The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'll have a doughnut and a large latte » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

How_Soon_Is_Now
View Profile
New user
Israel
58 Posts

Profile of How_Soon_Is_Now
Hello all!

My name is Eli, I'm a 29 year old amateur.

I had a strong interest in magic at childhood through to early teens. Back then I gobbled all magic material I could find. That included kiddy magic sets, children magic corners in newspapers, viewing every magic show there was on television, and scavenging though bookstores for the few foreign books about magic I could find (Much of my knowledge in classic magic stems from what I’ve learned those years).

My interest in magic was rekindled about three years ago when I visited the States. I found Wilson's book as well as the many excellent Dover books on magic in the large bookstores. Later on the trip I got to Al's shop in Washington where I purchased Royal Road, ECT and the two first Goibbi books.

When I got back home, those kept me busy for a long time.

Later on, I got some Lorayne and Marlo books, and afterwards the infamous Ammar tapes as well as Ortiz's books.

In the past year I have also become interested in mentalism. I especially like the "con angle" in mentalism - as in switches, miscalls, double talk, and clever “stationery” ideas.

I have full time work as an engineer, and have no plans for becoming professional. My audience includes friends, family and co-workers (If there is one thing I don't like about such small audiences is that they don't allow for many great mentalism effects that require large groups for the effect to succeed properly).

In a book versus video discussion - I'll always go for the book, though there are times when a video can succeed where a book can't (a slight you misread, or timing for misdirection). I think that in a way a good video could be the closest thing to what a personal mentor is.

Presentation – I prefer working through every detail before presenting an effect. I don’t like to improvise anything. I will work on the wording, the pauses between words and even my facial expressions. Perhaps this is overkill, but as this is my hobby – and that’s the way I enjoy it.

Well, I think my coffee is getting cold. See you round the corner,

Eli A.
"I know your trail of tears, your slip of hand/ Your monkey paw, your monkey claw/ And you monkey hand/ I've seen your trick of blood, your trap of fire/ Your ancient wound, your scarlet moon/ And your jailhouse smile" - Cave
Merlyn of 8
View Profile
Regular user
Massachusetts U.S.A.
147 Posts

Profile of Merlyn of 8
Hello and welcome Eli,
You have found the best magic site on the net, and there are many good people to help us along, visit often and enjoy your visits!
Smile Smile
Cheers,

Thomas Cleveland

"Life is a jurney,enjoy the jurney"
funmagic
View Profile
New user
Patrick Cordier
29 Posts

Profile of funmagic
Welcome Eli if you have an interest in Magic you will discover you have friends wherever you go and the best friends are found right here in the Magic Cafe, so drink up and enjoy the company.
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Welcome Eli: We already have one of your Countrymen at the Mentalists' table, so come on over, pull up a chair and let's "Talk." The table is the one in the corner by the window under the sign that says "A Penney For Your Thoughts," but I sensed you already knew that. Smile
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Welcome Eli, it sounds like your passion for magic is very strong. I know you will be a great contributor to the Cafe Smile

Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hello Eli,
so nice to have you join our magic family!
Welcome to The Magic Cafe!
Smile Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
Welcome to the Cafe... I would offer you a Smile but you seem to already have one, The Cafe is the best place on the net for magic and since you like some of the older stuff you may want to go pull up a chair at Oldies....but goodies, or Penny for your thoughts the mentalist table.
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome Eli

You will need to get that coffee warmer to open on the front of your computer,
(some people use them for CDROMS, but they hold your cup nicely, and with all of the heat in the computer, coffee stays quite warm Smile)

Anyway, that may (OR MAY NOT) keep your coffee warm while you post and read all that is here.

Nice to have you join us.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
craig fothers
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of craig fothers
welcome! Smile
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
G'day Eli, another mentalist is always welcome and there are even a few Cafe regulars who like card tricks.
Look forward to your input. Smile
(I put that, because I could not find an upside down one and I'm from downunder).
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Shalom, Eli!

Welcome to the Magic Cafe. This is truly a wonderful site. I know you will enjoy the time you spend here.

-Marty
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Eli.
Speaking from experience, when you get bitten by the magic bug the SECOND time, it's for life!
I'm sure you'll enjoy your visits here.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
You got it.
Smile Smile

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Welcome to the CAFE!!!!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Hi Eli! Smile

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

Come on in and join our party! Smile

:bigdance: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Mya Smile

Great to have you here. Smile
Come by often. Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Eli,
You are totally mistaken!!! After all those efforts and investment on magic, you can NOT stay as an amateur. But you can be a non-profit professional. I am a really good mentalist and I have never failed... Wait and see... I can not predict the time but you are on the way.
Wanna bet about this??? (If I were you I would not dare it especially with Tora/The prince of Magic)
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I'll have a doughnut and a large latte » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL