The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Wild’s Remarkable Card Magic DVD set (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The talented Mr. Wild has a new set out:
http://www.LLPUB.COM

VOLUME 1
THE UNFOLDING DECK – A very funny opener with a special deck of cards that unfolds itself to introduce the performer.

DOUBLE REVELATION – A super feat of memorization in which the performer guesses the two missing cards from the deck.

THE IDEAL EFFECT – The perfect pick-a-card routine performed under the most extreme conditions possible.

PEEK SANDWICH – A very clean sandwich routine with a thought-of card with the spectator doing everything from start to finish!

CONCEPTS OF THE BORIS WILD MARKED DECK – A detailed explanation of the system used for the BW Marked Deck including many tips, advice and information on how to use it.

BASIC APPLICATIONS WITH THE BW MARKED DECK – An explanation of simple effects using the BW Marked Deck.

THE BW MARKED DECK AS A SAFETY NET – An explanation of how the marked deck can save your life under real-world conditions.

TIPS ON THE CULL – An explanation of how to master the Cull and get the most out of this powerful technique.

THE REVELATION PASS – A very visual way to reveal a chosen card.

MIDDLE FAN RISE – A completely impromptu rising card technique.

NOT THAT DRUNK – A very nice Triumph routine in which the cheater is not as drunk as he pretends to be as he produces the four Aces.

THE WSB PRINCIPLE – A new way to make sticky cards and simple applications using this principle.

WILD MONTE – A very visual and commercial Three-Card Monte routine in which the back of the money card changes color throughout the game.

SKYLINER – A modern and super-clean revelation in mid-air of a thought-of card using a mind scanner.

MIRACOLOR – A color-changing deck routine with several unexpected transformations and a kicker climax!

VOLUME 2
INEXPLICABLE – A totally impossible prediction effect performed under the most drastic conditions.

MADE FOR EACH OTHER – A lovely routine in which the performer and a lady both pick a card of the same color and same value, ending with a heart-to-heart revelation.

DOUBLE PERSONALITY – A magical mirror between the performer and a spectator allows the creation of a very clean and impossible coincidence.

THE BIKINI DECK / MISS BIKINI – A funny and entertaining routine that elects the winner of the “Miss Bikini” contest! Includes an explanation of the Bikini Deck and its incredible hidden features.

TIPS ON THE INVISIBLE DECK – Ways to improve the Ultra-Mental or Invisible Deck.

THE KISS COUNT – A visual and smooth technique that replaces the Flushtration Count.

KISS COUNT SEQUENCE – A short sequence to music in which the Kiss Count is performed with many objects (cards, envelopes, pictures, dominoes, CDs, etc.)

COLOR KISS – A very visual and colorful introduction with jumbo cards and silks.

TRAVELING KISS – A romantic routine in which a lady’s kiss travels onto a signed playing card.

WILD-DEUCE-INATION – A quick effect where four Kings become four Aces. Based on Brother John Hamman’s classic trick.

SIGNED ASSEMBLY – Four signed cards disappear, reappear and travel in the performer’s hands and finally get together for an unexpected climax.

WILD WILD CARD – A multi-phase routine that combines Triumph, All Back and Wild Card with a visual ending to music and a kicker that’s a real fooler!

Bonus: THE KISS ACT (performance only) – Boris Wild’s FISM award-winning act.

VOLUME 3
SIZE DOES MATTER – A very visual and funny opener with different-sized card boxes and decks.

MIRACLE! – Any Card At Any Number under the most perfect conditions.

PURE TELEPATHY – A very pure card revelation set to music, considered by many international experts to be “one of the most beautiful and theatrical card revelations in the world.”

THE BORIS WILD MEMORIZED DECK – An explanation of the BW Memorized Deck which anybody can learn in just a few minutes.

EASY APPLICATIONS WITH THE BW MEMORIZED DECK – Quick and simple ways to practice the BW Memorized Deck.

THE GRAVITY SHUFFLE – A very convincing full-deck false shuffle with many subtleties.

VERY WILD! – An eye-popping effect in which four spot cards turn into four Aces in a most visual way.

WPT (WILD POKER TRICK) – The new and improved version of Very Wild! in which five junk cards metamorphose into a Royal Flush at the speed of light. A real fooler!

TRIUMPHAL MESS – A classic Triumph routine with a French touch along with several devious subtleties.

DOUBLE PERSONALITY 2 – The magical mirror strikes back! Not only does it create an amazing coincidence between the performer and the spectator but the cards mysteriously fly through this imaginary mirror for a surprising climax.

MINDBUSTER VIDEO – A great routine with modern technology in which the performer predicts the DVD of the movie a spectator wants to watch.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Thanks for the heads up on this one, I like his KISS count and his marked deck. Will have to send in for this one soon. Looks like a good set.

AT
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Boris is a real thinker. His marketetd products are wonderful, so I think this set will have allot of GEMS on it.

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
A really fun shoot! Two things stand out. One, you will see marked deck routines which audiences can't believe are even possible through marked deckery. Two, you will see Boris truly connect with his audience on a truly human level... and do so with a deck of cards.

I'm still put off that Boris turned down my first choice for a title. "Boris Gone Wild". Smile Sorry, that's an inside joke.

All kidding aside, on these DVDs you will see what is possible in the way of performance with a deck of cards!
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I had previously only been familiar with Boris Wild through his incredible marked deck, then I saw him at a convention this past summer and was truly amazed at the scope and variety of items he presented. His Wild Monte is definitely a worker. I'll have to pick these up when I can afford to. I'm going to go away now and curse April 15th.
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Just saw the trailer of this dvd.. very nice indeed.. I'm going to add this to my wish list..

cheers,

kent
boris
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of boris
Thank you for your kind words.

Special message to my good friend Tom Cutts: Thanks again for suggesting the title "Boris Wild's Remarkable Card Magic". Yes, I turned down your first choice "Boris Gone Wild" as I do not want to appear in the commercials you watch late on cable TV!!! Smile

More seriously, I have just received the first boxed-sets. The packaging is beautiful and the technical quality is great as always with L&L Publishing. Now I just hope everybody will enjoy the contents too!!! All the best I have created for the past ten years is there during 7 hours and 37 minutes!

Boris Wild
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
TOPS Magic has the set ( only $69.95 and free shipping):
http://www.topsmagic.com/topshop/product......_id=6499

The trailer looks good. Boris has a charming performance style.

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2008-03-16 13:55, boris wrote:
Thank you for your kind words.

Special message to my good friend Tom Cutts: Thanks again for suggesting the title "Boris Wild's Remarkable Card Magic". Yes, I turned down your first choice "Boris Gone Wild" as I do not want to appear in the commercials you watch late on cable TV!!! Smile

More seriously, I have just received the first boxed-sets. The packaging is beautiful and the technical quality is great as always with L&L Publishing. Now I just hope everybody will enjoy the contents too!!! All the best I have created for the past ten years is there during 7 hours and 37 minutes!

Boris Wild

Any comments on this set??
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Quote:
TOPS Magic has the set ( only $69.95 and free shipping):

The trailer looks good. Boris has a charming performance style.

One question, Chris: Are all those effects performed with Mr. Wild's marked deck? Or are there also effects that he performs with a regular deck?

Thanks in advance,
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Ok, never mind, I found out already...
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, I'm just getting around to watching these. There is an enormous amount of fantatstic, commercial card magic on these DVD's.

I'll list GEMS I have found later.

Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I brought the DVD set from Ebay for $70, then I see people selling them off for $65. Penguin is now selling at $75 and makes me wonder why? Is it a bad investment?

I paid for mine last night which means I have not received it yet. Also, I ordered Boris marked deck. Hopefully I get something out of this whole thing. Money is always flying out of my pocket.

Have fun Folks
Keith
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I loved watching Boris work, especially his marked deck work. I don't have this dvd set but wish they had done a stand alone marked deck dvd.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have not seen this DVD set, but, I have seen Boris perform live and he is amazing. I use his marked deck and its the best I have seen, very clever system. sure.

Mats
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Madkiki, Penguin's prices are almost always pretty low. Has nothing to do with the quality of the product. And people who sell them for less are just trying to beat the competition.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cameron is on the money. TOPS Magic has the set for less than Penguin and free shipping:

Competition helps the consumer. The pricing is not reflective of the set as I'm enjoying watching Boris perform and believe this will eb a popular set. He's a marvelous performer.

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I have just finished watching vol. 1 and 3. Watching vol. 2 tomorrow and so far I have to say that this is very nice set. I would allmost say that the best L&L has come up in recent year or two. In my opinion lot better than Bill Malones new set for example. Lots of commercial material and practical material, but as most have guessed, with marked deck.

Its also worth mentioning that the set is allmost 8 hour long. It could have easily been made to 4 or 5 DVD set.

The main problem for me was that I don't wanna carry with me a 20euro marked deck just to be able to do these effects... Boris Wild marked deck is extremely good and I have to admit that I had misunderstood some of the strenghts in Wild system from the basic instructions that came with the deck. It allows you to do some sick stuff. However, luckily for me, my own marking system that was developed about 2 years ago to be cheaper alternative for Wild deck, allows me to do most of the stuff from this set as well and it doesn't cost me a fortune if someone spills beer on my cards.

I had much more for my money in this dvd set allready that I bargained =)

Highly recommended
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Boris is a wonderful magician and a heck of a nice guy. I spent a little time with him last year and found him delightful and while I've not yet watched this DVD set (I have it) I did see him perform and he was outstanding.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Ok, now I have the 3-DVD set and finally watch the whole 7 hours. Boris Wild loves to talk a lot, so I missed most of what was going on. His visual demonstration was not that good, because most of what he does is talk to the point where the props are not even there. It was a challenge to keep my eyes open, when you can't hear what is being said.

Now what I would like to know is, Boris Wild MD Book, does this book cover the routines on the 3-DVD set? I am hoping that if I get the book then I will know what was going on the 3-DVD set.

Another thing, "Size Does Not Matter" was a very simple routine on the 3-DVD set, but when he pulls out a Regular Size Bike deck from the jumbo box, pulls out the regular size cards from that box, and then sets the box down which turns out to be a mini-size box. "HOW?" The "Explaination" on this routine does not visually show how that was done, if he explains it by verbalizing it then that is not fair to me who is deaf. I am aware we are not supposed to share "HOW" things were done, but be fair about this, I did not hear a word on what he said and visually he did not show that one step.

One last thing: where can I get a Giant Bicycle card box? I know where to get the Jumbo size box, but what about the Giant size box?

Please help me out here, PM me if necessary
Thanks
Keith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Wild’s Remarkable Card Magic DVD set (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL