Jesus.

As an aside you can make this card easilly buy an all red back, blank faced deck. then Just use a marker to make a Cross on the face of it. You can even put John 3:16 on the face under the cross... and hand it out as a souvenir.

I think my point is, with some thought there are many effects that can be transformed to make a message more visual.
“Amateurs practice until they get it right.
Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” <Anonymous>
"There is no such thing as magic, there is no other way that could have been done" <Whit Haydn>
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Joe, VERY good point. Watering down the message is probably the WORST thing we Christians can do with the gospel. I'd venture to say that it's probably worse than not witnessing at all, since watering it down affects ALL who hear it, not just the one who didn't hear it from us (if that makes sense).
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Quote:
Thanks for letting me ramble. Check out Hell's Best Kept Secret at http://www.wayofthemaster.com for a really good and clear explanation. I think you will love this.

Joe

If anything I would suggest buying this book before getting ANY other magic effects.
Trust me, it will help you in some way.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Clarissa 355f for Red Mama

there are cross cards for sale check the "Card Collection" in the UK. Single cards are normally about $2. Or buy a blank faced red bicycle card and draw it on with a sharpie.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
brownsentertainment
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of brownsentertainment
I agree, never compromise the message. Just wrap it in a different package if need be.
gbradburn
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
74 Posts

Profile of gbradburn
There's already a lot of really good suggestions here but you might want to take a look at Living Waters. Ray Comfort using a few close-up effects, most notably the Light Show Thumbtip (actually Rocco's D-Lite). He mostly uses the effects just to gather a small crowd, like your mall scenario, so he can segue into a gospel presentation. He uses a lot of tracts, which you can also get from his page if that's something you're interested in.

Here's a video of a "free" money making trick you might be able to incorporate into your presentation.

Also, here's instructions on how to tear a sheet of paper into a summary of the gospel.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
447 Posts

Profile of Hushai
[/quote]

I have a Black Hot Rod that changes to all Diamonds... What kind of patter could be used for witnessing with that prop.

CraftyOne
[/quote]

If it's not too abstract a concept, you could just talk about unity in diversity. Diversity is represented by the all-different stones, on both sides of the Hot Rod. Then, unity is represented by the stones all the same color on both sides. But reality (the Reality of the Holy Trinity, and of people in Christ) is a unity in diversity -- show the Hot Rod with all the same stones on one side and all different ones on the other.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Close-Up Gospel Illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL