The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Effect with band-aids - help?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
841 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Around 10 maybe 12 years ago, I used to do a routine with a spectator where signed band aids would transpose, while, I think, apparently on the body of the spec. I think this sounds like it could have been Gary Kurtz... I'm trying to track it down again. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
Not one I know of, but it sounds really neat.
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've seen this, but I don't remember who published it. I don't remember them being on the spectator, more like a bandaid jumping from finger to finger something akin to a thimble routine.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Suzanne, a student to Al Schneider does a great version.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Sounds like a Joe Givan effect, called "Faith Healing." You write your initials on the pad of a band-air and stick it on a spectator's hand, you have the spectator write their name on a band-air and stick it on your forehead. Do the hoodoo, and when you take the band-aids off, you have the one she stuck to her hand, and she has yours. Essentially it's a Copper/Silver routine. He lectured at LVMI a few years ago and included this.

Later, I found that there's a variation in Magic Man Examiner #2 (good luck tracking that down!)
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
As it happens, I have MME2 within reach of my computer. Let me check...

Yes, it's there. Kenner titled his "Blood Transfusion" and credits Joe Givan with the core effect. In Kenner's version the magician writes the name of the volunteer on her bandage and sticks it to her forehead. After you tell whatever gruesome story you have to explain the bandage on your own head, you proceed to remove yours to reveal her name, and when she removes hers, her name is gone but a blood stain is in it's place.

This was published in 1991
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
841 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Thanks for that.. I think it would have been the Joe Givan one I picked up on.. I remember seeing him lecture in the UK, and it was very likely in his lecture notes.................Which I should have somewhere....The only Chris Kenner publication I would have had at that time would have been "Out of Control", and I already checked that it's not in there.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
841 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've just come across a podcast (the Magic Word - I think it was) with Suzanne performing this at the Magic Castle. (as referred to by Pete Biro, above). I'd forgotten all about it (again) till now. So - I think I have a VHS with Joe Givan...
Just thought I'd bring this thread up to date.. Smile
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3509 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Suzanne fooled Penn and Teller with her clever additions and presentation to this routine by Joe Givan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Effect with band-aids - help?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL