The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's got the guts for 31 days??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-20 12:42, Dannydoyle wrote:
Day... sorry hour 2

LOL..

Its Day 20. Please tag your posts for the next ten days with the day number to let others know you are IN.

You may get some ribbing over it but stay firm. Danny YOUR participation in the experiment is much appreciated.

Best,

Tim

Day 20
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh I thought I had to do the full 31!

Wow.

Day 20
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm waiting 10 days, maybe 10 1/2. Danny, I don't think you can pull it off. Santa doesn't even stand a chance.

I however am naturally kind and compassionate.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Josh, you are that I have to admit. And a looker too.

Day ummmm 20 I guess.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Danny, I would ask that you let them 'assume' your loayalty rather than wear the 'day' pin. It's like having a number tatooed on your forehead. Of course only Josh 2 has four heads (all packed into one).

Not posting the day allows for a lightning strike when necessary. (And one is almost always necessary at least once a week.)

However if you are insistant in being swallowed up whole by this Canadian plot to manipulate American masculinity than I'll hover and take your back till you regain your senses. So go ahead and sing the High notes if you will.

Doug
A Dayless participant
Naturally Correct.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I like the dayless thing Doug. Suits me better.

I am pretty sure there is enough people mentioning my participation anyhow that a tag may not be necessary LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Not only that but it's good for a little 'bristle' out of Timothy.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-20 14:49, Doug Higley wrote:
Not only that but it's good for a little 'bristle' out of Timothy.

Way ahead of you Doug. LOL

Best,

Tim

Day 20 ( posting the Day instead of flying under the radar..Hah!)
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
So would you consider passive aggression an acceptable trade-off for flaming? Cause one of your number, who incidentally is counting down the days (Stoneunhinged knows who I'm talking about), is asking for a slap down.

Now, I would never take part in such a thing, but there are some here without my patience and self control.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
KARCH
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of KARCH
What idiot started this post?
Ooops.
Back to Day One for me.
Lady D
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Lady D
What a wonderful idea. I cannot believe how rude some people are. Someone called me stupid. And some of the topics are offensive or so silly. I have asked some people qustions and they ignore me completely. But there must be a lot of great ideas here, too. Don't you think?
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Lady D, in the other thread I made a joke playing on the ambiguities of punctuation and grammar. I'm sorry you took it personally.

But if you'd like your entrance to go more smoothly, why not take five minutes to introduce yourself?

Then someone a bit slow like myself might better assess how thick or thin your skin might be.

Again, sorry.

Jeff
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Day 25 and going strong. Only 6 days left in this experiment.

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry

Day 25
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm sure Timothy didn't intend this to stop all hurt feelings, only.... the more intended assaults on peoples feelings.

There is no way anyone can post relatively often without someone taking what they say the wrong way. I imagine some people define themselves by insults they perceive.

Topics being offensive/silly are what make this place enjoyable for many. Although, the offensive part is very much offensive to a minority (Who I said previously seem to use their offense to their personal benefit). The Café' staff have no problem swinging the "Delete or mod bat" at the bad posts/threads.

If I wanted to feel bad or guilty, post in a clean and pure fashion I'd go here Smile .
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I don't understand this. Making the Café a better place for just 31 days? If you joined up for this 31 days then you are admitting there is a problem with your posting, and if you feel so strongly then surely you can change yourselves to post "better" forever on your stay at the Café.

If you only aim for 31 days then I believe this has been a pointless exercise - bit like quitting smoking for a month just to see if you can.

RB
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 12:14, Rupert Bair wrote:
I don't understand this. Making the Café a better place for just 31 days? If you joined up for this 31 days then you are admitting there is a problem with your posting, and if you feel so strongly then surely you can change yourselves to post "better" forever on your stay at the Café.

If you only aim for 31 days then I believe this has been a pointless exercise - bit like quitting smoking for a month just to see if you can.

RB

Hello Rupert,

Do you smoke? If you did and you could go 31 days without smoking might not you try and continue? What harm is there in trying?

Josh is also correct. Many posts that you don't agree with may be taken as offensive or silly. Feel free to jump in with an opposing position....but do it without insulting flames and you may just learn something about the guy on the other side of the keyboard that surprises you. If I've said it once I've said it a million times. Many of my closest friends here on the Café were ones I met in heated debate. Neither of us were afraid to speak our mind (and we surely DID) yet when the heat settled down there were no flames to hold grudges with. Gotta respect someone that can disagree with you and do it politely. Friendships were born.

Best,

Tim

Day 25
Lady D
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Lady D
Quote:
On 2008-03-25 10:39, stoneunhinged wrote:
Lady D, in the other thread I made a joke playing on the ambiguities of punctuation and grammar. I'm sorry you took it personally.

But if you'd like your entrance to go more smoothly, why not take five minutes to introduce yourself?

Then someone a bit slow like myself might better assess how thick or thin your skin might be.

Again, sorry.

Jeff

You are a gentleman. Consider yourself forgiven. I just don't like it when someone is rude. Life is too short. Don't you think?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Lady D,

I'd like to you meet Jeff, Josh and Karch. All rude jerks in previous posts (as am I) when our posts are taken the wrong way. (which is often done) All pretty cool guys if you look real close.

Best,

Tim

Day 25
Lady D
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Lady D
I have a question for you. I have tried to see various profiles (ie. Jim Callahan/Karch) only to discover that they are not available. What does that mean? How can they post?
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
Lady D,

I can't see your profile either. What does that mean? How can you post?

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry

Day 25
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who's got the guts for 31 days??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL