The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Check This Out... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I enjoy the way that no matter what the usual suspects end up arguing.

Kamm will defend ANY piece of nonsense on here, but Christopher puts up something and BAM it is bad.

I could say the grass is green and he would find a way to argue the point.

I am not saying the video was good or bad or indifferent. I am saying that it is odd how many only want to argue at all costs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
I liked it. I found it quite magical. If Christopher says it wasn't a DF, then I believe him... I have no reason not to.
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
OK, someone showed me this. I thought it looked really good. He said no DF. So...I don't know how he does it. Must be brilliant though! I wonder if mere mortals can do it or you have to have hands like Lee Asher.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Lyle, I also respect your trick but just wanted to point out the covering of the card every so often and that in its self will give people the excuse to pull you down about it.

But one thing that is totally stupid and which you have now lost my respect for, is blatantly flagging off Kam with both hands!! This should not to be posted so everyone else can see!! Plus the fact that Kam was only expressing he opinion!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Kamm has deserved a "flagging" for a long long time now...believe me, if I had more than 2 hands, I'd have used em'! But in Kamms defense, I do ask for it since I put it out there...so I only have me to blame...well...and Kamm but only for my own entertainment!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
State,

YES...I did care what you guys thought. I have heard what I needed to hear from those on here whom I respect.

They're are people DYING overseas right now and we sit here in the comfort of our neck of the woods and aruge about WAS IT A DF or not after I have said over and over that it wasn't!!! How truly sad!

We'll never agree b/c the ones who don't believe me (for whatever sick little reason) will never beilive me no matter what I say! So can we just move on?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
For those of you wondering, I have seen the second video of Lyles and I have talked to him privately about it. Lyle mentioned having trouble getting in and out of the snap change move. So I took the challenge and came up with a very simple and direct way to do so. Here is my solution. Hope this helps those wanting to try this change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNGIq28lxcA
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a private video and I can't watch it. Now I am more confused.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kammagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of kammagic
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 16:27, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is a private video and I can't watch it. Now I am more confused.

When I originally upload a video I make it private until I make it available for viewing. I removed the "private" feature when I posted the link. You may have tried to early.

, Jonathan
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Story of my life.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 15:59, kammagic wrote:
For those of you wondering, I have seen the second video of Lyles and I have talked to him privately about it. Lyle mentioned having trouble getting in and out of the snap change move. So I took the challenge and came up with a very simple and direct way to do so. Here is my solution. Hope this helps those wanting to try this change.

It's funny that he mentions that, and cites it as being the reason he started the first video with the card already in position, and yet in the second video there is absolutely NO trouble getting into position what so ever.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 14:42, Jay Buchanan wrote:
I liked it. I found it quite magical. If Christopher says it wasn't a DF, then I believe him... I have no reason not to.

Except that there is actually no reason TO believe him, besides the fact that he claims so, and yet every bit of visible evidence only points to the conclusion that it IS a DF.

This is based purely on observation of what we CAN see, and what he HAS shown us.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Hypothetically speaking, say I wanted to mess with magicians heads for a bit for fun.

Say I post a video of some impossible magic, and make claims about it, just to see magi speculate and scratch their heads.

My plan is to let them stew over it for a few days, or weeks, and then come clean. Good little laugh had by all. Small practical joke for magicians.

BUT, right away, they see right through to the true method, in spite of my claims.

Well, I look like an ass now. If I fess up, I look like a weeny for not only trying the joke, but for doing so in such a transparent attempt.

OR, I can stick to my guns, and forget about the joke, and eventually take the "high" road by refusing to humour others ridiculous arguments, as "I know it's real, so I don't have to prove my self to anyone" just to avoid having my joke fall flat.

Just an idea.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Of course, the longer it gets dragged out, the more of an ass I would look like.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 11:20, lylemagic wrote:
A friend of mine was taping me for the first video as with all my other footage. I was quick to try and end the battle by giving everyone the proof they felt they needed. It was after midnight and I had nobody to hold the camera and since I don't own a tripod I was trying to rig different things and grew tired of failing with it.

So I put the back end of the camera in my mouth and did the routine. I didn't know what the footage was of until after I hit stop as I can't see the footage.

I can tell ya that I don't really care what you guys think anymore...I have removed the footage from You Tube. Let's end this stupid thread and get back to something productive!

Oh, so you yourself saw the discrepancy and knew exactly that it would be viewed like this, and still thought it would work as proof otherwise? So you can't see when you're filming, obviously you could when you were done. Either way, you would be re-doing it, whether because you saw it while filming or after.

Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
I guess it's just not that big of deal to me...

If I choose to believe that it's not a DF, as he states, and he admits to pulling a fast one on me... what exactly is the consequence? It's just a magic trick...

I tend to believe, trust and see the good in people, until they give me reason not to. It has served me well for almost 40 years now. I would have absolutely no issues with having been "taken" on this one... if it ends up that way.

I mean... let's assume the MO is a DF and he lied about it this whole time... sounds a lot like what most magicians do everyday to laypeople... does it insult anyone here to be treated like a lay person?

Obviously this can be done with a DF... you could even seal it with an EC with backs up at the end to hide the DF. I'm pretty sure that Christopher Lyle knows this and could save himself a lot of time by just doing it this way. But he says he doesn't use a DF and I don't have any reason to doubt his word at this point.
If I am wrong, then he fooled me with his word... which would only happen once Smile
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
LOL, yes, there is nothing that you will gain or loose, it's true.

I personally, just like to know the truth. If you are going to make claims, the ONLY purpose claims like this serve (ie, un-gimmicked, clean, at the end, etc,) is to convey a truth to fellow magicians.

To make claims like this serves no other purpose what so ever. Laymen wouldn't even understand them. So clearly the pretence is very clear with saying things like this, so in that manner it is different than what we do with Laymen.

Now, as for your "fool me once" view, I completely agree, and I too am generally inclined to take people at their word. However, if everything I see only leads to a conclusion that contradicts their word, then, well, I am lead to think I may be being fooled.

The thing about the "fool me once" thinking is that it depends entirely on you KNOWING when you are fooled the first time. If you don't know that you were fooled once, you can bee fooled again and again and again, leaving your trust out there in someone who constantly abuses it.

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Is this why Dan Harlan was arrested?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 19:29, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Is this why Dan Harlan was arrested?

No, that was for trying to steal a cash register with $200 inside...afterwards, he was caught with his pants around his ankles lol....literally. Smile
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 15:59, kammagic wrote:

I actually liked the video Jonathan. Nice handling.

Scott

2 Days
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Check This Out... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL