We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Marlo on Erdnase (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
I've heard that Marlo wrote his comments about Erdnase, so it's neat to see that they are being published.

Also, it appears as though this book is going to be included with a special edition of Ackerman's Erdnase DVD set:

http://houdini.com/includes.cfm?page=flash/erdnase3.html
Daniel M. Carrico
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
Looks interesting thanks. It would be nice to see a review by Steve or Ron or Doc or Z or CC or someone who looks at it from the card table point of view rather than a magician's.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Tommy to be honest with you, Erdnase is too hard for me. I most likely will get these notes but as far as me sitting down and studying it, I won't. I try to study only that which gets the money, even if it's a center deal.

Thank you for even considering me.

Respectfully,

Doc
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Wow!

Thanks for the great news! Like all Erdnase fans I've been counting the days till this was released.

Does anyone know what the release date is (for the special DVD package)?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
The Marlo on Erdnase book is available now from Houdini's Magic. It retails for $29.95. I don't know when the Ackerman dvd's will be out. Have not heard yet.

I have the Marlo book but have not really gotten into it yet as I am now reading The Annotated Erdnase by Darwin Ortiz. After I finish Darwin's book I will start on the Marlo book.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I think waiting for the DVD/book/notes package with additional Erdnase history annotations from Richard Hatch and additional notes from other luminaries will be a worthy wait.

Is there really anybody here who won't be buying this DVD/book/notes package from Ackerman et al?

Even if you're not planning to personally learn every move on the discs, I'd think we we'd all be looking forward to actually seeing somebody on DVD perform EVERY SINGLE move from the book to perfection.

Steve Freeman doesn't do DVD's, and similar product to date has left lots of room for improvement.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
I'm looking forward to actually seeing *somebody* on DVD perform EVERY SINGLE move from the book to perfection. I don't know if Ackerman is my huckleberry I will have to wait an see. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2008-03-01 15:41, tommy wrote:
I'm looking forward to actually seeing *somebody* on DVD perform EVERY SINGLE move from the book to perfection. I don't know if Ackerman is my huckleberry I will have to wait an see. Smile

You will be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, Allan's fantastic. But it's unreasonable to expect ANYONE (Freeman, Jay, Ben, Ortiz, etc) to be able to do EVERYTHING to "perfection".

But I'm sure the set will be great, and Allan will do MANY of the moves beautifully!

Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Anyone heard anything about when Mike Caveney will be releasing the new edition of "Revelation" (Which I understand was Vernon's original choice for the title)?
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Hey Ben, we may have to put a small wager on that, I think Ackerman can do it all. Smile
.......perhaps a pitcher of Steam Whistle the next time I'm in TO.

I'd also lay that same wager on Steve Freeman, but without knowing if he's been practicing lately, I'd lay that bet for the Steve Freeman of the Vernon Revelations video era.

Don, I have an email dated November 13, 2006 from Mike Caveney in which he tells me that the book will be out "next year".
I'd expect we'll see it out soon.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Silver-
Deal. Let me know when your in town (by the way- I'm in NO WAY suggesting Allan isn't a top notch card worker. He is.) and I'll be happy to take your cash Smile

As far as Revelation goes. I heard November.

Of '07.

DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Thanks Silver and Ben, I feel like one of Pavlov's dogs every time I hear about either of these projects, I start salivating:D

Ben, I agree that it might be asking a lot to expect Mr. Ackerman to be able to perform every move in Erdnase perfectly at a moment's notice, But the DVDs may still look very good. Given the time and care that has been lavished on the production of these DVDs, I'm thinking we might in fact see what appears to be flawless execution of all the moves. This being a teaching video, it would be a legitimate use of the editing process to select the best "take" of each move, both for demonstration and explanation.

If Wesley James had followed that practice for his set, re-shooting each move until it was right, he might have taken a lot less criticism than he did. (Of course, Mr. James may not have been the one making the editing and production decisions on his set)

Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
Here is another opinion on this:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jHw57ulYR4E
bwalendziak
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
78 Posts

Profile of bwalendziak
Quote:
On 2008-03-01 17:34, DStachowiak wrote:
Anyone heard anything about when Mike Caveney will be releasing the new edition of "Revelation" (Which I understand was Vernon's original choice for the title)?

I emailed Mike Caveney last week about it and he was hoping for July. Almost a year later than he had hoped. He said the pictures of Vernon add a lot to the book. I for one can't wait for this to be released.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Don,

I would bet my right arm that Allan's set will be great. No question in my mind. But to be able to do EVERYTHING PERFECTLY? No chance. No one on this planet could do it, unless they devote the majority of their time to learning it. And we know Allan hasn't- he's spent his time studying card magic in general (the man's an encyclopedia!).

But, it will be great.

And, so will Revelation.

Ben

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ideally I would chose Steve Forty and Ricky Jay to do this project. Forte to deal with the Artifice section, not only dealing with then but bringing us up to date and Jay to deal with the Legerdemain section likewise. In their way they already have I guess. But that would make a cool two part book and DVD set. What Forte has which Erdnase had and which magicians do not have it seems to me is the insight of the card table. Erdnase is so much more than just mechanics.

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I am anxious to see the d.v.d.'s as well and That is very good news about Revelations! I had just asking a question about this book yesterday. I missed out on buying it years ago. I was a young dumb kid at that time. Now I am sorry I missed out. But now it looks like I won't be missing out for long!

Randy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
Revelations is not much more than EACT with a few notes from Vernon, which is neat, but nothing too exiting.

Tommy
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Apparently the new version is greatly expanded.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Marlo on Erdnase (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL