The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel material with standard props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
Would anyone be willing to share (or at least point me in the right direction where I could find) the Gospel patter using standard props? I have tons of effects I used to do during stage shows, and I am now wanting to bring the Word as well. Thanks for the responses.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2234 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Greater Gospel Magic by Duane Laflin is the best single text there is.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Greetings, ptigue. Welcome to The Magic Café!

You may want to also check http://www.fcm.org The Fellowship of Christian Magicians is an organization that does just that very thing. There are resources there that can help you, too. They have a few articles and a new forum with a few ideas already listed there.

You can also do a search on the Café in The Good News forum and Fellowship Of Christian Magicians forum for lots of ideas. There is a wealth of information already here, you'll just have to spend some effort looking for the exact prop/message. It's a good place to start. If you don't find what you are looking for in your search (gospel books, how to write gospel patter for standard effects, etc.) then just ask.

Welcome again!
Joe
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Quote:
On 2008-03-07 08:22, Ken Northridge wrote:
Greater Gospel Magic by Duane Laflin is the best single text there is.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com

I was just speaking to Duane a couple weeks ago, and it seems that GGM is OOP (out of print). Apparently, it has been for awhile. It's an awesome book if you can catch it on eBay or elsewhere. (Duane said he heard one went on eBay for about $300!) He has many other great resources on the Lock website (his daughter, Rebecca Lock, runs the store now). There are also routines usually included in the free email newsletter, so be sure to sign up for that.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I would be willing to help if you want it...99% of my props are all professional level equipment, and then I add my own Gospel presentation to them. So, let me know if I can help.
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Michael - Do you know if Duane has any plans to reprint GGM? I would love to get it, but I definitely can't afford $300...Smile
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hey, Terry, when is your book coming out? Smile
Ever thought about compiling your effects and your personalized presentations?
I kind of do the same thing with various effects that are not marketed as gospel illusions.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
MarD,
I don't know if there are any plans for a reprint. They may if enough interest was there. You might try contacting them and letting them know you're interested. (Cool lookin' shirts!)

Don't forget Spiritual Applications for Tarbell, people. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
I would definitely be interested in it! I think that a lot of other people would, as well. I've heard nothing but good about it, and I haven't heard of too many other books like it or of any that deals so thoroughly with the subject.

Thanks for checkin' out my shirts. I just found out that we will be able to start doing banners next week! Smile

Mike
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Hey, GlenD...I actually have thought of putting a book together. I have a lot to draw from...I could go to the same place 5 days a week for 4 weeks and not repeat the same material. Because much of what I was doing was repeat work for churches, I had to build that kind of repertoire.

I may have to work on that...thanks for the encouragement.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1297 Posts

Profile of GlenD
That's impressive, and you're welcome!
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Terry, I second GlenD's comment. There's a market for a new DVD teaching gospel messages with standard magic props. With as much material as you already have, you probably could put out a 2 or 3 DVD set. I'd purchase it.

So there's two votes for you publishing your works... Any others?
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
Of course, mine. I asked the original question! HA!
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Add my vote! Smile
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Gee, fellows... Well, that may just be something I can pull off. Just finished an Upwards Banquet last night, and we believe 75 came forward to receive Christ!!! And the church where I was at also has a TV station. Sooooo, maybe I can work a deal with them to do a DVD...I'll keep you posted.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Terry,
I would be interested in anything you put out. I'm currently reading GGM for the first time (I know that as soon as I finish it, I'll just start reading it again), and I would love to have many more books, DVDs, magazines, and anything on the subject. Smile Any suggestions, guys? I know there is a book that gives Gospel presentations for all of effects in Tarbell, so would not having Tarbell make this book hard to understand?

I found out that there is a FCM chapter that meets less then 2 hours from my home, and I plan on joining ASAP.

Also, does anyone know if there is anything on using doves in a Gospel presentation?

Day 11
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
If GGM is out of print, do you know where I can find it without taking out a second mortgage?
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
You could try looking in the "Let's make a deal" area of the Café. That's where I found my copy. You can post a want ad and look to see if anyone has a copy up for sell. Other than that, I think a copy shows up on eBay every now and then.

Hope this helps.

Day 11
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
There are quite a few books out there that teach how to present gospel magic with standard props. I have about 10-15 books in my personal library.

I can look up some titles if that will help you.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
ptigue
View Profile
New user
Alabama
95 Posts

Profile of ptigue
Please.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel material with standard props (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL