The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Wilson On the Spot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I searched the forum and couldn't find another full thread on the video so I thought I'd start one. I would really like to purchase this video but want a couple of second opinions. I'm a fan of Greg's work, so is this some of his best impromptu stuff?
Danno
View Profile
New user
Boston
94 Posts

Profile of Danno
Buy Off The Cuff first.
These are really great tapes. The re-capped routine alone is worth the cost of the tape.
In my opinion.
robin_martin
View Profile
New user
London, UK
74 Posts

Profile of robin_martin
yes there are some good material on these tapes. 3/4 across, toll free to name a few. as danno said maybe you want to get off the cuff first but i don't think it really matters myself.
The secret of the mind is the secret of the self.
http://www.robin-martin.com/photorecall.html
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
I own On the Spot and I love it. My favorite routines from it are his recapped revisited, 3/4th accross and a questionable trick.

I would definitly reccomend that you get the tapes.

As for buying off the cuff first, I don't own that video and I did fine with On the Spot.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Many of the previews I've seen show more of the spec's reactions than of the trick itself. Does the video tend to do this as well?
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
What previews are you talking about? The only one like that that I can think of is the Hundy 500 one (another great product by the way)

The videos have a presentation for an audience followed by an instudio presentation followed by an explanation and then some of them have another performance for an audience. Greg spends more than enough time explaining the effects.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
alright thanks!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Justin Greg Wilson is one of the most talented magicians, If you like inpromtu magic glasses , napkins ,coins silverware etc...... then by all means on the spot is for you. No gimmicks or gaffs just presentation and slight of hand.
do get his videos
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
If you are a card man and not into coin. Take a look at G.Wilson the 3 coin routine and it is a killer and simple to do.

Any coin, any where and any time.

Great work.

There are other great stuff in there.

A must get for impromtu worker and all magician.

Symmatrix.
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I could definitely add a recommendation for "On The Spot" also. Very good routines and he spends ample "teaching" time as well as just performing each effect and highlighting spectators reactions. You wont be disappointed if you get it.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I love the material in 'On the Spot'. Simply one of the best sets I've purchased. Greg is a really great teacher and the stuff on it is so useable!! Audience love it. I love his misdirection and timing in 'paper balls over the head'. 3/4 is great too. Recap revisited is awesome!! I perform it all the time and the reactions are great. Noone will ever regret buying these, his offbeat style is great. I think this is better than 'off-the-cuff'. Haha, BUY IT!
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have to also recommend this one! Very entertaining! Also Greg is funny, and very honest when he admits to getting caught at times on some of his tricks! Great tapes!
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
The On the Spot Videos are really good! I highly recommend them. Greg is a good teacher and very entertaining.
ledzepp1918
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of ledzepp1918
I also reccomend the videos. I use more from this set than from any of my other books and videos. You will never be stuck with nothing to do.

Lake
Duke
View Profile
New user
tiny Switzerland
15 Posts

Profile of Duke
In my opinion Greg is really one of the best magician out there. He is also a great showman and he knows how to entertain. Last but not least: he is a very nice guy. I met him at a lecture in Switzerland. I got all his videos and I can say: each particular is super and you find great material in those.
So hurry up and get "on the spot"! Smile
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I purchased the video and love it. Some great routines I've already been practicing for a couple hours. Recapped gets some of the best responses and his coins across is perfect. Thanks for the advise everyone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Wilson On the Spot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL