We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Marlo on Erdnase (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Stepanov, I'll be sure to use your full name.

Now I understand you. Don't apologize for your bad English...just remember you might have to put up with some confusion. I participate in some German internet forums, and I often have to explain what I REALLY meant.

I still don't know what you mean by "Nobody stolen my Erdnase quiz."

Jeff
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey stepanov,

While it's not a double-turnover (turning the double over onto the deck) it IS a double-lift (lifting two cards up to be displayed as one).

"Take the second selected card from the left hand into the right, seizing it by the ends, and depositing [the] palmed card on top of it. Hold closely together and SHOW AS ONE CARD to the company on the right. The right hand now contains TWO CARDS."

If we consider the description in Neve's book as the first mention of a double-lift, then this is an EASY call- it's a double.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Quote:
I still don't know what you mean by "Nobody stolen my Erdnase quiz."

In Russia still not translated Erdnase. I am the first man who made it and I suppose publishing my translation. But. I have three big problems: language, old language and cheating information (Russian cheating theory little differ with English). I like Erdnase and do not want made First Bad Translation. I made draft 3 years ago, but still search errors. For this I do special things like comunication with foreigners, writing parts of my translaion on magazines (to get emproves from readers) and one of idea - made quiz on Erdnase. But my quiz not to show huw much I know, but get opinion from another peoples. Some of my questions not correct, because I do not understand what I read. But I am fast delete that questions. Smile

Here I read that Mr. J Wesmiller find his Erdnase Quiz on another book without his name. On Russia we have sentence "Best respect to author - stole his words". And I wrote to him "I envy. Nobody stolen my Erdnase quiz." This is joke. It means his quiz better than my. Of course, on understanding of another peoples. I suppose my quiz best, like all peoples suppose about children. Smile
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Hi, Ben.

Quote:
While it's not a double-turnover (turning the double over onto the deck) it IS a double-lift (lifting two cards up to be displayed as one).

"Take the second selected card from the left hand into the right, seizing it by the ends, and depositing [the] palmed card on top of it. Hold closely together and SHOW AS ONE CARD to the company on the right. The right hand now contains TWO CARDS."

If we consider the description in Neve's book as the first mention of a double-lift, then this is an EASY call- it's a double.

Unfortunatelly I can not dissagree with you, because this is not my language. Any time we can get situation where I do not correct understand one letter, or one of meaning of word.

We should find things what we agree and sure that we mean same.

Do you agree on Erdnase there are situation when one card palmed on right hand and pack with second card on left hand?

Do you know anyone book from 1930 to 1970 where somebody talk about doule lift and there is situation when on right hand palmed one card and pack with second card on left hand?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Stepnov,

As usual I would LOVE to chat with you about it, and as usual I have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

:)

PM me and we can chat. By the way, I have some interesting info regarding something you and I spoke about before.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Brrrrrr. I should apologize. Of sourse I was not correct. Smile)) Quiz - not for me. Smile

Thanks Ben for lesson on English.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
Step can’t you write in Russian and then use this to translate what you have written to English?

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Tommy, babelfish is meant well, but is utter crap. Take any phrase, translate it into another language and then back again, and you'll see it doesn't work.

I'll pick a phrase at random (well, not completely):

"What we have here is failure to communicate."

I translated into German and then back again and got:

"Which we have here, is to be been located to disturbance in connection."

I only picked German so that I could check the translation in both directions.

But the phrase translated into Russian and back is:

"we have here will with refusal connect"

Actually, it's a lot of fun! But it doesn't help communication any.
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Dear Mr. To,

Babelfish.altavista.com is good program and not only one what I use, but, please, believe me, all what I write here 2 times more correct. If I use babelfish you will understand nothing. For me not difficult write easy sentences. we get problems when I try explain something deep and special. For example, problem with question about Double Lift for me was because it was SPECIAL question. It was special made that peoples can not find answer easy and I was catched by this trap.

Please, very much apologize for my problems. I am really interesting Marlo and Erdnase what made me ask questions on this Forum.

P.S. On Russian not all peoples understand me too. Smile
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 11:27, Stepanov wrote:

That's great. I love this guy!

CC
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
681 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
Quote:
On 2008-03-20 22:03, J Wessmiller wrote:
anyone know who I should contact?

Uh... let's see. How about... Marlo? Oh, no... he's dead... Maybe Erdnase? Hm, dead too (I assume). In that case... the author?!

Hope this helps!
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
Quote:
Uh... let's see. How about... Marlo? Oh, no... he's dead... Maybe Erdnase? Hm, dead too (I assume). In that case... the author?!

Lol, thanks for the laugh Denis. I don't even know why I asked that. I guess nothing can really be done anyway because I also posted it on the Genii forums which make it public domain. I just wanted to complain and vent I guess.

Be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
A Trivial Pursuit.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2008-03-22 11:27, Stepanov wrote:

Mr Stepanov, your writing is more clear than much of what English speakers write on this forum.
tjo'
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15988 Posts

Profile of tommy
You think so eh

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Marlo on Erdnase (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL