The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Dave Brown Benson Bowls Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
415 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
The Dave Brown Benson Bowls Routine: The Magicians Bookshelf

Where: http://www.magiciansbookshelf.com/
Author: Dave Brown.
Price: £6.47

The Review
Having been so impressed with the Thumb Tie booklet, it seemed logical to have a look at another of Dave’s routine downloads, so this time I plumped for the Benson Bowls routine.

In case you have never heard of such a thing, it is (in my opinion) another classic of magic, being a kind of cross between Cups and Balls and Sponge Balls. It is a very entertaining piece that could be performed either at tables or even in a small parlour situation.

The simple premise of the effect is that balls vanish from your hand (one by one) then reappear one by one underneath the bowl. One ball is trapped underneath the bowl and the two remaining balls vanish from your hand to reappear in your spectator's hand. The final ball vanishes from underneath the bowl and appears in your spectator's hand.

Simple but effective magic.

Even if you already do a Benson Bowls routine, this version uses a new move that to quote the advertising, makes it a performers dream. To be honest I didn’t know the old moves so I can’t comment on that.

The nice thing is though that you start clean with three balls and a bowl, and end in exactly the same way, so you are always set for the next table. For anyone who actually performs close-up magic at tables you will know how important that simple fact is. I have dismissed some great tricks in the past just because they aren’t practical.

Another big plus is the level of audience participation, a reason that make this routine a winner, or as Michael Close may say, a “Worker”.

As with all of Dave Brown’s material it is a fun routine to perform and from the reactions I have received so far a fun routine to watch.

The teaching is excellent and to the same high standard as the other downloads I have already watched, it is littered with great photos and clear video clips.

The Bottom Line
To be honest I think Dave has under valued this booklet and the Thumb Tie one. He has given away a fantastic routine for far less than you could buy most single effects.

My recommendation would be to snap it up whilst you can.

10/10
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Dave Brown Benson Bowls Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL