The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Time to focus on corporate magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
208 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Hello all,

I'm in the UK and have just come back from the Blackpool Magic Convention buzzing to get more gigs lined up. Last year I focused on weddings, and I have quite a few of those in the coming months. Now, I want to focus on corporate clients. What would your recommended plan of attack be? Maybe I should look into getting a residency again? What would your plan be for that? For my last residence, years ago, they approached me.

I plan on getting a leaflet printed to give out to venues (as I did for weddings to give out to brides at wedding fairs) and a second leaflet/brochure to give directly to businesses. However, getting business is not my strong point. Performing Magic is my strong point. Smile I don't want to end up with a drawer full of leaflets. I want to be proactive, but also productive. Two weeks spent cold calling venues in the wrong way would be less useful than approaching one venue in the right way, so I'm looking forward to hearing people's experiences or reading links to other threads, as I assume similar has been discussed before.

Cheers,
Damian
http://www.gingermagic.com
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Greetings,

Create a simple but cool-looking postcard, and do a mass mailing to companies' HR manager or entertainment director.

Also, go to networking events such as your local chamber meetings.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Mass mailing is one way, but I suggest a much better way of getting what you want.

Carefully choose the corporations you want to work with, and court them directly just like you would a lady. Be creative. Do your research. Know who the CEO is, and contact them directly. Meet with them face to face.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Steve,
I always select who I mass-market it to..... I hope many others do, too...
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I think Curtis is referring to "true" direct mail, not in actual fact "mass" mailing, or as I refer to even the crap sent by regular mail...."spam" mail.

A good list, some creative marketing materials, a call to action, and a great offer, all the things the "big" boys try to include in their ads.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Time to focus on corporate magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL