The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Flashbulb in glass cup, anyone own this, or know were to buy it ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Will L.
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Will L.
Effect: A camera mini flashbulb is placed into a glass cup, and at gesture of magician the bulb flashes.

It was years ago when I saw it advertised, I would like to buy one, but don't know who sells it, anyone own, or know were to buy this effect ?

Any info would be appreciated !
Todays The Day.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That was a Collectors Workshop item in the early 90's

Even if you find one, the problem is that it requires a certain type of bulb that isn't readily available anymore. I'm looking through the http://www.vikingmagic.com website and I haven't come across it yet.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Will L.
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Will L.
Thanks Dave, Online I found a simular item called flashburst, it must use a more standard flash probably the ones in disposable cameras.
Todays The Day.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I have had one for years, I don't use it anymore. In good condition. PM me.
Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2602 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
One was just on ebay.

s
Will L.
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Will L.
Thanks sponge,
Tommyj has told me about the apparatus that used the large flashbulbs, and the bulky gimmick, I'm going to try to find something that uses the newer flashbulbs. In the time being I think I will disassemble my disposable camera and study the gadgets..
Todays The Day.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
That's the direction I went when I experimented with this years ago. I found a small electronic flash unit that was small enough to be finger palmed and simply used that. The "kicker" is the switch from a fresh bulb to a burnt out one. That's what sells the routine, so one way or another you'll have to have some glass bulbs just for props if nothing else.

Be careful tearing a disposable camera apart. I hear it can give you quite a jolt. In fact, I've seen articles online about making an improvised "taser" out of a disposable camera flash.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Flashbulb in glass cup, anyone own this, or know were to buy it ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL