The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2008-03-01 16:01, FeiFongWong wrote:
This thread makes me Lol.
The Invisible Deck is such a simple concept, it's a great venue to showcase your own creative thoughts. Do we really need to be led every single step of the way?

Having read your comment I just have to respond. You have a total of 14 posts since Jan of 2007. So I checked your posts for the last 30 days and you beat up on a superb use of the muscle pass of another magi and now this post. What is your problem?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I also picked this up. I am looking forward to seeing some new ideas for it. Thanks for recommending it everyone...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This DVD (plus ID) is Jay Sankey's commanding instructional and clever exploration of Invisible Deck on Invisible Deck. I enjoy this DVD enormously on the world's best trick deck of cards. Also it's great to watch Eddie Field's classic "ID" presentation as well as handling ideas by Dr. Jaks and Michael Schwartz.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Very nice indeed. Some nice effects and thoughts.
Maybe I missed something, but Sankey overlooked some things that everybody with a ID will experience sooner or later: the called out card is the bottom or topcard. I hoped Sankey would come up with a perfect setup with the most popular cards in the middle of the deck. I can think of some cards myself but he has decades of experience.

Frans
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
If the card were the top card or, actually second from the top as it could be the top card, then all you would have to do is cut the deck and then spread.

If it were the bottom card couldn't you just say, "Look, at the back of the deck, I reversed one card..."

Hasn't happened to me but these are a couple of ideas.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-03-08 18:57, Cameron Francis wrote:
If the card were the top card or, actually second from the top as it could be the top card, then all you would have to do is cut the deck and then spread.

If it were the bottom card couldn't you just say, "Look, at the back of the deck, I reversed one card..."

Hasn't happened to me but these are a couple of ideas.

Yep, ditto! Also, I've never thought of the method of resetting the ID instantly, like Jay suggested, for a 2nd miracles! Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
TankTownEek
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of TankTownEek
I've known of the ID "workings" for some years...always felt kind of "non-comfortable" doing it. This has me interested and probably will be the next thing I get.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I had to bite, hope it's good.
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
I'll think I shall go and order this one! sounds like another great Sankey product!
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
201 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
Maybe I missed something, but Sankey overlooked some things that everybody with a ID will experience sooner or later: the called out card is the bottom or topcard...

This is an opportunity - when I see this, I tell the participant that I will raise their card to the top (or bottom) of the deck, give the cards a rap with my knuckles - and presto, an even better trick - the card is turned over - and positioned.

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sounds like a mus have
Cards never lie
FeiFongWong
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of FeiFongWong
Quote:

Having read your comment I just have to respond. You have a total of 14 posts since Jan of 2007. So I checked your posts for the last 30 days and you beat up on a superb use of the muscle pass of another magi and now this post. What is your problem?

I don't consider a high post count on a magic forum any kind of status symbol. Maybe I spend my time practicing and performing?

In answer to your question, I have a problem with effects based entirely on a method, as in the muscle pass example you cited. I also think that magicians should find their own way in magic, as opposed to being completely spoon fed.

Do you think otherwise?
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 02:35, FeiFongWong wrote:
I also think that magicians should find their own way in magic, as opposed to being completely spoon fed.

Do you think otherwise?

If you actually watched the DVD, you'd realize that Jay is NOT spoon feeding. In fact he even says on the DVD that his goal is to inspire us to create our own handling. His mission for the DVD was to show us how "untapped" the ID really is thus inspiring to "tap" it.

Sometimes you need to see other people's ideas to create your own. Do you think otherwise?
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
For the people that have ordered this, what was your average ship time? I am in Upstate NY, which is fairly close to him. I ordered it on 3/3/08 yet I still have not received it. I did contact them today for an order status. Just wondering what your past experieces were when ordering directly from Jay.

Thanks all.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Even though you're in upstate NY, the package still has to go through customs and all that.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 11:26, Cameron Francis wrote:
Even though you're in upstate NY, the package still has to go through customs and all that.

Very true, thanks for the reply.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I always have found Jay to ship very fast. He cares from much about his customers.

When Jay releases a DVD , he gives multiple handlings,lotsa ideas and psychology of doing things a certain way. This comes from a lifetime on the road performing. And he wants to inspire folks to come up with their own handlings.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 12:34, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I always have found Jay to ship very fast. He cares from much about his customers.

It was not really the total time of the shipping, it was more me. When I know something is in the mail I just cant wait to get my little hands on it...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 13:05, Twin Jedi wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 12:34, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

It was not really the total time of the shipping, it was more me. When I know something is in the mail I just cant wait to get my little hands on it...

I'm the same way. It's exciting getting magic delivered to your door and the wait, when you know it'sd something incredible, can make me antsy.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I have always, and will always perform an ID effect. It is one of the strongest effects to laymen one can perform.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL