The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1018 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
This is one of Jay's best DVDs, in my opinion, and was very thoughtful. A great idea to take something as venerable as the ID, and provide all the handlings he does. Also glad he reduced the amount of silliness on this one.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 13:05, Twin Jedi wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 12:34, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I always have found Jay to ship very fast. He cares from much about his customers.

It was not really the total time of the shipping, it was more me. When I know something is in the mail I just cant wait to get my little hands on it...

That is all the fun of it - you are right. Anticipation is always the best you can have.
Cards never lie
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
201 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
I always have found Jay to ship very fast. He cares from much about his customers.

Agreed. Delivery to rural Ontario takes only 1-3 days from Jay. He must ship within hours or order when he is in Toronto.

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
[quote]On 2008-03-12 21:22, jonnyboy wrote:
Also glad he reduced the amount of silliness on this one.
[/quote

Is this a new Sankey? Perhaps he'll do all his videos again, straight-faced?
:)
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 17:25, teejay wrote:

Is this a new Sankey? Perhaps he'll do all his videos again, straight-faced?
:)

I hope not. I love wacky Jay!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'll tell you this. Before I "got" Jay, when he would eb off the wall, I'd get annoyed. But, when Jay started his new site, he started making blog entries. And...he layed his life out there. I mean, things about failing, insecurities, etc.

Immediately, he went from "Jay Sankey the Magician who markets magic products" to Jay Sankey, a guy that loves magic like I do and has all the foibles, succeses, failures, etc.

And...I "get" him. And so...I understand more aboutr his sense of humor. He's like Robin Williams. Sometimes he's hot...and sometimes he's not, but I dig what he does.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 21:44, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I'll tell you this. Before I "got" Jay, when he would eb off the wall, I'd get annoyed. But, when Jay started his new site, he started making blog entries. And...he layed his life out there. I mean, things about failing, insecurities, etc.

Immediately, he went from "Jay Sankey the Magician who markets magic products" to Jay Sankey, a guy that loves magic like I do and has all the foibles, succeses, failures, etc.

And...I "get" him. And so...I understand more aboutr his sense of humor. He's like Robin Williams. Sometimes he's hot...and sometimes he's not, but I dig what he does.

Amen to that brother!
skinnyJon
View Profile
New user
Upstate New York
42 Posts

Profile of skinnyJon
Looks like I'll have to get this, I'm just glad there's someone out there willing to lead my around by the hand while spoon feeding me.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2008-03-15 22:11, skinnyJon wrote:
Looks like I'll have to get this, I'm just glad there's someone out there willing to lead my around by the hand while spoon feeding me.

Me too. This is a great DVD, and really gave me some good ideas and advice.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
I've got an ID sitting in my drawer...maybe I will pull it out and get this DVD - other Sankey DVDs I have have always been very well made and it sounds like more of the same with this one.

M
ChrisK
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ChrisK
Sankey's come up tops again!

ChrisK.
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
80 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-03-14 21:44, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

Me too. So many misunderstand Sankey. He's kind of a maverick; a non conformist, but he does things his way, and that's a quality I like. Those who hate him can't understand that he is just being himself, an original thinker.

Heck, we're told all our life to "just be yourself" and then when you do, folks think your weird, and they despise. You. Geeeeeeesh. You just can't win for losing .

Me? I say, Jay, rock on baby, and thanks a million for all the great magic over the years! You da' man!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
With all the Jay-bashing going on in the world, it's nice to see some love finally come his way. He deserves it. This has been said before and it's almost becoming cliche, but he IS the nicest guy I've ever met... Just a downright (pardon the word) sweet guy.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The Jay bashing has ALWAYS bothered me quite deeply. I can't figure it out, but it almost seems snobbish at times.

I don't know what motivates it, but my first guess is jealousy.
I mean, Jay has been such a GREAT blessing to me over the years. Thanks to Jay, I have plenty of tough, killer magic ready to fry anybody's circuits at a moments notice.

Most of the time, I'm "loaded for bear!"

Without Jay, there would be a huge gap in my magical knowledge...

And whether the magical world realizes it and acknowledges it or not, we owe Sankey a debt of gratitude.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
I got my ID from him today...even included and autographed picture with it...you cant beat that for 18 bucks
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
Got it and have begun practicing...very cool...
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Does anyone have a copy of this DVD they would like to sell? I'd like to get a copy been seems it is now out of stock everywhere.
Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey's Invisible Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL