The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I received mine today. The deck is perfect. It handles beautifully.

Jay starts off with some history and a presentation of the Eddie Fields handling to give a flavor for what the deck is about.

He then explains the deck. Anyone that has had troble in the past understanding the deck is going to love Jay's teaching.

And...the DVD is chock full of tips and routines that will appeal to folks new to the Invisible Deck and those folks that have used the deck for years.

Go here to order: http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48151

I'm just starting to go through the DVD, but it's another homerun for Jay Sankey. I'm really impressed with the thought Jay put into this project.

Jay has been releasing killer material along with his wonderful revamped website.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Just received mine, an am quite impressed with all the info Jay packs on that DVD! More than one person can ever use.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Same here... I Love buckshot, and I Love the stage handling ideas.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm LOVING this DVD. Jay not only teaches handlings, but he goes into some performance psychology that is real food for thought.

Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sounds good . . . thanks for sharing
Cards never lie
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
I'll be doing a more detailed review in my March newsletter.
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good morning.
I have had a couple of IDs sitting around pretty much collecting dust. I know this is a great idea but I never put much time into it. Something about it didn't inspire me to put any time into it. When I saw that this DVD was coming out I bought it thinking that maybe it would motivate me to work with a ID. Did it ever. This is a great instructional DVD. Jay Sankey does a great job pointing out so many differant ways of presenting this effect.
Having just started to play with this deck, I'm having problems spreading the cards properly. I've been told that you need to break the deck in. If anyone would be so kind as to PM me with a good way of doing that I would appreciate it. Perhaps it's just a feel that will come with practice. After watching the DVD several times, I will be putting the time into this deck.
By the way, Jay Sankey's customer service is fantastic.
JPK
John Kardel
FeiFongWong
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of FeiFongWong
This thread makes me Lol.
The Invisible Deck is such a simple concept, it's a great venue to showcase your own creative thoughts. Do we really need to be led every single step of the way?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-03-01 16:01, FeiFongWong wrote:
The Invisible Deck is such a simple concept, it's a great venue to showcase your own creative thoughts. Do we really need to be led every single step of the way?

That's the problem with the ID. It is so simple. No sleigths are used and so....it doesn't get the attention that is needed to perfom it well. And...MANY folks that get it don't perform it well. It either goes in the drawer or continues to be performed poorly.

patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
JPK, you don't have to break the cards in. They just tend to loosen their grip so to speak. Just buy yourself the stuff you need to spray the cards again and you will see your deck is as good as new. I had the same spreading problem because the deck lost it's "grip".

I hope you understand what I mean. I bought Jay's DVD as well and I look forward to it.

My favorite use is in combination with Richard Osterlind's breakthrough card system.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2008-03-01 16:01, FeiFongWong wrote:

Do you honestly believe that there is NO value in taking a closer look at a prop like this? Do you believe that someone could come up with a presentation that you've never thought of that would make the trick that much better?

Jay gives a TON of ideas that I've never thought of. Many of them can be combined together to create a custom routine.

Probably the best thing about this DVD is that it gets the creative juices flowing and inspires other ideas. This kind of stuff is always good for the mind.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Based on the feedback here on the Café, I picked this up at my local shop yesterday afternoon. I didn't have a lot of time to look at it, so I've only watched the beginning where Jay does the overview of the deck itself, and some of the classic handlings. I haven't gotten into any of his new and creative handlings.

I'm another one who has had an ID for years and years but never really put it to use. I'm generally a fan of Sankey's stuff, so I figured an in-depth look at a lot of different ideas for a prop that's been just sitting in my drawer is worth looking at. I'm sure I'll find something here I enjoy.

Plus, getting both the DVD and a Bicycle ID at the price he's asking is one of the best deals value-wise that I've seen in quite awhile.

I'm going to finish up the DVD tonight, and I'll post back later with some thoughts.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
OK, I'm back!

The DVD weighs in at a hefty hour and 45 minute runtime. Plenty of material here.

Lots and lots of creative concepts at play. Whether you've never used an ID before in your life, or if you've used one every day for the last 10 years, I think there's something here for everyone.

Jay really gets into the thinking he put into each routine and touches on some really interesting premises with the ID, and how to incorporate it into your working repertoire.

Also, just as a note, you won't find any of Jay's wacky antics and voices in this one. That may be a positive or negative, depending on who you are. You can really tell that Jay loves the ID, and his enthusiasm for it really comes through in this DVD.

Definitely recommended.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'm definitely going to pick this one up!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
204 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Thanks Christopher,

I like Jays DVD's I am going to pick this one up. He must have a very interesting take on the ID. I feel I do not really use the ID to its full potential.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 21:14, MikeOB wrote:
Thanks Christopher,

I like Jays DVD's I am going to pick this one up. He must have a very interesting take on the ID. I feel I do not really use the ID to its full potential.

No doubt about that... I've watched the DVD again, and the more I see it, the more excited I get. There's a lot of information about the selection process of having the spec pick the card, things that I never would have considered that are very important to the success of the trick. It's a sweet deal.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
One of Jay's best offering's to the fraternity. He has outdone himself ( again ).

New to the ID? Get it!

Know it and perform with it? GET IT!!

JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good afternoon.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of those that offered advice on the handling of the ID. With just a little bit a time, and a light touch, I'm getting it to look good. Thanks a bunch.
JPK
John Kardel
Splattmaster
View Profile
New user
Morristown, NJ
14 Posts

Profile of Splattmaster
OK after seeing the overwhelming praise for this product I immediately ordered it (much to my wifes dismay). As soon as I get it I'll give you my impressions of it, as this will be only the second gaff deck I have ever handled...
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
$20.00 and you get the deck..... Jay is selling this too cheap...... I would suggest getting this Now.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL