The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Best Force Bag (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
It depends on who has got their mitts on the bag....
ars est celare artem
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 23:49, Anansi wrote:
It depends on who has got their mitts on the bag....

That could be true? Keep going.

I like your siggy, and "it is an art to hide art".
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
I just use a clear force bag from Uday. $2.05
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 17:23, jdmagic357 wrote:
Imagine for a moment that you have a bag completely empty that can be examined. You could then have the bag filed with hand written billets that came from your audience members. The billets are mixed and one removed. IT IS YOUR FORCE BILLET. How would that be possible?

Ponder that and post your thoughts. I'll come back with how I would do it.

After reading Switchcraft the solution cannot be a problem anymore. Smile
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And no longer a force bag...
I've asked to be banned
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Just use the ziplockback, they are easy and good...
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 07:15, Gabor wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 17:23, jdmagic357 wrote:
Imagine for a moment that you have a bag completely empty that can be examined. You could then have the bag filed with hand written billets that came from your audience members. The billets are mixed and one removed. IT IS YOUR FORCE BILLET. How would that be possible?

Ponder that and post your thoughts. I'll come back with how I would do it.

After reading Switchcraft the solution cannot be a problem anymore. Smile

Well that would be one way to do it, but in what I thought of the bag actually helps the illusion, but your on the right track.
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Well with no further interest in my methodology I've decided to keep this to myself. While the guesses came close, they are still enough off the mark for me to use this.

I suggest when looking for something new and different one check the older works like the Jinx for inspiration. You might also try looking in your "dead trick trunks" for something that wasn't appropriate in the past but that would work well now.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-02-22 13:41, jdmagic357 wrote:

* Well with no further interest in my methodology I've decided to keep this to myself.

Smile

That's it Smile Topic closed. Smile

Smile Smile

Smile

Goodnight all. Smile Smile

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
I'm sorry Ustaad. If you would like to continue the discussion in private, I'd be honored?
mag1cman
View Profile
Regular user
Has contributed a meagre
142 Posts

Profile of mag1cman
Has anyone else got any experience of the Uday bag - It seems to be incredibly cheaply priced?
*** Magic shouldn't be the only thing in your life BUT everything in your life should be magic! ***
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
The best one is the one that I made Smile.

Just grab a ziplock bag ( or one that is organic/normal in your context) and do your own bags.

The prop is just a prop, the real performance and the correct utilization from the tools comes from you.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2011-09-05 09:52, mag1cman wrote:
Has anyone else got any experience of the Uday bag - It seems to be incredibly cheaply priced?

I agree with Amira that it is easy to make your own clear force bags, but the one by Uday, which has three sections, is well made for a plastic force bag and probably more durable than a home-made one.

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
Sanj Singh
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Sanj Singh
I am curious to hear the thoughts of those with the Uday bag in regards to the red tape on the top. To me, this isn't too much of an oddity, but I am not sure where you would find a bag like this in real life. Ziploc seems much more natural.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2011-09-05 23:37, Jheff wrote:
I agree with Amira that it is easy to make your own clear force bags, but the one by Uday, which has three sections, is well made for a plastic force bag and probably more durable than a home-made one.

- Jheff

If it weren't for that dang inch-wide red plastic strip across the top the Uday bag would be the clear winner. It looks like no other plastic bag I've ever seen before. Why did it have to be a bright red plastic strip? Maybe I'm just being picky. For $3 it's a helluva bargain for a versatile tool.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
The Uday bag is great. That said its very easy to make your own that is very durable, easy, and quick without any special equipment.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
While not widely available (although I believe it will be soon), I would highly recommend Nakul Shenoy's clear forcing bag.
It's the only one I use nowadays.

Good thoughts,

Bob
StJohn
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of StJohn
Quote:
On 2011-09-06 17:42, mastermindreader wrote:
While not widely available (although I believe it will be soon), I would highly recommend Nakul Shenoy's clear forcing bag.
It's the only one I use nowadays.

Good thoughts,

Bob

I second this. Not that my opinion should have more weight than Bobs! Looks so innocent it isn't a prop and that it what counts more than anything.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Minor correction. Nakul's is called the "Not So Clear" force bag. The set comes with three bags that appear identical. One is a two way force bag, one is a three way and the last is ungimmicked. These are expertly crafted from bubble wrap and are extremely deceptive. They can be used to hold props (paperback books, etc.) and, introduced in this manner, are very disarming.

Very highly recommended.

Bob
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Bob must have overlooked mentioning that you could get Nakul Shenoy's NOT SO CLEAR FORCE BAGS from me.

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/notsforc.html

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Best Force Bag (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL