The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gecko by Jim Rosenbaum (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Jim just let me know that with each new DVD, you will also receive a G.T. gimmick and a Gecko Quick.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Even better deal.Thanks again
mr.nemo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mr.nemo
Sounds like a great deal might have to check it out thanks for the heads up
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Sorry if this has been posted before but when and where can we order it?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Nowhere yet. It's being edited.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Great , I will keep checking here?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Yup once it's released I'll let you all know.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I found this thread very informative regarding "The Gecko." Many of the posts seemed to be asking for demo videos with different angles, etc.. I'm surprised, though, that this thread is active once again in 2010. A quick search on YouTube this afternoon unfortunately revealed many demos of this effect as well as exposure regarding how it is constructed and how the effect is accomplished.

Ah, one of the benefits AND curses of the Internet!
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hey all, I helped a bit with the new Gecko Extreme project, it will be great. you learn how to do extreme stunts with it like a vanish under water and make something vanish while bunjee jumping and skateboarding even. We tried to make an Elephant vanish with it but his trunk kept getting in way. Oh well, it will still be really cool. Thanks for all your support!
rizyanrizy
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rizyanrizy
^^
LOL
any info bout this?
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
So last night I took my Gecko out again after it sat in my drawer for months unused. Spent an hour just setting it up in my leather blazer. The only way I can get this *** thing to work is by fixing it to the seam at the back of my jacket & using my rear belt loop. I think this is different to where you're supposed to put it but it's the only way I can stop the vanished item hanging out the bottom of my jacket. Thought last night I was finally getting to grips with it but this morning I put the jacket on & although I've not moved it, the vanished item again hangs down below my jacket!! I'm now throughly hacked off with the Gecko as there seems to be no way of making it work 100% of the time. How anyone can say it's better than a Raven is beyond me. The Raven makes no noise, no jacket fluttering & doesn't leave the thing hanging for all to see. IMO, the Gecko is the most frustrating item I've ever bought & I'm more than just a little annoyed that I paid so much money for a pull that has so many problems.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

I'm not suggesting you buy the new dvd coming out because you can do what you like and I suppose there could always be some that are not satisfied with it, but if you want to learn how to use the Gecko to vanish small items with ease every time you should at least consider the new dvd. I think the reason why the positioning had changed from one day to the next might be because of snagging. It was higher up the first day because of possible snagging and the second day it wasn't snagged and so it was lower. Just a theory. I don't see any difference with the Gecko and the Raven other than the head. If you're using the Raven with your sleeve, use the Gecko with your sleeve and it takes away the negative things you brought up but you can now vanish more than just what the Raven can vanish.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

I have so many ways of vanishing small items the Gecko comes low down the list. I think it's just personal preference at the end of the day. The Raven can't be beaten for that stunning coin change it does & I'll be sticking to my Invisible Hand for most other things as I can get the item back.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Video demo is now up for the new Gecko Extreme DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfH7iVVulY
Amyxdove
View Profile
Regular user
Andy Amyx
143 Posts

Profile of Amyxdove
Don't forget you must have the first Gecko to perform the effects in the new Gecko Extreme. The Gecko Extreme comes with two new gimmicks and the DVD will help all those who had a bit troubles with the first Gecko. Enjoy!

Andy Amyx
Andy Amyx

www.andyamyx.com
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Can you say what new effects are on this DVD? Are the new gimmicks the nest & the tail?
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
The video has some cool effects. It seems like your hand is in a different position to produce the new effects.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

For some of it, yeah. There is a new technique where the back of the hand taps the item to make it vanish, but the G.T. gimmick is not used that way. You`ll learn the back of the hand tap method as well as more about the original handling and then handlings with the G.T. gimmick.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just ordered T.K.O., and was hesitant on the Gecko. However, now that I have seen the video on Youtube for the Gecko flash, I'm just about ready about to shell out the bucks.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Unkle,

I use a 1/2 inch bone ring (plastic these days and available at most big-box craft/sewing supplies stores) covered with Teflon tape and pin that up below the armpit of my jacket on whichever side I am using the Gecko. Run the Gecko's line through it, anchor the end of the line, and adjust the line length to not have the thief drop below your coat's bottom hem when it's released.

I also use a 1 - 1/2 inch loop I made out of the thick stretchy cord that came with the Gecko and sewed it to a safety pin. That loop is then attached to the top hem of my pants or skirt, in an appropriate place. That supersedes having to choose a fixed belt loop and make do with an anchor point that may not be correct.

I just received the "Extreme Gecko" outfit and couldn't be happier. It all works flawlessly, once you customize the system for yourself. These guys took the "Pull" and reinvented it in the first major change since De Kolta. The Gecko brings it's users into the 21st Century.

I use the Gecko thief with a reel occasionally, if I am wearing a light duty jacket. Even the cheap East Indian big brass reels work perfectly for this and now even better with the introduction of the Gecko holster. Everything pretty much changes when I use a reel, as far as anchoring it and where. Use your imagination and have fun.

Thank you Jim, Patrick and everyone involved. I love it!

dsalley13
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gecko by Jim Rosenbaum (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL