The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The First Cup Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
This is sounding good!

Day 4
"But there isn't a door"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have only seen photographs of the "Vernon" wands. They were made by a fellow I know who lives in Las Vegas. He's quite a mechanic -- that is, he works on mechanical devices, not a card mechanic. Carl Williams is his name.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Carl Williams lives here in Los Angeles. Saw him Sunday and he's so busy he can hardly get a free minute. He was one of the designers of the Stealth Bomber, FYI.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
I want to throw this out there. Is there any good web people that would be welling to give up some of there time any help build a feeler site?

The site would be to collect info to see if we can get this thing off the ground.

I can do a little web work, but no where near what would be needed to do for this site.

Thanks a lot,
Sean

Please PM me if you can help.
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2008-03-04 01:03, lint wrote:
I'd love to attend, but I have this annoying fear of flying Smile

-Todd Paoletti

We will just have to have a West Coast Gathering then...

RevJohn
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Yeah, we should have a West Coast gathering at the Castle. Can I get in since I'm under 21?

If there is an international cups and balls convention, how much will it cost to attend?
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
OK everybody - lets give this idea a place to grow.

It is too late for this year, but what about a Cups and Balls Symposium at the 2009 World Magic Seminar? I am willing to devote resources to a mini symposium during one afternoon in the schedule. I have asked Pete Biro and Bill Palmer to start developing the program. Both are excited at the prospect of doing this. We should be able to bring in some key performers and dealers within the greater context of the WMS and also to provide any necessary technical enhancements for better viewing. Doing the specialized symposium within the greater convention will help "dilute" the cost since one is also attending the convention (how's that for rationalization?). If this proves worthwhile then the core program can be repeated by others on either coast or elsewhere. Make your calendars for February 22-25, 2009. Now, lets make it happen.

Bill (the other one) Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Let's not forget the most important part of the seminar Bill, bowling! If it happens, I say Palmer has to produce a bowling ball as a final load.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Depending on which Bill you are referring to, we would probably need a red hat in order to do it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Glad you posted this, as I wasn't sure "when" you wanted the word out.

I have a guy about to do my new website and mayber we can use it. Will be getting it up and about 3-4 weeks. The url will be petebiromagic.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sorry Pete, the ball is already rolling. The name http://www.cupscon.com has already been created and a forum is in the process of being built. Depending on server DNS changes, it should be up and running in a day or so.

Just go to the link I posted, and if it works go ahead and register. There are three categories at the moment: General Discussion, Convention Goers, and Dealer's Room. More can be added as this thing grows.

Let's do this!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Dave,

when I click on your link I get pages about kitchen ware. Any suggestions?

Day 4
"But there isn't a door"
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Wait a day or so and try again. What you're seeing is the generic "Under Construction" page from the ISP.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Tom,

you went to cupcon not

http://www.cupscon.com

It will be up in the day or two.

Sean
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Wow folks! That was quick.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Actually, Tom went to the right address. When the server saw the name "cups" it guessed some alternate product links and tried to sell him coffee cups.

Sean's right though. Give it a day to propogate before the direct link is fully active.
Don Sautter
View Profile
New user
Arizona
58 Posts

Profile of Don Sautter
Seems to be up now - I was even able to register.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Strange... you got in before even I can get in, and it's my site! I guess I'll wait a bit longer.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I thought he meant register for the convention! I too signed up for the site. Will keep checking back when there is more to talk about.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Good start. Now you need to pick a time and place. Maybe find a hotel near an airport with meeting rooms, etc. That way guys can fly in and not need to rent a car to get there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The First Cup Convention (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL