We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » If you only have 1 Case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
If you only have case with 12"x 12" Measures,space only to put 4 magic tricks or props...what do you choose to put in the small case?
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
A deck of cards, a Sharpie, my rope for Tabary's Rope Routine, and keys to the other cases...
Miikka
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
148 Posts

Profile of Miikka
A deck of cards, coins, maybe some rope for Ring on rope or Professor's nightmare and lastly sponge balls.

Actually it really depends where I would be supposed to perform. Those above for a standard walkaround or tablehopping gig.

I am currently moving toward mentalism, but it will take some more time, so I didn't put any of that stuff there.

Mi
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I don't understand this question. I would put in the tricks that I perform. And I would never use a case that small. But, since you asked, here is what is in my close-up case every single night when I walk into a gig. I use a Dr. bag.

3-4 regular decks of cards
Sharpie
Cigarette paper
one set of cups, Sherwoods if it's a fancy place, Risers if casual, or possibly my chop coffee mug
fruit and large balls for final loads
wand
Coin purse with a few silver dollars and chinese coins
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Deck of cards
Collateral Damage set-up
Coin envelopes
Pocket dictionary
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
Every thing I need since my case would be for my show.
Danny Boy
View Profile
New user
USA
57 Posts

Profile of Danny Boy
I second Pepka, but if we were on the game show "Iron Magician" I'd prepare my ridiculously small case as such:

For a Close-Up Demonstration

1) Deck of Playing Cards
2) David Regal's Special Delivery (Card to Envelope) A plus because it packs flat and fits under the other props
3) Troy Hooser's Charming Chinese Challenge
4) 4 Sponge balls w/ collapsible cups (yes they exist, look into them)

For a Stage Performance

1) Ropes
2) Tossed Out Deck
3) Egg Bag w/ egg
4) Ninja Rings

"Iron Magician" would actually be kinda fun at WMS, whaddaya think Pepka?
DannyCrook.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yep, LOVE charming chinese challenge. Have a few KILLER adult lines that go with this. I do it every single strolling set.

As for Iron Magician we could take a crack at that. Today's prop is.......a Bridge-size one way back kitty cat pinochle deck! (Do garlic noodles go with that Danny?)

You gonna be there Dan? You never respond to emails or PM, I'll have to kick your butt. I'm bringing a buddy from my area and am jonesing for some garlic noodles.

Did I mention I love me some garlic noodles?
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-03-05 22:40, Danny Boy wrote:
I second Pepka, but if we were on the game show "Iron Magician" I'd prepare my ridiculously small case as such:

For a Close-Up Demonstration

1) Deck of Playing Cards
2) David Regal's Special Delivery (Card to Envelope) A plus because it packs flat and fits under the other props
3) Troy Hooser's Charming Chinese Challenge
4) 4 Sponge balls w/ collapsible cups (yes they exist, look into them)

For a Stage Performance

1) Ropes
2) Tossed Out Deck
3) Egg Bag w/ egg
4) Ninja Rings

"Iron Magician" would actually be kinda fun at WMS, whaddaya think Pepka?

Im so excited to be one of the host in the "Iron Magician"show,So interesting about the stuff you will put on your "ridiculously small case as such",I cant wait to know about what you put in a non ridiculously case...maybe you change the world...
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Deck of cards, chop cup with loads, rope, index cards / business cards for mentalism routines, shells for shell game, ninja rings, color changing knives, rubber bands. ball vase, sponge balls.

Michael

My case (soft lunch box type with two outside pockets) is smaller for close up and I have even more in it.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
-Ropes for Fiber Optics
-Hobson Egg Bag and egg
-Props for performing Carlisle's Homing Card, plus my O'Connell Basic Wallet to perform a kicker
-Sidewalk Shuffle cards
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
12 by 12 (by 12?) a one foot cube is really pretty big!

If this is for close-up and limited to only four tricks (I’m assuming routines with all the props needed) then I’d take:

1. Small wooden bowl (Viking Chop/Benson Bowl prop) two chopped balls, four sponge balls and two final loads. (Gives me the flexibility of performing a Benson bowl routine or a Chop Cup routine, plus my Stand-up Sponge routine)
2. Deck of cards w/loader wallet or Special Delivery props.
3. Devano Raising card deck w/handkerchief and glass
4. Two shoelaces and 3” plastic ring. This is a whole rope routine, including my ungimmicked linking ropes/shoelace routine (the two linked together twice and firmly knotted at that) and a ring and rope routine.

A general program for platform/stage I’d probably simply take:
1. Torn and restored newspaper.
2. “Through the Eye of a Needle” (mini illusion using three audience members). Props include 15 feet of rope, wooden needle (will fit in 12 by 12 box), one handkerchief (silk), two tea cups (china) and one metal cup.
3. Egg bag w/egg.
4. 18 – 27 inch Silk handkerchiefs, four 36 inch art silk foulards, and a 12” by 60 foot streamer for my silk act.

I would have taken a deck of cards and my smaller snake basket but it wouldn’t fit in the case. LOL!!! It would have replaced Through the Eye of a Needle in the program.

Platform/stage program for a younger or comedy club audience (call it my “danger” program would include:

1. Iron Garrote (chain through neck). My routine has four balloons each with weights to hold them in place, a blindfold (bandana permanently sewn folded and with Velcro fasteners at the back), a cigarette, and a short 8-10 inch length of red yarn. Plus the Iron Garrote prop.
2. Razor Blades. Include two 5x7 cards, a razor blade dispenser, spoon of thread, and handkerchief/bandana.
3. Most dangerous card trick in the world (air gun shoots dart at target covered with playing cards and dart sticks in selected card. Props include the target and stand (they just fit in a 12 by 12 case!) Double sided carpet tape, darts, air gun, deck of cards.
4. Bullet Catch (OK, dart catch from air gun). Props include, the air gun from above, darts (five different colors), two pair of safety glasses, balloon, Sharpie.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
cenafreak0709
View Profile
New user
Memphis
59 Posts

Profile of cenafreak0709
I would carry:
deck of cards
six half dollars and 2 english pennys
rope for fiber optics
Coin purse with TT and 2 silks
Aleister Killerby
View Profile
New user
Sunny Australia
56 Posts

Profile of Aleister Killerby
Rope
Sherwood Cups & Balls Set
Razor Blades
Multiplying Balls Set

That's all I'd ever need... Deck of cards can fit in my pocket, so can coins as well as a sharpie and some flash paper, loops on my wrist, rings on my fingers, set of keys in my wallet as well as cash, and all in the Fred Kaps wallet.

Gives me an idea though, how about a case that looks really small but proves to be bigger on the inside then on the outside (The Tardus Case, is my new name for it)... Or a case that's really small, but inside huge compartments fold out (sort of like the endless clowns from mini car effect) Not quite sure how you would do it though?

Aleister
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Sponge ( one with a green scrub side)
small cowboy hat
television remote
Theater size "whoppers'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » If you only have 1 Case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL