The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Printing Postcards and more (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I've mentioned this before, but for a quick and easy mailing try click2mail.com. They work with the post office to mail. The card stock used is about 100lbs and the printing appears to be done on a high end laser printer. However, you can design a postcard and mail it out to any size list you want. The price per card remains the same. I believe the cards are .23 for one-sided full-color.

All you need to do is upload the design file and then upload your mailing list. The rest is automatic. In a few days the cards are printed and mailed for you.

Again, this is not the quality of high end printer, but if designed correctly, they can look very good, and for many applications they work just fine. And if you have a small list of 50 or 60, you can design the card just for them and mail it out.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Kevin Viner
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, CA
203 Posts

Profile of Kevin Viner
I use http://www.overnightprints.com as well . . .great quality and turnaround time.
tparrett62
View Profile
Regular user
New York
171 Posts

Profile of tparrett62
For postcards, I've been very happy with Overnightprints. Their turnaround is quick and as Kyle stated, their delivery time is excellent. I do find that you can still smell the ink when you open the box, which is kind of odd.

For posters and other printing, I've gone with Zooprinting.com and have not been quite as happy. I've done 5 jobs with them and have experienced substantial delays with 2 of the 5. Unfortunately, their quality is excellent, as is their pricing, so until I find someone who can compete, I'll probably have to stick with them and their not-so-spectacular service.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
969 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Overnightprints.com

Wonderful service, high quality product, excellent prices.
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
I have used Vistaprint for both business cards and post cards. The post cards I have been very happy with but the business cards were not of the highest quality and you can't get double sided printing with them either. I just checked out Overnightprints and designed a new business card, that is double sided, and placed an order with them. Their prices were really good and I am anxious to see the quality of the product. Thanks for the lead.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Alcorn,

You will really be happy with what you receive from overnightprints.com. I have used them for nyself as well as for all the design work I do for my design clients and they have not let me down yet. This is over hundreds of design jobs I have sent their way. I have used many places in the past but they seem to always be on the ball with customer service, great quality, great turn around times and the card stock they use is really great. Let me know how your new cards turn out.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I've used Vista Print for the last couple of years and have had no problems with them. The quality has been great and the prices very good. The only thing that gets a bit annoying is the constant e-mail special offers I get. I think I get 2 or 3 a week.

Thanks,
Richard
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Have folks found the standard size, or oversized postcards more/less effective?

Much thanks,
Tod Torrent
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Tod,

I usually use the standard size postcards it cost less to send them as well..... This makes a big difference when you are sending out 3000 a month....
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I use Vista Print and order the "free" postcards (and these are not the ones with the vistaprint logo on the back Smile ) That gets you 100 at a time for a little over $6. I then just reorder them however many times I need to to get the number of cards I want. I use this as I change my cards almost every mailing to say something different depending on when I send them out.

I have never had any trouble with them - of course, your credit card company may call and wonder why your card was just charged $6 20 times in a row!

Chad
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
"...sending out 3000 postcards a month...."

That's a lot of lead generation, Curtis. Wow!

Is that an average month, or just a maximum number you hit certain months of the year?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Well Dondald it depends.... Some months are better than others.

I usually obtain a wedding list and that has about 5 to 15 thousand people on it with budgets above $50,000. Plus I have different list for past clients, people I met at events etc... I would say I mail out about 50,000 a year including promo packets....
I mail postcards to casting directors and production companies and agents in HOLLYwood and that list is about 1900 alone in LA.
But some months I am lazy and don't do any... and some months I do all the list....
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks for being so open!

All I can say is I'm impressed!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Well, I truly believe in postcards. I have recieved so many gigs or made so many great contacts from them.

This business is all about contacts.... Keep them and they will grow... Well you need to water them at times too.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
What's your typical response rate, Curtis?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
P.s.
You should see the list I got my magic hands on last week!... OMG it would make a anyone flip-out....
It is a list of all the A list and corporate executives in the USA... IT has their numbers, email, mailing address and business info.

It was pure magic they way I obtained it!
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 18:30, Tod Torrent wrote:
What's your typical response rate, Curtis?

Well the response rate varies. To get booked on television shows in LA you have to stay in front of the production team and the team changes all the time, sometimes the casting director will take your info with them which is good in its own way.

For jobs they do very well. The timing is an issue for corporate events I would suggest Jan and then mid of the year and maybe one more time in NOV for the holiday parties.
For schools I would say begging of the school year and Oct (this covers halloween gigs-thanks giving and winter holiday events) and then one at end of the school year for the out of school parties.

But you need to target your list. For example I mail to weddings because I know they most likely they hire entertainment.
DOn't do mailings to a graphic desinger , small insurance agents, brokers (unless it is a major firm) becasues most likely they will not hire you.

Donald can give more insight.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hey, Curtis:

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice with the rest of the community Smile
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I've done business with a company who
does a promotion where you can get
1000 full colour postcards for free.

I did do the promotion just to try them
out. They are great to work with and
great quality but the free promotion
does allow them to do this bright pink
advertising on the back.

its best to go with their 4/4 5000
post cards for $150.00

which is about the average price
out there.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
http://www.gotprint.com all the way for post cards! Smile

Leland Stone anytime! Here to help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Printing Postcards and more (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL